Pages:
Author

Topic: 773M Emails Hacked - page 2. (Read 239 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 29
February 03, 2019, 02:57:17 PM
If you've activated 2FA on your account on exchanges then your accounts should be secured even if your email had been hacked.
This is really a large breach and would lead to loss of lots of personal information if it's true. You can also security your email address using 2FA to keep it protected.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
February 03, 2019, 02:56:18 PM
Password manager + 24 long unique password + 2FA = profit.

Never reuse your password and never pick a shit password (i.e ilovemydog123).

Never got hacked after uncountables leaks.
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
February 03, 2019, 02:25:41 PM
This info has been going around quite some time now but I just wanted to share with anyone who hasn't heard it yet. The article explains how was found out that 773M emails and over 21M passwords were hacked and leaked on what is thought to be the largest email hack ever. https://www.cnet.com/news/massive-breach-leaks-773-million-emails-21-million-passwords/

What does this mean for me?

Like everyone I have my email address linked with several exchanges with several open orders in buy or in sell. That being said if someone was to find my mail address and password would try and enter on those exchanges. I've activated 2FA on every exchange but it doesn't feel good to know that I might be one of those 773M hacked email. My coins are on my hardware wallets but I have some other on exchanges on buy and sell orders. With one email hack I could lose some money. Luckily there is this website  https://haveibeenpwned.com that finds out if your email has been hacked or not. I tried it and fortunately my main account I use on most exchanges is safe.
I suggest everyone to give it a try and if you find out smth that you don't like I suggest you change the email password to start with, and then to change the password on all the exchanges where you have used that email address.

Let's keep our money safe guys  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: