Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 111. (Read 12219 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15
April 11, 2018, 09:03:32 AM
I would say that 80% are scams, but 90% will fail. Choose wisely friends!!
Activity: 1330
Merit: 100
C O M B O
April 11, 2018, 08:55:21 AM

actually not like what you say, in fact new ico keep popping up. that means many investors really believe in the crypto business. I admit, there are many ico that fail and do not run according to the concept and plan, some ico become garbage. but I think for the future, there will be a lot of innovations and ideas in stretcher by ico. and most importantly we must have a regulation that protects investors from scam actions.
Activity: 462
https://saturn.black
April 11, 2018, 08:47:48 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

I think it's a little bit higher in my opinion, every day we have a new airdrop ICO coming and there's no guaranty that these are a legit project, it's like a gambling or an early bird scenario, some of these can manage to go to exchange but after a few weeks or months their price drops to zero
Here you can not be sure that the company is not scam. Today there are so many new ICO, and you never know what will be good and what will not.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 08:47:26 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

I understand what you're saying. But, instead of using the word "scam", I think that it's better to see them or label them as failing ICOs. As you know, there are so many ICOs popping out seemingly on a daily basis in this market. Therefore, it's harder to find a concept and a product that could prosper with higher chances, thus, more people would see ICOs as some sort of scams, and would mistake those projects that didn't really have a chance to stay afloat as scams.
Activity: 58
April 11, 2018, 08:44:31 AM
That prediction is a bad news for me or to other person here who are depending to ico's .. For gaining a money.
So we will still stay to the positive output of icos .to reduce our madness.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
April 11, 2018, 08:44:24 AM

DYOR people ...

I think it's a little bit higher in my opinion, every day we have a new airdrop ICO coming and there's no guaranty that these are a legit project, it's like a gambling or an early bird scenario, some of these can manage to go to exchange but after a few weeks or months their price drops to zero
Activity: 448
April 11, 2018, 08:38:38 AM

DYOR people ...

I am not surprised but you need to know that Crypto industry is in its infact stage and most of the ICOs are just looking for a way to raise money to test an idea that would have been kicked off by Venture capitalist. However, there are undervalued projects or ICO that will make a difference and change the world.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
April 11, 2018, 08:33:21 AM
In turn, think about what can be done in real life so simple that it can bring huge returns. Just like saving money, lack of supervision, lack of transparency, just a concept of a website, a white paper can get so much money, it is still very It is difficult to be traced, so the swindler is always more sensitive than the honest man.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
April 11, 2018, 08:32:10 AM
To avoid getting caught on scammers, you need to buy coins already after  go to the exchange.I think this is the safest option
Every ICO we like to join has a risky moment. Its normal for that because we like to grow our earnings of tokens if we have no courage ,definitely we can't fullfil our targets. We need to try every transaction to develop more our tactics about trading and exchanging of coins. I know it has a possibility of no return but atleast we can experience a mistake to be more vigilant in next transactions. Hoping for cooperation and sincerity.
Activity: 4
April 11, 2018, 08:26:33 AM
Yes, most are indeed scams. Always do thorough research on these companies and team behind it. Reputation and/or expertise goes a long way. It's always a plus on my book when the company already exists, and not just appear out of nowhere.
Activity: 226
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
April 11, 2018, 08:22:52 AM
To avoid getting caught on scammers, you need to buy coins already after  go to the exchange.I think this is the safest option
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
April 11, 2018, 08:21:59 AM
Its a shame to hear statistics like that with proof. Blockchain is a great technology! I just hope that all these scams will not prevent blockchain from further development
Activity: 266
April 11, 2018, 08:21:30 AM
I'm not sure about your numbers, but in any case, the overwhelming majority of frankly fraudulent prefects are sooo easy to calculate. Sometimes, of course, professionals are mistaken in assessments, but this is perhaps rare!
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
April 10, 2018, 02:49:54 PM
Yes, a lot of ICOs are scams but there are legit ones too. Due to it being unregulated allows more dodgy people to create an ICO and that is an issue. Ernst & Young (accounting firm), found that "10% of the $3.7 billion raised through ICOs has been lost or stolen"
Activity: 658
April 10, 2018, 02:46:32 PM
yes i think is more than 80% is scam but they are scamming in a long-term not for the short term but cryptocurrency will survive happy surfing the web.
Activity: 1080
Merit: 500
April 10, 2018, 02:45:07 PM
As sad as it may seem, you're right. Do fraud among ICO projects very much, and apart from fraud, the company may go bankrupt. To participate in the bounty becomes like a lottery.
Activity: 888
Merit: 571
Payer sa baguette en BTC, c'est possible
April 10, 2018, 02:41:04 PM
scammer are where money can be made on fooled person, and always will be, as crypto as growing in awareness scam have beginning to spread in every part of the crypto world and are more and more sofisticated. You can do nothing about that than be cautious when investing and go for project with a real backing and utility.
Activity: 154
April 10, 2018, 02:35:32 PM
Yes, you are right. There is too many SCAM ICOs at this moment. But also you can find the most profitable ICOs.  For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
April 10, 2018, 04:10:40 AM
Yes lot  scam project in the space reason why it is required to take cautious as an investor, what is use to measure the percentage of failed and successful project.
Activity: 307
Merit: 119
April 10, 2018, 04:07:04 AM

DYOR people ...
of course with many issues about ICO scam we need to be careful in choosing some good ICO by looking at how many positive responses in the ICO to not disappoint in the future.
Jump to: