Pages:
Author

Topic: A Coin Made Especially for Miners. - page 4. (Read 3610 times)

Zas
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 10, 2013, 06:34:08 PM
 Cheesy

Patience, you must have young one.

In all seriousness they could either be busy or just not around for today, probably busy. If they are not back by tomorrow, you might need to seek out other means.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 06:29:47 PM
But seriously, where is Hazard and the other C4n10 guy?  No reply in 24 hours.  Bad service I tell you.

I really want to run these ideas by a programmer to see what's actually doable and how much extra it will cost me.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 06:24:10 PM
Gonna go mine me some NUGs

Ahahhaa.  Man, that has a kind of likeable sound to it.  A people's kind of sound.  Like meat and potatoes as opposed to the caviar and lobster out there right now.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 10, 2013, 06:21:07 PM
Gonna go mine me some NUGs

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 06:07:55 PM
I like Nuggets! =D They remind me of chicken...mmmm chicken.

Man, I like nuggets.  Kinda gets your attention even though it doesn't mean much.  Lots of McDonalds lovers in this world.  Ha!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 06:05:22 PM

As odd as it seems, from following your posts for the last week or so, you have my interest to at the very least watch to see what your going to attempt to try with your coins.  The 1% is alot better as well.  But I will say if your going to try to implement something totally new, like a script that gives more to the smaller miners, that will end up costing you a bit of money, as that will take more programming know-how.  Who knows I will probably even join onboard if it's a scrypt based coin.  If it's SHA-256d, count me out.

Ok, but this coin is meant to help level the playing field.  And I tried mining LTC with a $1,700 dual 7850 GPU and I was barely covering electricity.

So clearly, any new guy without tons of money or the small miner who can't get that brake is nose screwed.

So ignoring fear, money or greed, is the best way SHA256d?

I mean why wouldn't you wanna merge mine?

Why wouldn't you want a future proof coin which is ASICS.

Next year ASIC 2.0 will come out and the little guy will own an ASIC.

To me SHA256 is the best way to go.  And relatively speaking, this coin would benefit the smaller miner so that's gonna help a lot.  And it's not like scrypt is an easy way to mine.  It's all a joke now unless you have minimum $5,000 just for starters, and let's face it, most don't.
Zas
July 10, 2013, 05:55:18 PM
I like Nuggets! =D They remind me of chicken...mmmm chicken.
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
July 10, 2013, 05:47:11 PM
Lol, you're right, I think it comes from the 2 major currencies being called Coins, so it just feels proper to call the currency a coin.  Lol, my main Alt after LTC is Bottlecaps, which has no mention of coin involved, and it feels natural, so I agree maybe dropping the coin name will help make it feel more original then following the norm and adding Coin to the end.

Maybe the name could simply be "Dynamite" or maybe "Nuggets"
Zas
July 10, 2013, 05:41:20 PM
I'm not entirely sure why everyone is fixated on having 'coin' on the end but never mind.

The best names are short, sweet and to the point. Nike, Dollar, Google. These still look pretty much modern and up to date, Microsoft, Deutschemark, Adidas by comparison sound old and decrepit. Simple and vague unites while precise and long divides. (I'm not good at being simple).

I mean, I'm still going with BlackDiamond even though I appreciate it's long and has all the same problems, I just happen to think it sounds cooler and conjures up better images of something undiscovered yet really valuable to people.

We need a vote on Scrypt or SHA....
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
July 10, 2013, 05:34:39 PM
If your wanting a coin to be for small miners, the best bet is to go Scrypt.  ASIC miners own the BTC mining.  You're not going to be catering to small miner with SHA256d.  The small miners have all but moved over to Scrypt.

Yeah I don't really think Santa Coin has the right ring.  But since it's a coin for the miners, I suggest the name of something valuable like Titanium Coin, Platinum Coin, Lithium Coin, Plutonium Coin, ect.  Black Diamond sounds pretty cool as well.

As odd as it seems, from following your posts for the last week or so, you have my interest to at the very least watch to see what your going to attempt to try with your coins.  The 1% is alot better as well.  But I will say if your going to try to implement something totally new, like a script that gives more to the smaller miners, that will end up costing you a bit of money, as that will take more programming know-how.  Who knows I will probably even join onboard if it's a scrypt based coin.  If it's SHA-256d, count me out.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 05:32:09 PM
Long and complicated!

Ok.

Let's brainstorm this mofo. The name should ideally come from here not me.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 05:31:00 PM
The 2 guys building coins for people, are they both on vacation?  I PM'd them both yesterday and nothing.

What, they don't want my money?  I won't to run this by a programmer but don't know who to trust.
Zas
July 10, 2013, 05:30:45 PM
Long and complicated!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 05:26:45 PM
... you're officially weird.

But I like weird so where do I sign up? For me this will be a coin to watch Tongue

Amin brother.

And I'm not weird, this idea is weird cause I officially don't give a damn about the status quo, and that's a rare stance to see which is why this sounds weird.  I always functioned in the "I don't give a damn about popular opinion" world and in general I suffered for it.

But in this case the popular thing is the good, right thing.  

This is a rare and wonderful thing.  

How about MineLifeCoin?  This coin is for the masses, the miners(MINE) with the scope of improving the mining capacity and thus the life (hence: MineLifeCoin) of those that need it most.
Zas
July 10, 2013, 05:18:14 PM
... you're officially weird.

But I like weird so where do I sign up? For me this will be a coin to watch Tongue
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 05:16:06 PM
FrackingCoin >.> <.<; (Maybe I need to lay off the ideas on how to kill the coin before it starts XD)

Isn't the democratic process putting ideas up for a populous vote before implementation?  Why is inviting coin killers any different.

I think these attackers serve an important service.  They're the white blood cells in this crypto body - killing off all unwanted foreign entrants.  More power to the hackers - kill all CrapCoins.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 05:13:32 PM
I'd be interested in hearing more about this... going to call it the MarxistCoin?

I guarantee even the biggest miners will not think this is a commie coin.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
July 10, 2013, 05:07:33 PM
I'm chuckling every time I see him say "SHAW256" instead of "sha256d".

Thanks for the correction.  I know nothing about programming and I'm new to alt coins.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
July 10, 2013, 04:49:02 PM
I'm chuckling every time I see him say "SHAW256" instead of "sha256d".

SHAWty got low?
Zas
July 10, 2013, 04:18:42 PM
FrackingCoin >.> <.<; (Maybe I need to lay off the ideas on how to kill the coin before it starts XD)
Pages:
Jump to: