Pages:
Author

Topic: A call for the Bitcoin Foundation to appoint a new board or dissolve - page 2. (Read 2931 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
I agree with one thing, coinlab isn't getting 75M, they'll be lucky if mtgox agrees to settle for 1M if mtgox was in breach of contract, probably even less.

But if a contract was made between coinlab and mtgox, there will be break up fees for sure.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I propose that I become the new Bitcoin dictator leader of the foundation.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

I found this on Reddit:

Lawyer here. I have no affiliation with CoinLab or Mt. Gox and have never purchased bitcoins through either one.
Seems like everyone's badmouthing CoinLab this morning for filing a lawsuit against Mt. Gox.
Maybe I can provide some perspective....

http://bitkoins.com/discussion/9353

+
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Unless you have a credible method for replacements I'm not sure what you accomplish.
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
I think a new board that is focused on diversifying exchanges would be a good thing.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

I found this on Reddit:

Lawyer here. I have no affiliation with CoinLab or Mt. Gox and have never purchased bitcoins through either one.
Seems like everyone's badmouthing CoinLab this morning for filing a lawsuit against Mt. Gox.
Maybe I can provide some perspective....

http://bitkoins.com/discussion/9353
Activity: 476
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Sure, why the heck not.
Activity: 476
In light of the lawsuit brought by Coinlab against Mtgox and as a lifetime member of the Bitcoin Foundation, I'm calling for a removal of the board (with the exception of Gavin Andresen) and a new board to be appointed. The Bitcoin Foundation has lost whatever credibility it had with this lawsuit, a lawsuit brought by the executive director against a fellow board member.

Bitcoin itself is a maturing technology. The same can't be said for all of its advocates.
Pages:
Jump to: