Pages:
Author

Topic: A challenge from bitcoin in 2018 - page 2. (Read 2929 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
September 29, 2018, 03:48:40 AM
Quick share: I was at a client site (IT) who does financial services talking to an advisor . The Kavenough thing brings up politics which shifts to monetary policies. We have an interesting conversation about the Fed, banks and the gold standard. He agrees that it is an apparatus to keep the rich rich and the rest of us poor, hidden actors, Nixon, fractional-reserves, etc.

Mention Bitcoin, his response "Fuck bitcoin. Is it down?"

"Well yes since last year about 60% but overall ---"

Get cut off, "Good!" and he goes back in his office.

Confused I went and did some more work but had to go back to find out.

"Do you like or dislike Bitcoin?"

"I hate it. People treat it like a get rich quick scheme. I have a client that put in $10k in December against my advice. I'm a conservative investor."

Ah ha, ok can't argue with that. What's interesting to me is that this guy is fully aware that the dollar is a non-backed currency controlled by a private company and enforced by the US military but is still selling it as his job. Seeing what we are up against in person was sobering.

As long as Bitcoin is not supported by institutional investors and major banks, there will always be skepticism. Many BTC investors can afford to lose money being young millennials like myself who can recreate our wealth. But, those older generations need a stable source of income and cannot investment in something risky and precarious that hasn’t even been around for 10 years.

Activity: 24
September 29, 2018, 03:44:39 AM
Quick share: I was at a client site (IT) who does financial services talking to an advisor . The Kavenough thing brings up politics which shifts to monetary policies. We have an interesting conversation about the Fed, banks and the gold standard. He agrees that it is an apparatus to keep the rich rich and the rest of us poor, hidden actors, Nixon, fractional-reserves, etc.

Mention Bitcoin, his response "Fuck bitcoin. Is it down?"

"Well yes since last year about 60% but overall ---"

Get cut off, "Good!" and he goes back in his office.

Confused I went and did some more work but had to go back to find out.

"Do you like or dislike Bitcoin?"

"I hate it. People treat it like a get rich quick scheme. I have a client that put in $10k in December against my advice. I'm a conservative investor."

Ah ha, ok can't argue with that. What's interesting to me is that this guy is fully aware that the dollar is a non-backed currency controlled by a private company and enforced by the US military but is still selling it as his job. Seeing what we are up against in person was sobering.
Activity: 688
Merit: 106
September 29, 2018, 02:48:42 AM
This year the price of bitcoin has dropped for a long time, and don't know how long bitcoin will be like this. I think this is a year of challenge from bitcoin, those who are strong will stay here and the weak will leave, this will be an option to determine the future.
We all know that the real challenge now is the down trend of the market which totally will lead to a low income and big losses but we should bear it and we should be strong because we will overcome this challenge and the thing that we need to do is to believe in bitcoin. Do not ever scared and do panic selling because it is not a good idea.
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
September 28, 2018, 02:54:30 PM
I think people just used to live with the bull market very fast and easily. Just remind how many years bitcoin needed to cross the boarder of 1k$ and you will see the long way. 2017 was definitely the most successful year for all crypto market, but who knows will it ever be repeated.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
September 28, 2018, 02:50:19 PM
I think that i like trading experience because it is challenging and i consider it the best one in my life when i decided to buy ether and invest in btc which are known as the popular coins of 2018

I guess you had to buy more different cryptocurrencies. It is much better to have at least 15 altcoins in your portfolio. If some of them fall, the others will grow.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Looking to the future and control myself
September 28, 2018, 11:48:49 AM
now i see the price of bitcoin is stable, the price of bitcoin go down and up from 6000 to 6800$.
in this period, everyone all hope the ETF will be approved, the value of bitcoin will be pump and the future of bitcoin will be so stable.
Activity: 321
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 27, 2018, 07:04:53 PM
I think that i like trading experience because it is challenging and i consider it the best one in my life when i decided to buy ether and invest in btc which are known as the popular coins of 2018
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
This Is Promissing Project
September 27, 2018, 06:49:17 PM
That's right, some have even left bitcoin since yesterday, they also issued bad assumptions about bitcoin, so those who read are also worried, even though in my opinion, this is natural if bitcoin goes down in price, it's because the nature of bitcoin is fluctuating or not settled ...! !
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
September 27, 2018, 05:56:06 PM
Challenges is everywhere in order to be better and to strive hard. What happened in bitcoin is just a challenge, this is where we test each others beliefs and trust. I am sure they can surpass this challenges because it was happened a while ago.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
September 27, 2018, 04:58:11 PM
This year the price of bitcoin has dropped for a long time, and don't know how long bitcoin will be like this. I think this is a year of challenge from bitcoin, those who are strong will stay here and the weak will leave, this will be an option to determine the future.

This type of reasoning clearly indicates what is the true interest of some individuals when approaching this ecosystem. For those of us who are particularly interested in the technological and revolutionary aspect of bitcoin, I think we are going through a good stage in terms of its greater acceptance and the growing information that ordinary people have about these issues.

But for those who are here motivated solely and exclusively by speculative interests, these are undoubtedly bad times full of great challenges and uncertainty, which is not all bad, because we need less of these people in the ecosystem, and more of those previously mentioned.
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
September 17, 2018, 09:34:20 AM
Yes, it is. Too much of investment are loss. Companies are looking for another coins and tokens to invest to and to many traders used to panic sell because of the drop. As this red days going on too many of the traders used t hold their coin by chance that their coin and token will increase someday while the other panic sale their coin because they were afraid to loss so much of money. Truly not everyday is pay day.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
September 14, 2018, 12:22:12 PM
I also totally agrees with this condition, though I am not very old and experienced in the bitcoin market but the statistics that I know so far makes me one thing so clear that the valuation of bitcoin was never deflated for such a long time, I think it’s been about 8 months and still there are no signs that when will the valuation will inflate so definitely it is the challenge from the bitcoin that who are strong and have patience will only survive in this bitcoin market and the rest who doesn’t hold their coin can simply leave, the bitcoin market is not for them and I am waiting for the market rise again.
Activity: 316
September 13, 2018, 04:50:33 AM
I think all people new on Crypto will be the one who have big factor for Losses and I think all people right now expecting BTC have a BIG potential BIG PUMP After a Months and hopefully BTC and the other Altcoins will be pumped and have mercy for the losses that we losses.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 116
September 13, 2018, 04:40:55 AM
Correct,actually I'm one of the few people who believes that this year is not for bitcoin ,no bullrun till next year
Activity: 228
September 13, 2018, 04:39:18 AM
People is wise for now it is stragegy to.buy bitcoin now and hold it and wait for the rise up . People is about investing in bitcoin why ? Because they know the power of bitcoin the power of patience the still believing how matter bitcoin is down now just watch and fell the power of bitcoin soon more holdings more profit.  It is a challege for now to the crypto user and other who believe in bitcoin on this year.
Activity: 41
September 13, 2018, 04:33:42 AM
I wake up this morning to headlines of "Crypto crash greater than dot-com crash!" Then look at BTC and it is barely changed. The press is employing scare tactics against BTC by using "crypto" as an analog, which it ain't. I do not believe this is not intentional.

These articles want clicks because visits = $, simple as that. The more dramatic the headline, the more likely they get a click which increases revenue from CPM ads and potential additional clicks on PPC ads. That's not to say the articles are always inaccurate, but how they spin the information is usually with the purpose of pushing their own agenda.

Activity: 31
September 13, 2018, 04:30:02 AM
I wake up this morning to headlines of "Crypto crash greater than dot-com crash!" Then look at BTC and it is barely changed. The press is employing scare tactics against BTC by using "crypto" as an analog, which it ain't. I do not believe this is not intentional.

i think the headlines refer to bitcoin for all of 2018. if you ONLY look at 2018, sure... bitcoin has lost 70+% of its value.

but... zoom out and from 2011-2017, and you'll see its doing great.

I guess those writing headlines only want to look at the performance this year.

Activity: 30
September 13, 2018, 04:24:50 AM
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
burst.money
September 10, 2018, 08:32:43 PM
Bitcoin in 2018 is very cheap and dull season because continously bitcoin and Ethereum price is reducing, I think at the end of year 2018 bitcoin will be finished..... But experts don't give any ideas about bitcoin future in 2018...
Activity: 182
September 13, 2018, 04:23:52 AM
It is a major test each drop in value how we are going o handle and continue trusting that we could increase great benefit. It progress toward becoming test to us how we go for broke for additional, bitcoin is half down now than from the year's end and we don't know when we can get on that best once more. We need to contribute not for greater instability in cost but rather on how we can change and make stable cost in the market that turn into a begin to expanded the cost once more.
Pages:
Jump to: