Pages:
Author

Topic: 76% of Adults are Making Lifestyle Changes to Prepare for a Potential Recession (Read 552 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
If we, adults, will not be responsible in handling our finances, we will definitely fail and will not survive when the recession happens. Our families and especially the younger family members rely on us so having an appropriate lifestyle will be a smart response to this crisis. We should eliminate the necessary things that cause us to spend too much. Our lifestyle should match our finances and there should always be a savings allocation.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Pawsome
When Adult of course we must be smarter to manage finances, usually when adult then we have reduced work or business activity, physical decreasing and weak and if we do not immediately change the lifestyle then we can be sure to go bankrupt.
Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
How are people around the world responding to this threatening risk. yes, there are probably many others around the world who have made some similar changes but whatever Technique you decide to use, the most important thing is to stay consistent in whatever changes you make. we try to do.

I think if that's critical enough, Food is a better investment than gold. A good pack of noodles will fill you up and provide more energy than a handful of gold bars.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Please share your personal experiences on how people in your country are preparing for or dealing with a recession.

With the continuous weakening of our local currency and continuous climbing of inflation rate, people here don't care anymore if a recession will happen. I live in a 3rd world country so most of the people here just go with the flow on their daily living. Minimum wage is not enough to sustain oneself since prices of basic commodities have shoot up to the point that whatever saving techniques you do, it is not enough. Only the people that belongs to middle-class and above are able to prepare if a recession is bound to happen soon.
Well, with poor people they are always facing a recession even before so this is certainly not new to them. In fact, it becomes harder for them to survive these days seeing the never ending price inflation. However, for middle class and rich people in society, most likely they focus more on investments right now and limits their spend in fiat because that will enable for them to see growth and development in their investments. Otherwise, they will end up suffering too from this endless inflation effects.
The sad reality is that those poor would get poorer, even they do have those kind of investment plans or something that would really enhanced their way of living but since they do have money to start on then they woul really be ending up on being poor in the end due to lack of capacity which is really a sad thing but there are people who do really strive on achieving goals despite of their condition.There are really just things which cant really be done if you dont have the money to move out.Its true that middle class or rich class would really be thinking on having businesses or diversifying their funds
for having that probability on creating more income but of course it would be accompanying such risk.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 278
According to a new survey, three-quarters(76%) of U.S. adults are delaying big purchases and reducing debts since they are worried about an impending economic downturn. Below is the summary of the findings:

• 34% of Americans are delaying major purchases like a home or a car
  • 29% are paying down debts
  • 28% are planning to reduce holiday spending
  • 24% are allocating more income to savings
  • 24% are staying in a job they do not enjoy

If ever a recession hits, there is likely to be a downsizing-i.e., a lot of workers are most likely to lose their jobs. Experts have suggested that emergency savings would act as a financial cushion. Here are their recommendations below:

• Dual-income families should save at least 3 months’ worth
  • Single earners should put aside 6 months or more
  • Entrepreneurs should set aside 1 year of expenses

In addition, from a personal standpoint, investing in a cryptocurrency, especially bitcoin, acts as a buffer against the harsh realities of a recession.

Please share your personal experiences on how people in your country are preparing for or dealing with a recession.
Apart form this more people are really planning for the recession because no one knows what. Happen next and if America goes into recession then I hope what happened last time will not repeat itself. Inflation is high and making persons are suffering including those that are working and those that have no job.
This is one of the best time to save and prepare for the worse because if things ever go wrong just like when the COVID-19 hits us very badly and unprepared, making people died of hunger and lives lost.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

With the continuous weakening of our local currency and continuous climbing of inflation rate, people here don't care anymore if a recession will happen. I live in a 3rd world country so most of the people here just go with the flow on their daily living. Minimum wage is not enough to sustain oneself since prices of basic commodities have shoot up to the point that whatever saving techniques you do, it is not enough. Only the people that belongs to middle-class and above are able to prepare if a recession is bound to happen soon.
Well, with poor people they are always facing a recession even before so this is certainly not new to them. In fact, it becomes harder for them to survive these days seeing the never ending price inflation. However, for middle class and rich people in society, most likely they focus more on investments right now and limits their spend in fiat because that will enable for them to see growth and development in their investments. Otherwise, they will end up suffering too from this endless inflation effects.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
    • 34% of Americans are delaying major purchases like a home or a car
    • 29% are paying down debts
    • 28% are planning to reduce holiday spending
    • 24% are allocating more income to savings
    • 24% are staying in a job they do not enjoy

[/list]
    It is a very correct decision not to take out loans during the crisis, because it becomes more difficult to earn money. But if you have money, then you can buy a car or a house during a crisis much cheaper, because demand will fall and sellers need money.
    But if you are poor and up to 50% of your salary is spent on loans and the rest for necessary needs, then it is very difficult to change something now.
    Activity: 1764
    Merit: 694
    [Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
    Have thought of several ways to deal with a possible recession, but don't know where to start. I can't believe it will have an impact on all walks of life, including rural people in developing countries. It's kind of funny when I explain this around, even my neighbors can't believe they went through a recession in 2009.
    It seems that the easily accessible information age has had an over-effect on the recession rumors this time around, lol.
    Activity: 1148
    Merit: 58
    People needs to do anything to save for the recession , as this will come near now then there are action people has to.though some are not to be truly affected but there are so much to happen .
    and for me? even without recession coming I keep saving and shorting my expenses as for the future.
    Activity: 219
    Merit: 15
    The potential for an economic recession became clearer after many companies were declared bankrupt and closed their businesses, they failed to pay their debts so that the country was always worried about the economic future, besides that there were many problems such as the threat of war, natural disasters and so on which have the potential to make us have to immediately change our life style.
    legendary
    Activity: 2282
    Merit: 1268
    While I can't be proud of my results. I have made efforts towards becoming more self sufficient since 2017. Its common for me to say its good for people to rely less on corporations and governments. Being reliant has been a big issue in recent times. As reliance on natural gas and other things has been revealed to be means of applying leverage to push agendas. Not wanting to be hypocritical there has been an effort made to follow through on things.

Over the last 5 years I tried to look at ways I'm reliant or dependent on outside people for things and tried to find alternatives. The basic themes are mundane things like: transportation, food, energy, water, home defense & security. Most of it is research based. Everyone would like to improve their circumstances. Most would not know where to start. Information and knowledge play big roles. Trial and error is also a factor.

I always looked at poverty outside of the US as america's future and thought all of the issues foreigners have abroad would someday find their way to american shores. That makes things easy.

While I am not proud I have been working towards countering the effects of an approaching
    recession, I started about 6 months ago but it's really too late, I should have started way earlier.

I think a lot of people have been caught napping so to speak and of course there will be people
    who will be able to absorb the effects of a recession and there will be many who won't.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been talking to business people who say there is a
    "Big Squeeze" coming.

There are those who have to make lifestyle changes, it will be forced upon them.
    Activity: 798
    Merit: 400
    I think it's actually good that people are becoming more financially aware and not letting consumerism eat up their future. It's better to be prepared while being wrong than to not have anything when worse comes to worst. I myself am converting some of my extra cash into other assets, and stocking on valuable necessities too just in case. Nothing wrong with it unless it becomes hoarding.
    indeed preparing from now is a wise thing. because preparations must be made from an early age so that we can be calm when a more severe economic crisis comes. because we already have preparations. But I hope that global economic conditions will improve. because I worry about those from the lower classes who can't even prepare for a more severe economic crisis to come. because they are from the lower classes even very difficult to meet their daily needs. But we don't need to panic about the Recession. because in fact this has happened a lot in the past. but preparations still have to be made.
    copper member
    Activity: 2324
    Merit: 2142
    Slots Enthusiast & Expert
    This is a middle-upper-class problem. I don't think most people in the country I currently reside give a shit about the recession since they had the worst, i.e., the pandemic. People here are used to uncertainty and survive on their daily income.

For middle-upper-class tho, they have to think about debt repayments and securing their assets. Basically is what OP has shown, and more portfolio rebalancing, via converting high-risk assets to low-risk assets. For the upper class, it's more about maximizing their potential wealth gain on discounted assets.
    legendary
    Activity: 3542
    Merit: 1352
    Cashback 15%
    I think it's actually good that people are becoming more financially aware and not letting consumerism eat up their future. It's better to be prepared while being wrong than to not have anything when worse comes to worst. I myself am converting some of my extra cash into other assets, and stocking on valuable necessities too just in case. Nothing wrong with it unless it becomes hoarding.
    Activity: 812
    Merit: 626
    I don't refuse by preparing and making some plans about anticipating the Recession, but for me, who incidentally lives in an environment that is actually lagging behind and with a mediocre economic condition, actually every day even before it was crowded, I have also felt the Recession for myself personally.

We just need a speedy intervention for this recession of a thing and nothing could have advanced to this if not the inflation we are all currently battling with, don't be surprised that not only your locality or country was bernnaffected by this, it a global challenge and everywhere is been affected, what we should be running after is on hiw to provide a lasting solution to the effect and this has also bring in about creating an alternative means to sustainable economy, bitcoin is already solving part of it, you discover that when you run an independent economy.
    I read some interesting things in the previous thread because preparing for Recession has to start from setting up an emergency fund, making investments and many others but if we look further this only works for people who have more funds there.
    For people who have this, it is clear that this is acceptable, but the problem is that we live where there are still many people who cannot even prepare savings or investments because they are still a little confused for tomorrow's meal, so that if something like this happens, it would be the law of the jungle. which is executed.
    Even though it's not all like that, we can now see a lot of cases or crimes that are based on the economy which is the main background.
    It's hard to figure out some things to do when something like this happens. But it's not that I want to give up on the situation but indeed for now there is nothing that really contributes well at this time in facing the Recession other than facing it with courage.-

What I mean is that when we want to prepare, we actually don't have to wait for it to get crowded first because indeed when preparing now with the recession already in its early stages it is still good but this seems like we are not ready because when the recession starts we have already prepared.

Dont depends on what the economy or government serves to give you, work out your own sustainable means, try as much as possible to be decentralized, avoid liability assets, cut your cost, increase your income and budget well with your financial assets, things cannot always be thesame as it has always been.
    You seem to have misinterpreted what I meant.
    I personally do not wait for what the government provides because this is tantamount to giving our lives to others in my opinion if we depend on other people or the government.

What I mean is when we can still do it, why not from the beginning, not just starting now to plan for a better life, even though we have been able to do it a few years before.
    But indeed this is the nature of humans like him because indeed they will only be ready when they are forced to face a problem.
    Activity: 1554
    Merit: 654
    The predicted recession can actually make us prepare for the worst, but that's if we were not previously involved in consumptive debt such as cars or luxury goods that are not too important or their value is rapidly dropping, unfortunately more young people in my country already involved in such debt, and there are many more whose income is not sufficient for their daily needs, these people just hope that they still can working and a help from government that have little impact
    Something bad has been predicted for us to experience in the not too distant future. Yes, a nightmare that we don't really want to experience in real life. One way that we can do right now is to reduce our spending as much as possible to prepare for and live this recession. We can't avoid this kind of thing, but we can prepare as well as possible before it actually happens. From this we should realize that preparing for the future is something very important.
    Activity: 2968
    Merit: 913
    The upcoming recession might be stagflation, which means recession+inflation. However, the chance of having a stagflation crisis isn't that big.
    I can't imagine how the working class people would survive losing their jobs and having to deal with increasing food prices at the same time.
    The governments aren't prepared for fighting recession/stagflation. The national debts are at historical levels and the interest rates are growing globally, which means that getting new debt will become more expensive. Mortgages and consumer debt will also become more expensive. Nobody is fully prepared for a crisis, but let's not panic and let's not believe in the massive FUD. The winter is going to be hard, but the next spring/summer might be a better period.
    Activity: 1974
    Merit: 586
    Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
    The preparation only can be done by people that already have an assets and the income can cover all daily needs not with people in third world country.
    People from the third world can only hope that there is no riot because this can also happen when many people can no longer get food.
    Some of what you said is true. In the midst of saving with all the wealth they have, it is easy for those who earn above enough. But if you look at the downside of course I feel how the hope that the recession will only kill the lower class. Such a scary recession, people who can only survive day by day will experience a faster collapse, starvation and somehow I describe such conditions too sad.

People with average salaries can still set aside some of their money to save and prepare for a recession. But not for others. Hopefully, the predictions of a recession don't really come to pass. Because it can kill a smaller population like us.
    Activity: 2632
    Merit: 787
    Jack of all trades 💯
    In the last few weeks I've read a lot about Recession, Recession Threats and so on.
    I really don't want to be naive about this because it's really good to be prepared for this but there are some things I can say here.
    I don't refuse by preparing and making some plans about anticipating the Recession, but for me, who incidentally lives in an environment that is actually lagging behind and with a mediocre economic condition, actually every day even before it was crowded, I have also felt the Recession for myself personally. .
    What I mean is that when we want to prepare, we actually don't have to wait for it to get crowded first because indeed when preparing now with the recession already in its early stages it is still good but this seems like we are not ready because when the recession starts we have already prepared.
    The preparation only can be done by people that already have an assets and the income can cover all daily needs not with people in third world country.
    People from the third world can only hope that there is no riot because this can also happen when many people can no longer get food.

Doesn't mean they are categorized on third world they don't have money used to prepared on something worse. But for sure majority are now incapable of saving something to use especially on worst case scenario to come. Maybe there are others will be left behind due to financial reasons but for sure if their government is eager to help their citizens they can get over with it. For now since this case is slowly happening maybe its time for country leaders to find ways to boost up agricultural sector or where they can generate foods for their citizens since this could save many of them from total hunger or other worse that we can see.
    legendary
    Activity: 1750
    Merit: 1094
    Assalamu Alekum

The US economy previously reported negative growth for 2 consecutive quarters, in theory, they have officially entered a recession but the Fed and the government still say there is no recession, this is just a diversion and understatement to avoid causing panic.

Energy, all commodities globally are up 20%-30% and central banks are constantly pumping money in response to the current situation, enough to suggest a recession is underway, rather for preparing for a recession. The best solution today is the same as you shared: let's save up and it's better that we find part-time jobs, work more than usual to have more income to cover life. When the war is over and goods are in circulation, things will gradually recover.
    Pages:
    Jump to: