Pages:
Author

Topic: [796.com] Red Star Mining est. January 2012 - page 2. (Read 17020 times)

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
We did use Coinapult Locks BTW to help lock in the price of next months hosting costs.  We locked in $3,000USD at approximately $400USD/BTC.  This will guarantee that it's profitable to run all the gear now until December at least.  No matter if we have another crash before the bill is due at the end of the month to the beginning of next month.

OK nice to hear that

I suppose it's best to wait to decide once they have a fully working demo unit that they promise to soon have.

https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-chip/   

I'm with you on this.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Est. January 2012
We did use Coinapult Locks BTW to help lock in the price of next months hosting costs.  We locked in $3,000USD at approximately $400USD/BTC.  This will guarantee that it's profitable to run all the gear now until December at least.  No matter if we have another crash before the bill is due at the end of the month to the beginning of next month.
Est. January 2012
News about Dividens and or the srcypt miners?

AlphaT now have their working chips and we just have to decide on whether to go ahead with the $7k purchase of their speculated 500MH/[email protected].  I suppose it's best to wait to decide once they have a fully working demo unit that they promise to soon have.  If their specs are correct then at the current Litecoin mining difficulty and USD/LTC price they'd hash $1,582 per month.  While costing us $525 a month to host.  Or hash 4BTC a month while costing us 18BTC to purchase and 1.34BTC a month to host.

https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-chip/   
Est. January 2012

Sorry for the late update, but one of our main PR guys is currently relocating to another state currently.  And he'll be very busy until Tuesday so I'll try to do a brief update.  October's dividend has already been issued.  We paid a 30% deposit on four Alpha Vipers.  Which came to £6,540.00GBP/$10,514USD although at the time last January this only cost us around 12BTC.  We've approach AlphaT on a deal and they said that we can cancel two devices and use their deposits towards the purchase of just two Alpha Vipers.  So this would mean that we'd now only have to pay £4,429.98GBP/$7,121.84USD to purchase two Alpha Vipers.  These Alpha Viper devices are expected to run at least 250MH/s each.  We're still on the fence whether to just cut or losses on this and cancel our order.  So input from shareholders would be appreciated.  Here is the latest update from, AlpahT - https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-06102014 - they are also offerting a loyaty scheme to try and compensate for the delays.  Which would need to be signed before the end of the month - https://alpha-t.net/loyalty-scheme-rules opions on that too are apppricated.

On other news if the price swings above $400/BTC in the next few weeks then we are too trial Coinapult locks in locking in next months hosting costs.  We may also start looking into selling off some older gear next month.

legendary
Est. January 2012
September 21, 2014, 11:35:28 AM
Our host'ers have altered the power configuration to the 6.25 AM-V1s and now we're hashing at - 23.57(TH/s)@23.88kW in total.  We still have another four AM_V1s being RMA'd which should add another ~4.33TH/s once they're back.  If the BTC/USD price is not equal or over approximately $450 by the time our next hosting invoice is due.  We may down-volt the five 1TH/s Bitmine rigs to 500GH/s each.  Where they should hash at 0.9j/1GH instead of the current 1.1j/1GH.
Est. January 2012
September 12, 2014, 01:14:00 PM
We've now got some of the AM-V1s blades fixed and they're currently hashing at 4.745Thps with more to be fixed.  Our S3's are currently hashing at 11.6Thps and we're currently working with the host'ers to squeeze a bit more out of them.  While the Bimine rigs are still hashing away at 5.05Thps.  So as of this moment we're currently hashing at 21.4Thps.  The current low BTC prices have been hurting us though with hosting costs.

I've managed to to tweak the S3's total hashrate up to ~11.987Thps so far since yesterday.  Although hopefully we can get them up to <=12.54Thps.
Est. January 2012
September 11, 2014, 02:44:14 PM
INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Est. January 2012
September 11, 2014, 06:52:20 AM
We've now got some of the AM-V1s blades fixed and they're currently hashing at 4.745Thps with more to be fixed.  Our S3's are currently hashing at 11.6Thps and we're currently working with the host'ers to squeeze a bit more out of them.  While the Bimine rigs are still hashing away at 5.05Thps.  So as of this moment we're currently hashing at 21.4Thps.  The current low BTC prices have been hurting us though with hosting costs.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Our host'ers have finally manged to get some of the AM-V1s working - http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/12EkATVUyn92hGzS67kR4aWrjwsVjixUij - they have also now finally given Chalbersma physical access to one of the faulty AM-V1s to see if we can fix them without having to RMA all the faulty units.  As we only have 4.457Thps of their 12.4Thps total hashrate working currently.  The S3's are currently pulling in ~12Thps so that means our current live total hashrate is ~21.5Thps

If you need help RMA'ing blades, I was given plenty of spares by BTC Garden and would be happy to help you out.

Could you send us replacements while we get our fixed RMA'd units from China delivered to you.  We're just in the process of getting the faulty units back from our host'ers.

Sure. You can send the bad ones back to us in the US, and I can send you replacements from our US warehouse. Feel free to drop me a PM and I can hel you guys out.
Est. January 2012
Our host'ers have finally manged to get some of the AM-V1s working - http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/12EkATVUyn92hGzS67kR4aWrjwsVjixUij - they have also now finally given Chalbersma physical access to one of the faulty AM-V1s to see if we can fix them without having to RMA all the faulty units.  As we only have 4.457Thps of their 12.4Thps total hashrate working currently.  The S3's are currently pulling in ~12Thps so that means our current live total hashrate is ~21.5Thps

If you need help RMA'ing blades, I was given plenty of spares by BTC Garden and would be happy to help you out.

Could you send us replacements while we get our fixed RMA'd units from China delivered to you.  We're just in the process of getting the faulty units back from our host'ers.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net

Est. January 2012
Est. January 2012
Most of the S3's are up.  Here's Eligius stats page which is one of the three pools we're balancing across - http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/15fsnnPrRdHy6qQCks559vkK1i4b786sef - All the S3 rewards should go to - 15fsnnPrRdHy6qQCks559vkK1i4b786sef - While we'll try and set all the AM-v1 miners to go to - 12EkATVUyn92hGzS67kR4aWrjwsVjixUij
Est. January 2012
Some bad news and some good news.  First with the bad news:  Due to bad management by our collocation center our first batch of miners have been sat dormant in their center since they arrived last week.  Now with the good/better news:  The collocation center has promised to have both batches up running and live on Tuesday.  So this Tuesday we should be hashing live at [email protected].  As we'll now be over 30Thps this would take around nineteen days on average to solo hash a namecoin block.  So we're currently planning on operating our own public P2Pool node and solo merge mining NMC,DVC,IXC,I0C and GroupCoin.  All the miners will be on the same switch as the P2Pool server so we should get some very good results.  Also by offering a public node we will be able to feed some merged-mined alts off any hashrate pointed at the node.  We currently subsidies the costs of two full bitcoind nodes which are both over four-thousand miles apart.  
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
I'm just catching up on the news now, this is great stuff! Thanks for keeping your eye on the ball.
legendary
Great news guys, you have made my day , thanks!
Activity: 544
RSM seems to be a constant stream of good news recently..

Keep up the good work guys.  Grin
Est. January 2012
Good news  Grin  our 12.4(TH/s)@13kW@BTC21.46 order arrived yesterday and we're aiming to get it in the collocation center on Monday.  Even more good news  Grin  our order of thirty Antminer S3's at 13.23(TH/s)@10.5kW@BTC21.03 has shipped so hopefully we can get that also in the collocation center next week also  Grin  So next week we'll be hashing at 30.68(TH/s)@28.75kW.
Est. January 2012
RSM made need up to two more technically minded staff in the Kansas City Area.  Over the next few months depending on our growth and certain deals going through.  Any positions are always at first offered to shareholders and their friends/family.  Although if you follow this thread and are interested in the potential positions.  Then please inbox us your details.
Pages:
Jump to: