Author

Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4] - page 242. (Read 379550 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

I skipped through the pages since I crashed last night. " I needed some rest "
here is a few things you should know:

If your IP address is not static it will still work with your dynamic address until it changes,
if it does change then you can change it in the conf file and it will work again.

Use coin control to make sure your 112 coins in your node address are not used while
sending coins before the node is up. if your node is up the 112 coins will not be available
to send and break the node. When receiving coins use a different address in the wallet.

The payments coming in now are a percent of the 8% yearly PoS and sometimes
will be very small until block 11500 at which point they will be fixed.

The wallet needs time to connect with all the Masternodes so seeing different lists
in different wallets is normal, eventually if left running all wallets will connect.

Incorrectly configured node will appear in the list but will be kicked out when
it fails verification. Your node will take 5 to 10 minutes to appear in node list.

Your external IP address for conf file can be found by typing this in google search
" What is my IP "

A few community members are helping, I would like to thank everyone who
does.  Please ask your questions in the thread, I still have the 360 seconds limitation
and can not answer PM's quickly.

There is no such thing as a "stupid" question, try to get your answer in the thread,
so everyone can see that answer.

I need to clear my head and move on to stage 4, but will be around to help and
make sure the fork is smooth at block 11500.

* You can send to and receive coins from exchanges, however, after block 11500
you need to make sure the exchange updated the wallet

legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
@shopemnl  will 8bit accept on your website?

Im trying haha
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
@shopemnl  will 8bit accept on your website?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
no linux wallet? and andriod wallet?
legendary
Code:
successfully started masternode

Finally Smiley

But what does this mean

Code:
SetBestChain: new best=xxxxx  height=9550  trust=74147553816829598  blocktrust=5188311013201  date=04/25/15 10:24:16
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
connect() to 195.154.146.221:18888 failed after select(): Connection refused
CActiveMasternode::Dseep() - SendDarkSendElectionEntryPing vin = CTxIn(COutPoint(b24f085914, 1), scriptSig=)
connect() to 70.35.208.98:18888 failed after select(): Connection refused
CDarkSendPool::UpdateState() == 3 | 3
connect() to 199.193.80.86:18888 failed after select(): Connection refused
connect() to 109.242.62.60:18888 failed after select(): Connection refused
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
I am sure Dev will clarify this for us when he gets online.

Activity: 373
no, too much coins is also bad! but when you have more, you can simply send yourself 112, then wait 15 confirmations, and then it will work!

the idea is to have a unspent transaction of 112 coins.. so everybody can see in the blockchain if you still have the 112 coins without the need of calculating your balance ( over the whole blockchain ).. when you do anything with the coins, the masternode will no longer be accepted by the network..

What happens if we get payments for our other addresses in the wallet?
incoming transactions will never be a problem.. but imagine the following:
you receive 112.
you receive 40.
you receive 40.
then you send 50.
the client now has to decide which of the three transactions he will touch.. i don't know if there is a built-in protection of the masternode-transaction.. then the client would take the 40 coins and additional 10 coins to send 50 coins. but if there is no protection , he will send 50 out of 112, so you would loose your masternode.. and the client normally does not differenciate between different incoming addresses..
Infected Mushroom
no, too much coins is also bad! but when you have more, you can simply send yourself 112, then wait 15 confirmations, and then it will work!

the idea is to have a unspent transaction of 112 coins.. so everybody can see in the blockchain if you still have the 112 coins without the need of calculating your balance ( over the whole blockchain ).. when you do anything with the coins, the masternode will no longer be accepted by the network..

What happens if we get payments for our other addresses in the wallet?
legendary

Indeed one transaction with exact amount of 112 coins..

Code:
 masternode input must have at least 15 confirmations

That looks promesing!

Activity: 425
I see, i made 2 transactions, balance is 112.

i think you need 1 incoming transaction with 112 or more coins
legendary
I see, i made 2 transactions, balance is 112.
so we have 17 masternodes by now Smiley

here is my experience after 5 hours being a masternode:
my balance increased by 0.00906824
additionally i see  "stake" : 0.02215209

but the transaction list is quite confusing..  amount = 0 ? i think this are the bloks which will bring 0.88 Coins after block 11500... but where does the money until now come from?
setting up masternode
found PoS block, despite the fact there are stacking=0 in 8bit.conf
this is normal?
i think this are other blocks.. as coins are not frozen in the "stake" amount.. i think this is your masternode fee, when someone else is staking!

GRRR

Code:
Successfully synced, asking for Masternode list and payment list
CActiveMasternode::ManageStatus() - Checking inbound connection to '176.31.171.164:9999'
CActiveMasternode::GetMasterNodeVin - Could not locate specified vin from possible list
CActiveMasternode::ManageStatus() - Could not find suitable coins!
CActiveMasternode::Dseep() - Error: masternode is not in a running status
CActiveMasternode::ManageStatus() - Error on Ping: masternode is not in a running status

Port 9999 is open.

I think this is the problem

Code:
connect() to [2001:41d0:2:e50f::1]:18888 failed after select(): Connection refused

No your Problem is "Could not locate specified vin from possible list" - you need one transation with exactly 112.000000 Coins ( when you got the coins from an exchage, they eventually deducted a fee ? )
and by the way - dont mix up port 9999 and port 18888 - you have to be consitent in your config.. port = masternodeport !

and my last point:
there is a masternode with address "192.168.1.128" - this will not work as this i a local address! you have to define public address!
Infected Mushroom
Hey guys, just a quick update regarding www.8bitcoin.org

• I have added new wallet links
  • New masternode system advertised
  • Fixed some coding
  • Fixed meta data (still can add some keywords tho)
  • The forums and the real site is still being worked on

I set-up a donation address for 8bitcoin.org - for hosting, domain etc. expanses. All the funds will be used on 8bitcoin.org transparently (marketing, advertising, twitch promotions and so much more): 8NPRQU85jQYfxXvHkoYagy23UwXh84A9fE
If you want to contribute and reward me for the time I input on this project feel free to help me donating through: 8UkEvmNqvicRavHqRmcUzG6MofNk4DDJ3z

Keep in mind, it's the real community that makes up great coins!

If you want to contribute or just have any ideas / feedbacks, feel free to pm me or crypto_graphics.

legendary
GRRR

Code:
Successfully synced, asking for Masternode list and payment list
CActiveMasternode::ManageStatus() - Checking inbound connection to '176.31.171.164:9999'
CActiveMasternode::GetMasterNodeVin - Could not locate specified vin from possible list
CActiveMasternode::ManageStatus() - Could not find suitable coins!
CActiveMasternode::Dseep() - Error: masternode is not in a running status
CActiveMasternode::ManageStatus() - Error on Ping: masternode is not in a running status

Port 9999 is open.

I think this is the problem

Code:
connect() to [2001:41d0:2:e50f::1]:18888 failed after select(): Connection refused
Infected Mushroom
setting up masternode
this is normal?

My stacking=0 too but both my masternodes been staking so far. But also I have not been delisted from masternoding so I don't think it would be a problem.
Activity: 425
setting up masternode
this is normal?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Yeah got it thanks haha, next one is libmem but fixed it first time =]

Code:
/8bitd masternode start not capable masternode: Unknown. Check debug.log for more information.

Debug.log = empty

try running with -debug option then check the log file
legendary
Yeah got it thanks haha, next one is libmem but fixed it first time =]

Code:
/8bitd masternode start not capable masternode: Unknown. Check debug.log for more information.

Debug.log = empty
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
And another error

Code:
fatal error: opening dependency file obj/crypto/hmac_sha256.d:

Code:
mkdir obj/crypto 
Jump to: