Pages:
Author

Topic: 7.5 Billion People / 21 Million Bitcoin = 1 Bitcoin For Every 357 People - page 2. (Read 1395 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
1 in 357 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

It is a pozi and you don't even see it.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/1-bitcoin-community-controls-99-bitcoin-wealth/

This is the death blow to universal acceptance, greed.
I don't think these kinds of numbers should even be surprising to anyone, and this makes a ton of sense and honestly I wouldn't expect for it to be any other way.
However, looking at the chart they provide, having a majority of wallets with next to nothing in them isn't something that really means anything since people use different addresses or they have something more than $2 of Bitcoin in their address. As SOON as you pass $1.68 (now) in your wallet you become part of the 99%.
Weak chart, proves nothing special. I'm part of their 1% off of this.

It is not surprising because it is exactly how the world economy works and we are rallying against the elite when in fact the BTC situation is IDENTICAL!

It is disgusting and honestly heart breaking to see clear as day that the limitations are in place for a small towns worth of people to get ultra rich then the house burns down, mine as well be fiat at this point in the long run.

The real advancement here is the tech, the chain NOT the BTC.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Now work out how many satoshi per person and try again. Then factor in a hard fork in the future with twice as many decimal places giving us .0000000000000001 BTC as the smallest denomination and try again.
Activity: 490
Merit: 520

I don't think these kinds of numbers should even be surprising to anyone, and this makes a ton of sense and honestly I wouldn't expect for it to be any other way.
However, looking at the chart they provide, having a majority of wallets with next to nothing in them isn't something that really means anything since people use different addresses or they have something more than $2 of Bitcoin in their address. As SOON as you pass $1.68 (now) in your wallet you become part of the 99%.
Weak chart, proves nothing special. I'm part of their 1% off of this.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

Activity: 490
Merit: 520
Fun topic! Tongue

The population will continue to grow at an exponential rate. Demand will grow for Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies, uncertainty will grow in the Stock and Real Estate Market. This is creating the perfect storm for increased purchasing power for BTC.

Due to its rarity and world population boom with many of them being un-banked, there only option will be Bitcoin and other crypto's!  Wink

David BTC Silverspoon
Well, let's be a bit more fair and say that Bitcoin becomes popular with the entire population with internet access, so something like 40% of the world population, or 3.2-ish billion people, and remove the rest since they can't effectively use Bitcoin.
You're looking at something like 1 BTC per 125 person, which is still a small amount, however it is less large than the 1 per 357 figure.
Maybe in the future with a sort of hyper-connected world (if we get that far) we can see that number increase, but for now I think we still have >1 BTC/person in the Bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
More than half of the population thinks bitcoin is an evil pyramid ponzi scheme destined to fail due to lack of bank overlord regulation.

Feel free to be conservative with those estimates.

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003
Fun topic! Tongue

The population will continue to grow at an exponential rate. Demand will grow for Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies, uncertainty will grow in the Stock and Real Estate Market. This is creating the perfect storm for increased purchasing power for BTC.

Due to its rarity and world population boom with many of them being un-banked, there only option will be Bitcoin and other crypto's!  Wink

David BTC Silverspoon
7 Billion is the world population according to United Nations as of 2011 and there's only 21 Million Bitcoin capped according to this site https://www.quora.com/How-many-Bitcoins-are-currently-in-circulation so if that is the case then there's only 0.003 BTC available for every one in that 7 Billion. That is if my calculations are correct.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Fun topic! Tongue

Due to its rarity and world population boom with many of them being un-banked, there only option will be Bitcoin and other crypto's!  Wink

UPDATED 5-18-2017

Thanks for all the great replies to this thread! I admire all of your thoughts. There plenty who agree and disagree as expected. Even if only a small portion of the world economies invest and utilize Bitcoin, those strong holders and users will continue to accumulate more on an ongoing basis.

I accumulate mBTC's daily. About $5 per day automatically after accumulating my core position between $250-$450 per Bitcoin, so I am pretty happy overall. I don't think about the price. I am in this for the long haul and using Bitcoin's momentum to build my purchasing power. By the time I sell/trade my Bitcoins it will be to buy Real Estate to rent when it's extremely undervalued for more cash-flow to again invest in more Bitcoin. Or I will loan out my Bitcoins for continued interest rate of return.

David BTC Silverspoon
~He Who Own Bitcoin, Makes The Rules!
Pages:
Jump to: