Pages:
Author

Topic: 8 RX580 Hashrate Drop - page 2. (Read 305 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
May 27, 2018, 10:49:57 AM
So many times when dealing with computer problems, you have to find out what’s not causing the problem to find out what is causing the problem.  By process of elimination, you eventually get to the problem.

To find out if it’s a power problem or not, reduce the power usage on the cards.  The easiest way to do that is stop dual mining and only mine Eth.  If mining Eth only works fine, then I’d think it’s a power problem.

Same settings, and removed the dcri setting I originally had, Ethereum only has pushed hashrates back up to 32 MH/s with the exception of cards 3 and 5 (Now mining 15 and 10 MH/s) Cards 3 and 5 have insane memory errors again and gpu 2 with some errors. Total Hashrate has declined.

Why are you mining SIA? I thought ASIC's killed any profitability. Aren't there better coins to dual mine with? Have you tried re-installing the drivers with all 8 cards inserted?

Just did fresh DDU and installed most recent driver yesterday. Have been mining Sia because I like the coin, but I can go without mining it if it solves problems , since I'm only getting 5-600 MH/s and earning a few coins a week.
Activity: 67
Merit: 3
May 27, 2018, 10:23:07 AM
Why are you mining SIA? I thought ASIC's killed any profitability. Aren't there better coins to dual mine with? Have you tried re-installing the drivers with all 8 cards inserted?
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
May 27, 2018, 10:16:25 AM
So many times when dealing with computer problems, you have to find out what’s not causing the problem to find out what is causing the problem.  By process of elimination, you eventually get to the problem.

To find out if it’s a power problem or not, reduce the power usage on the cards.  The easiest way to do that is stop dual mining and only mine Eth.  If mining Eth only works fine, then I’d think it’s a power problem.
May 27, 2018, 10:07:18 AM
Dual mining eats up the power, though you should have enough to handle it.  Try mining just eth without Sia and see if hashrate holds.

With the 4 cards mining dual, they were all running at 32 MH/s each, so is that to say there's too much power being drawn with all 8?
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
May 27, 2018, 10:00:09 AM
Dual mining eats up the power, though you should have enough to handle it.  Try mining just eth without Sia and see if hashrate holds.
May 27, 2018, 09:51:09 AM
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, finally looking to join and become a master miner. Did some searching but didn't come across any answers. I've got an issue with my settings I believe, where I can get each card to individually mine Ethereum ~31.5-32.5 MH/s, but when I connect all 8 GPUs, only the card connected via HDMI consistently mines at that rate, and the rest are 27-29 each. Here's my setup:

Windows 10 Home
MSI Z270 SLI-PLUS
Pentium G4400
2 4gb Ballistix Memory
128 GB SSD
8 MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB (5 Micron, 2 Samsung, 1 Hynix)
2 EVGA 850W Platinum Supernova P2 PSU

Just upgraded to the Adrenaline 18.5.1 (from 18.2) drivers and still having same issue.

Dual Mining Ethereum/Sia on Claymore with these settings
-dcri 18 -tt 67 -tstop 85 -fanmin 40 -fanmax 100 -cclock 1200 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 900 -mclock 2250

If I adjust the voltage in any direction, card 3 and 5 have insane memory errors. These are the only settings that have given me zero errors across all cards, they are running 130-135 watts each like this and I'd like to lower if possible. As it sits, I'm running 1485 at the wall, and I'd like to get to at least 1360w to keep the PSUs within 80% of total wattage.

I was able to run 4 cards at a consistent 31.5-32.5 and when I got around to getting all 8 cards put together everything dropped.

Anyone have any suggestions? Appreciate any help!
Pages:
Jump to: