Pages:
Author

Topic: A Bitcoin Primer - page 2. (Read 3216 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
December 28, 2011, 11:59:51 PM
This looks really nicely put together, Im reading thru it now.

8 Pages of reading to do. 20 minutes left on that Matthew video to view. Posting to do. Website to complete. Projects in development. I remember when I had a life prior to Bitcoin, albeit this is much more productive. When asked by friends what I've been up to lately, I tell them that I'm in the process of helping to change the monetary system of the world. The other day I was asked how, whereupon I pulled out a US dollar from my wallet and tore it up in front of her. She was shocked. I then went on to ask her how much are these pieces of paper worth now. She answered 'nothing'. I then told her that prior to tearing in up, it was worth almost double that. Then I told her that I've busy with a thing called Bitcoin but didn't want to go on a diatribe of what it's all about for she was about to eat lunch. So I left the pieces of scrap paper on her table and wrote Bitcoin on the back of my card and handed it to her and told here to Google it. I would have preferred to hand her one of those trifold brochures I read on this board the other day. Those looked neat!

I look forward to reading this 8 page White Paper later this evening, but need to first do some other catching up here.

~Bruno~

Its 11pm here, as soon as 1am rolls around and I close up the office, Im lighting up and watching the Christmas special.

When your in NY, hit me up..weeds on the house.

-Charlie
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
December 28, 2011, 11:51:02 PM
Good paper. I will print and hand this paper to my friend who want to learn more about bitcoin.

+1 nice read
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
December 28, 2011, 11:26:13 PM
Good paper. I will print and hand this paper to my friend who want to learn more about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
December 28, 2011, 10:49:32 PM

8 Pages of reading to do. 20 minutes left on that Matthew video to view. Posting to do. Website to complete. Projects in development. I remember when I had a life prior to Bitcoin, albeit this is much more productive. When asked by friends what I've been up to lately, I tell them that I'm in the process of helping to change the monetary system of the world. The other day I was asked how, whereupon I pulled out a US dollar from my wallet and tore it up in front of her. She was shocked. I then went on to ask her how much are these pieces of paper worth now. She answered 'nothing'. I then told her that prior to tearing in up, it was worth almost double that. Then I told her that I've busy with a thing called Bitcoin but didn't want to go on a diatribe of what it's all about for she was about to eat lunch. So I left the pieces of scrap paper on her table and wrote Bitcoin on the back of my card and handed it to her and told here to Google it. I would have preferred to hand her one of those trifold brochures I read on this board the other day. Those looked neat!

I look forward to reading this 8 page White Paper later this evening, but need to first do some other catching up here.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
December 28, 2011, 09:38:03 PM
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
December 28, 2011, 08:54:10 PM
We are frequently asked for details about Bitcoins and how they work.  So we have prepared this "white paper" that goes into a bit more depth than the typical introductory material available online.  While not designed to be a technical explanation, we hope that this will be of some use for people trying to decide if they should get more involved in the Bitcoin economy, focusing on the benefits and risk of using Bitcoins.

A Bitcoin Primer (PDF)

Here's an outline of the sections (it's about 8 pages long).

What is Bitcoin?
How does Bitcoin work?
What are the benefits of Bitcoin?
  Financial Self-Determinism and Control
  Irrevocable Transactions
  No Need for Middlemen
  Low Cost Transactions
  A World-wide System
  An Inflation Hedge for Long-term Savings
What are the Inherent Risks of Bitcoins?
  Irrevocable Transactions
  Underlying Value and Volatility in Prices
  Anti-Inflationary
  Computational Attack
  Regulatory Uncertainty
  Risk of Loss
  Is Bitcoin “The One”?
Applications Well-suited to Bitcoin
References and Links

Corrections or suggestions for improving this document as a general resource would be appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: