Pages:
Author

Topic: 8,000 bitcoin Lost because of the blue death screen. (Read 1293 times)

copper member
Activity: 220
Merit: 64
l0tt0.com
yup. he didn't even bother to come back to the thread after posting it. prob onto the next..
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
With recovering the funds. Read the thread, there are people actually volunteering to help.  Grin

As to keeping huge amounts in a single wallet, if it was created back in 2010 it's possible because 8k BTC was peanuts back then and there was no reason to split or somehow protect it additionally.  Grin

There never was 8k BTC at stake here. The OP never had the corresponding wallet.dat. He bought it from somewhere. It came with the backstory he presented. If you'd have read the thread you'd have known it wasn't actually his wallet but belonged to an old miner who had a separate account on this forum. OP was oblivious to all this.

This story is such a bs attempt to grasp attention.

Nothing OP tells us here is summing up.
Now OP waits until 2021 to tell the world that he lost access to his wallet in NOV 2010 and comes up 11 Years later to the most visited Bitcoin forum on the internet?

OP found out about bitcointalk.org just now, even though he knew Bitcoin in 2009?

You might want to ask this guy https://twitter.com/gkelly - who probably is the real owner of the wallet in question. I doubt he wants to talk about his wallet too much, but hey, its the interwebs, ask him.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
So anyone willing to help be aware.  Angry
Help with what exactly? It's a bought fake wallet with no actual private keys, I just don't understand why people keep such large amounts on a single exposed public key.

When you want to be your own bank, you should also do what bankers do, doing some work to keep the money safe, in bitcoin is as simple as holding the coins on a fresh address with no exposed public key. But we don't really know what has happened to some of these wallets and their owners.

With recovering the funds. Read the thread, there are people actually volunteering to help.  Grin

As to keeping huge amounts in a single wallet, if it was created back in 2010 it's possible because 8k BTC was peanuts back then and there was no reason to split or somehow protect it additionally.  Grin
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
So anyone willing to help be aware.  Angry
Help with what exactly? It's a bought fake wallet with no actual private keys, I just don't understand why people keep such large amounts on a single exposed public key.

When you want to be your own bank, you should also do what bankers do, doing some work to keep the money safe, in bitcoin is as simple as holding the coins on a fresh address with no exposed public key. But we don't really know what has happened to some of these wallets and their owners.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
Looks pretty suspicious or a joke. Having a hard drive with 400 million dollars, instead of finding the best masters in reality, he goes to the forum to ask... Are you the author? gkelly 15Z5YJaaNSxeynvr6uW6jQZLwq3n1Hu6RX https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-richest-users-on-the-bitcoin-forum-24346 Make a complete copy of the hard disk (image) and upload it here and we'll see what you can do  Grin

Indeed, very suspicious. I've seen posts before by scammers trying to hack inactive wallets with huge amounts of BTC inside (probably owner died or missing). If you manage to persuade forum users to hack this wallet with huge balance which doesn't belong to you, you can afford a 100BTC bounty right? So anyone willing to help be aware.  Angry
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
if you want to lie *cough*use your data; not mine.
ya ya this is a old thread ...alot of oversight on this issue.

the 7200.7 firmware had major headaches let alone your hdd series overall. .. i had 4 of these that failed either due to the firmware or faulty pbc boards-chips.  
out of all this time years and years... this guy posts in 2021 ummm ok..... but why didnt he just use google and type in the hdd and hit enter?
more so alot of the ppl who replied dont even address the communication/hardware ... but seem to cite driver issues in windows which is just wrong.  its a standard oem driver guys doesnt matter if he was updating win7 or not.  

There were 3 ways to fix the drive, the reason the data was corrupt is due to the firmware. Also seagate got sued on these models 1tb to 3tb before they killed it and had class action payouts ...
the data will never be stable for the wallet.dat unless the firmware is updated, there is a old tool to jumper the drive and use a special sea firmware utility... or look up the pcb chip number and order another board to replace the CHIP not the entire board.

if you have a grinding or loud click where it gets stuck, and fails to read your head is crashing.  You can stop using it and send  it to a clean-room for them to move the data platters to a identical drive in most cases, but now your talking 5k...
or you can do the poor mans fix and that is to freeze the drive in a 3x ziplock with the air sucked out... then when its frozen after 3 hours plug it in up-side down and hurry and grab what you need...

So you can use whatever data recovery you want .. hell ill give you the stuff that really works with license but wont help you as you need to address the firmware for the drives ..crappy hardware that everyone and their mother knew about ...

when seagate bought IBM around then.. it was nonsense... as the issues came with them. IBM drives had the nickname the DEATHSTARS as they died randomly... sorry wasnt due to starwars nonsense.  Anyways scsi 320 was my friend still ..
so you have a few choices but i would of started with the firmware version -- updating normally if that didnt work then using the sea utility with the jumper circuit board plugged into the back of the drive yes there were instructions... but i also would of changed out ata cables and ran it on win7 ultimate not the crappy normal version and fully updated before you added the drive....
nix or win doesnt matter which one when its a firmware gnome kicking you in the balls, I/O Error or ICQ drops out ...hope your fav color is blue.

A blue screen is not death, its telling you its choking... also bluescreen on win7 was more ram issues or virus related... but never did i have any clients lose data on bluescreens except what was in cache as they were running a app or working on a file.
IF the dat was open when it crashed.. and now is is bad now, i have something which will make a new copy from it and render it good to be opened.... not a big deal. if it still is missing data then recovery deep scan and pulling all version of it would of solved it too....... ps i have this dat and seems fine to me...

More so others who had bluescreens and lost dats back then was due to a person, hacking them and burning the system...any  intrusion/attack would of deleted win32 start up files, the pointer on the partition and then rebooted.
Just reading how so many other things are missed he could of done.... to me its totally firmware manf issue...  if dave didnt attend to it, you can get the file from me.. or if you want your hdd fixed i can send you the things i mentioned, i dont need them anymore .. or i can do it for you on the changing out chips or any good pc shop can too.

Then take that pc out back and smash it with a hammer and set it on fire.... This is why IBM went into colocation and blade systems less client lawsuits Cheesy

7200 firmware ALL OF IT is just a pile of garbage. i rather break it open and use the magnets for my fridge for fuck sake  LOL  ....   ok im done with the rant.. hope that rounded out things.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
Looks pretty suspicious or a joke. Having a hard drive with 400 million dollars, instead of finding the best masters in reality, he goes to the forum to ask... Are you the author? gkelly 15Z5YJaaNSxeynvr6uW6jQZLwq3n1Hu6RX https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-richest-users-on-the-bitcoin-forum-24346 Make a complete copy of the hard disk (image) and upload it here and we'll see what you can do  Grin

Just tell me please if you were in the same situation, caan you trust someone with your hard drive ?

I have done lot of research (ur shit reality), All of them are saying keep the hard drive for check and come back later !!  lol like dealing with an idiot.

So you have a wallet.dat file but you say it is corrupted. In what way? How do you know it's corrupted?
Personally I would try to get the disk recovered and make a clone of it.
Next woudl be to look at teh wallet.dat and see how it is corrupted. In what way. There might be parts that can be repaired.
I can also help you with this.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Very amusing story. Here's a plot twist. The OP really has a wallet.dat to recover but there are no 8k btc lying there, maybe just a fraction of a coin. Offering 100 BTC guarantees that those who know how to help will definitely try their best to help the "poor" "rich" guy for the reward. At the end if they manage to recover the wallet file, they just get a ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)╭╮. End of  the story.

But here's the real plot twist, those "good guys" are soo good that they actually found the real owner of the mighty 8k address and showed the ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)╭╮ to the OP...

Anyway... if the OP really needs to recover the file, just let us know the "real" story behind it.

Meanwhile ...

Activity: 846
Merit: 22
$$P2P BTC BRUTE.JOIN NOW ! https://uclck.me/SQPJk
Sindibad looks like go away from forum.....
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
My god, this thread is an abomination to read, particularly due to loads of spam comments from people who post thinking they will actually be getting 1BTC!  Sad

Consider use "Report to moderator" feature to report obvious spam.

- Tell us the size of your hard disk and C drive. Windows 7 installation writes about 20GB of files so your chances of recovery are (disk size in GB - 20)/(disk size) * 100% assuming after the installation, you did not install anything else, and in particular you did not download a bunch of movies or install a bunch of AAA games like Call of Duty, or copy large files from the E:/ disk, or do anything else that takes dozens of extra GB of disk space.

Is it really that simple? How about temporary files (such as when install windows or generated by application) and swap file (AFAIK it's about 1.5x larger than your RAM size) which could significantly reduce chance of recovery?

(which in Linux will be named something like /dev/sda or /dev/sdb).

To find it easily, you could use software such as GNOME Disks which shows model/type of the drive.

Source : https://software.opensuse.org/package/gnome-disk-utility
legendary
My god, this thread is an abomination to read, particularly due to loads of spam comments from people who post thinking they will actually be getting 1BTC!  Sad

Now this isn't to taint your trustworthiness, but shouldn't you be focusing on recovery first, and then think about distributing rewards later? Besides it makes no sense to give bounties to unhelpful people just because they replied first.

What's bizarre is that these people truly believe there's a chance they're gonna get some bitcoin. It's a risk worth taking if all they have to do is log in and write up a post; at least that's what's happening in their minds. What's happening is reality is there was never any lost bitcoin to begin with, regardless of whether OPs intentions are genuine or not.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org

Now this isn't to taint your trustworthiness, but shouldn't you be focusing on recovery first, and then think about distributing rewards later? Besides it makes no sense to give bounties to unhelpful people just because they replied first.

Anyway, for actual recovery help:

- Tell us the size of your hard disk and C drive. Windows 7 installation writes about 20GB of files so your chances of recovery are (disk size in GB - 20)/(disk size) * 100% assuming after the installation, you did not install anything else, and in particular you did not download a bunch of movies or install a bunch of AAA games like Call of Duty, or copy large files from the E:/ disk, or do anything else that takes dozens of extra GB of disk space.

- Blue screens by themselves do not delete files from th hard disk, ditto for Windows updates stuck in a loop (they only touch Windows update files).

- While you are recovering stuff, do not use that computer anymore or you risk overwriting the wallet file each time the operating system writes to disk. Instead, use a Linux live DVD, and try to use the --recover option of pywallet to look for wallet.dat files inside the hard disk (which in Linux will be named something like /dev/sda or /dev/sdb).

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
Be very careful with people who said they can help you, but ask for wallet file or raw copy of your drive, especially people without good reputation or any history of recovering someone's else Bitcoin.

I used also the Pywallet script and still no success...

By no success, do you mean all,
1. All possible wallet found by pywallet are corrupted and you can't extract any private?
2. All possible unencrypted keys found by pywallet leads to address with no balance?

Microsoft ruined my life that day!

It could be microsoft, installed driver, installed software or your hardware.

Also, you can dump wallet.dat private keys with this software

https://www.thegrideon.com/bitcoin-password-recovery.html

If i have thousands Bitcoin, i won't touch closed source software.
legendary

Just tell me please if you were in the same situation, caan you trust someone with your hard drive ?

I have done lot of research (ur shit reality), All of them are saying keep the hard drive for check and come back later !!  lol like dealing with an idiot.

OP, just tell us how you really came upon the hard drive and/or wallet.dat file. Did you buy it from a darknet market? If you were the real owner of this wallet, you'd be more technically proficient when it came to rather basic knowledge about bitcoin. That's not a slight on you so much as pointing out the reality that gkelly was a miner, and I don't think he would just randomly ask people for their help.
Activity: 846
Merit: 22
$$P2P BTC BRUTE.JOIN NOW ! https://uclck.me/SQPJk
@Sindibad !!! You need go to Dave, he is on this phorum, in times magasine etc, legit expert - he is recovery many wallets !!!

I exact know, what he is can help you !!!

Detail about David service https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8pmlog/dave_from_wallet_recovery_services_does_it_again/

https://walletrecoveryservices.com

I was maked a screen for you for test, can your wallet dums privkeys or problem more serious

(DO NOT FORGET DISABLE INTERNET CONNECTION ON YOUR COMPUTER THEN YOU WILL DUMP PRIVKEYS !!!)

Yes, I'm intermediate, but, I WAS GIVE HELP YOU

Many other services 80% - are scam projects,they will torment you in every possible way and then they will get the most out of you for their " help".

Please, send me 100 BTC after you recover access to your wallet. my wallet for helping in commets

My wallet address bc1qg3th0ps7vyglrap74xkapq50aqyv4uccuvcdx9

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

No one else can't help you like Dave !!!

---------------------
I think you need try run this method https://github.com/cryptofun/honey/issues/17

Problem like yours !!!

How to run this method https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/4203/how-can-i-export-the-private-key-for-an-address-from-the-satoshi-client

Look inside your walet.dat file with hex editor, and say find you privkey or not. If yes, I will give your a link for python scrypt what work offline and you will can making WIF import format of hex privkey for importing WIF to electrum walleet.

I can also help you manualy dump privkeys with hex editor for wallet.dat file and after import privkey to new wallet.... Edited - You cad do it yourself with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiIrj4LawE

and this additional 2 messages:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39301607

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39306816

BUT DO NOT PASTE YOUR HEX PRIVKEY ON ANY WWW SITE'S.

MY INFORMATION WAS HELP YOU Huh??

Thank you so much for your comment,

I have tried 90% of what you mention, I will contact this guy to see if it is possible to meet him in person.

Thank you again and for sure I will send the reward.

Hello.

Thank you for your answer.

Dave usually takes 20%, but you have the right to bargain with him(and I'm sure it's better to do it), since your problem is not so difficult for him, and the amount in your wallet is very large. But first of all, look at the hex editor, will you find the private keys, because if you put it on, maybe you don't need to go to anyone, write here, I'll send you links to scripts that convert your hex key to a format for importing to electrum. Find a priv key with hex editor is hardest and main task Sindibad, then your successful find a privkey all continue steps is VERY EASY. p.s. wallet.dat contains BarklyDB indexes, DB work data,transaction data etc etc etc etc..... privkey is a 1/10000 from size of wallet.dat file, probability damage so small data is very very small !!!

Yes, contact with Dave is relay good movement, because hi is relay legit and professional.

Good luck !!! Wink

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
OPs problem seems to be that the files from the recovery program are "corrupted". This happens a lot due to fragmentation as explained in this post at superuser.com
That can be a useful post. One that you may already have gone through and tried. If not, the alternative recover tool like PhotoRec seems to help with file recovery better than other softwares.

Also, if any of these methods work, make sure you are doing them "offline" and on a clean PC. You cannot ignore the possibility that some of these recovery programs themselves aren't trojans willing to share private keys the moment they are exposed.

Many people lost BTC from earlier years this way. The pain is obvious. Don't stress about it anymore though. Abdominal issues are stress related a lot of times. You can still do and earn a lot as long as you are healthy and stress-free. Even if you had all those millions, it wouldn't be worth spoiled health. Just one life and body man, take care of it. Wish you speedy recovery and good luck with this.

One of the Best Wallet Recovery Instructions, I ever seen was written for an altcoin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39619214
They list the steps to dump the private key, if you can do that you can import the private key into a new wallet.

Just replace the altcoin name with bitcoin when you follow the steps.
Good Luck.
146 posts..0 merits!! What is your story newbie?? BTW, That link had lot of information so i gave you some merit. Just hope you are all not part of a circle of bots or spammers..LOL..Also, Don't shill BCash man..

Thank you so much
@Sindibad !!! You need go to Dave, he is on this phorum, in times magasine etc, legit expert - he is recovery many wallets !!!

I exact know, what he is can help you !!!

Detail about David service https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8pmlog/dave_from_wallet_recovery_services_does_it_again/

https://walletrecoveryservices.com

I was maked a screen for you for test, can your wallet dums privkeys or problem more serious

https://i.ibb.co/WKQJZb1/sasasassa.jpg

(DO NOT FORGET DISABLE INTERNET CONNECTION ON YOUR COMPUTER THEN YOU WILL DUMP PRIVKEYS !!!)

Yes, I'm intermediate, but, I WAS GIVE HELP YOU

Many other services 80% - are scam projects,they will torment you in every possible way and then they will get the most out of you for their " help".

Please, send me 100 BTC after you recover access to your wallet. my wallet for helping in commets

My wallet address bc1qg3th0ps7vyglrap74xkapq50aqyv4uccuvcdx9

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

No one else can't help you like Dave !!!

---------------------
I think you need try run this method https://github.com/cryptofun/honey/issues/17

Problem like yours !!! https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/23145642/30769361-837a9f18-9fcb-11e7-9827-40688cb7dc39.png

How to run this method https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/4203/how-can-i-export-the-private-key-for-an-address-from-the-satoshi-client

Look inside your walet.dat file with hex editor, and say find you privkey or not. If yes, I will give your a link for python scrypt what work offline and you will can making WIF import format of hex privkey for importing WIF to electrum walleet.

I can also help you manualy dump privkeys with hex editor for wallet.dat file and after import privkey to new wallet.... Edited - You cad do it yourself with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiIrj4LawE

and this additional 2 messages:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39301607

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39306816

BUT DO NOT PASTE YOUR HEX PRIVKEY ON ANY WWW SITE'S.

MY INFORMATION WAS HELP YOU Huh??

Thank you so much for your comment,

I have tried 90% of what you mention, I will contact this guy to see if it is possible to meet him in person.

Thank you again and for sure I will send the reward.

You say you did create a password for the wallet? I take it, it is a Bitcoin core wallet and you have a (corrupted) wallet.dat file?

Do you remember any information about your password? Anything? How many characters you think it might have been, any special characters you may have used back then, numbers, etc.?

I can attack the password if you know something about it...

Yes, I use one password and still remember it , but the issue from the corrupted file, damaged file .

Thanks for your comment.
Pages:
Jump to: