Pages:
Author

Topic: A catch in the blockchain.com XLM airdrop - KYC ! Thoughts ? - page 2. (Read 437 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 14
Nina
snipi
KYC for using web wallets would destroy the biggest purpose of crypto - anonymity
really hope it wont come to that
Any kind of service in the crypto world, that needs or asks for personal user's data is in direct contradiction with the appeal for freedom held by system creators and enthousiasts. I would never recommend to anybody to use or join any platform thet ask for personal documents. Use free wallets, decentralized exchanges, and think about anonymous investment.
Activity: 416
Merit: 27
When I saw title of this thread I thought it's just another attempte of scammers to steal private keys of people with fake giveaways. It's very popular to post such fake giveaways on Twitter with name of popular exchanges and wallets. Now I visited Blockchain.com and realised this is real thing. And I don't like this idea. Most of exchanges and wallets warning their users that they aren't giving money for free. Now when there was real giveaway from Blockchain.com, scammers may try to use this kind of schemes more actively and it will be easier to find victims.
Back to the topic. Blockchain.com at least aren't hidding fact that they will ask for KYC to be eligible for airdrop - it's stated quite clearly on their website. But I'm not going to sell my identity for 25$. It's not because I don't trust them. It's because I'm using their service just as a web wallet and I don't see any reasons why they would to know my identity. But who knows, maybe in future they will require KYC in order to use web wallet...
KYC for using web wallets would destroy the biggest purpose of crypto - anonymity
really hope it wont come to that
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
When I saw title of this thread I thought it's just another attempte of scammers to steal private keys of people with fake giveaways. It's very popular to post such fake giveaways on Twitter with name of popular exchanges and wallets. Now I visited Blockchain.com and realised this is real thing. And I don't like this idea. Most of exchanges and wallets warning their users that they aren't giving money for free. Now when there was real giveaway from Blockchain.com, scammers may try to use this kind of schemes more actively and it will be easier to find victims.
Back to the topic. Blockchain.com at least aren't hidding fact that they will ask for KYC to be eligible for airdrop - it's stated quite clearly on their website. But I'm not going to sell my identity for 25$. It's not because I don't trust them. It's because I'm using their service just as a web wallet and I don't see any reasons why they would to know my identity. But who knows, maybe in future they will require KYC in order to use web wallet...
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Do you think its basically a “Give us your personal info for $25” situation or are they really just doing it for the airdrop not being absolutely exploited by greedy scammers ?
Well, they claim it's the latter but surely there's a hidden agenda "somewhere"...

yea its stated somewhere on the lower section of the site, after you subscribe
Even before subscribing (joining the waitlist), you can see/spot it on the lower section of that page.

my guess is that they will use the inbuild kyc system they have for their exchange.
That's one way of using it but I have a bad feeling about it (e.g. They didn't mention how they're planning to keep those information [it's an online wallet so it's quite risky, like other similar services on this field], AFAIK).
I subscribed my other email to this giveaway but never know that it will require any KYC procedure (I never read the whole statements below btw). If so, then who cares for their 25 bucks anyway.

To those who have many documents gathered from ICO participants especially those who have malicious intention then it will be abused.
yea its stated somewhere on the lower section of the site, after you subscribe and when they will email you that its your turn to get the xlm you will need to confirm your identity, my guess is that they will use the inbuild kyc system they have for their exchange.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
I subscribed my other email to this giveaway but never know that it will require any KYC procedure (I never read the whole statements below btw). If so, then who cares for their 25 bucks anyway.

To those who have many documents gathered from ICO participants especially those who have malicious intention then it will be abused.
So blockchain.com is doing a $125mil XLM giveaway to their users, but they require a KYC to be done to qualify for it. I have seen a lot of people absolutely hate on them for that, what are your thoughts ? Do you think its basically a “Give us your personal info for $25” situation or are they really just doing it for the airdrop not being absolutely exploited by greedy scammers ?
Pages:
Jump to: