Pages:
Author

Topic: A bitcoin PTC(Paid to Click) Service - page 2. (Read 20322 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
January 08, 2011, 12:04:23 PM
I was looking at starting a PTC using BC, but i can't integrate BC into the PTC script for the life of me.

Aren't there merchant tools on mybitcoin.com?
Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
January 07, 2011, 08:44:39 PM
I was looking at starting a PTC using BC, but i can't integrate BC into the PTC script for the life of me.
January 07, 2011, 01:35:29 PM
I just looked into AdSense, I apologise for not having researched the field a bit more.

It appears that there is no comparison to AdSense at all... Sad

However the comparison of a PTC site being attractive to the "darker" components of BitCoin is unfounded, I believe. Are you lot referring to adverts which are essentially trying to con people? Ie. the adverts that say: "We can make you $100 into $50 billion in three weeks!"

I think the bottom line, for me, is that BTC seems to be just a novelty until I get paid with them, and I can buy local goods and services with them.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1128
January 07, 2011, 11:41:44 AM
Trying to "help" BitCoin by doing shady stuff is a waste of time and will just backfire.

If you can do enough programming to throw such a thing together, you'd do better to try and claim one of the outstanding bounties or sell your services in another way.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
January 07, 2011, 11:21:26 AM
Indeed, too hard to beat Google.

Such service would probably be of great use by black or "gray" markets that have a hard time advertising on (or receiving ads from) conventional sites.

This could also allow a stronger anonymous financial support for hidden services... again, black markets...

Quite dangerous your venture, I'd say...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1128
January 07, 2011, 11:06:40 AM
Whose ads do you plan to click on? I really doubt you can beat the AdSense team at this.
January 07, 2011, 06:21:20 AM
Starting a bitcoin PTC service will definite make bitcoin more popular and spread it to more people .

Perhaps, but it would also be detrimental to the reputation of Bitcoin.   Most people in the web industry I know have a low opinion of PTC business models, even the honest ones. 

Instead of spreading it too as many people as possible as fast as possible we should be focusing on spreading it to the right (ie. influential) people.

Surely the "right" people are simply the people who se value in the BitCoin? I don't think an industry determines people's faith in the currency. For example. I look at SterlingBux and it does extortionate deals in Sterling, does this make me not want to earn/spend in pound Sterling?

Similarly, there are a bunch of "adult" services that you can pay for using BitCoin, does this give the currency less credibility?

I believe it is similar to PTC. Despite the opinion of them, the fact that it offers a new way to utilise the economy. Without services, BitCoin simply becomes a technical curiosity that emerges from expending computational power.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
January 07, 2011, 06:14:34 AM
Starting a bitcoin PTC service will definite make bitcoin more popular and spread it to more people .

Perhaps, but it would also be detrimental to the reputation of Bitcoin.   Most people in the web industry I know have a low opinion of PTC business models, even the honest ones. 

Instead of spreading it too as many people as possible as fast as possible we should be focusing on spreading it to the right (ie. influential) people.
January 07, 2011, 04:50:26 AM
It's probably gonna be one or the other, unlikely to be both.

Either payment, or shared profits/liabilities.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Do The Evolution
January 06, 2011, 10:48:32 PM
What do you need a team for? What do we get as reward? A payment, a share of the profits or a mix of both?
January 06, 2011, 10:35:31 PM
I just thought of this idea just now and thought I'd check the forum to see if it was already mentioned.

Thank God for the search function!

It is clear that most BitCoin users are internet users. And the key services missing from the current BitCoin market are enough "employers" or people willing to sell labour as oppose to goods. Goods have their limitations as an "anonymous" currency wouldn't be practical, especially with the issue of trust.

I agree that a PTC site would include immense amounts of trust too, but I've seen so many "Bux" sites crop up out of nowhere, waiting for the first member to get paid out, and then post the proof on their forums.

I believe this would work, but would require a joint venture and initial investment.

Perhaps it could be called BitBux or BitCoinBux (I know, har har, how original(!) )

The business model is pretty good, and if we copy a well-known PTC site, like NeoBux, and simply adjust all of the values by multiplying them by 3 it should be able to work. I believe there should be a price for the advertisers to pay in dollars, but paying in dollars would be slightly more expensive due to you currency exchange, encouraging them to get their own BitCoins.

For example. For 200 clicks on an advertisement, one could charge 20 BitCoins, meaning each click is sold for 0.10 BTC or 10 BitCents. They would be "bought" (meaning a clicker would be paid this amount) for 0.03 BTC or 3 BitCents. Any referrals that click would get 0.015 BTC. Rent Referrals is what keeps this scheme alive with so much potency as people want to, essentially, create their own clicking workforce. However, if a referral clicked, they would give themselves 0.03 BTC and their referrer 0.015 BTC, meaning the total potential cost is 0.45 BTC, making a healthy 0.55 BTC profit for each click!

I am willing to give this a shot, but probably would need to assemble a team. Unless you can see flaws in my way of thinking, of course. I just think it would be a great injection to the BitCoin economy.
legendary
Activity: 860
Merit: 1021
June 23, 2010, 03:23:40 PM
you mean an advertise service ?
with banners?
hmm, sounds interesting but to be honest, most of these services are distrusted because they never pay out or less than you should earn and I dont think an "untrusted" currency will cause more trust in such a service.
legendary
Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000
June 19, 2010, 08:36:40 AM
Pages:
Jump to: