Pages:
Author

Topic: A cryptocurrency with volatility can't be used as money - page 6. (Read 34026 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Decentralized cryptocurrency always has high price volatility and this is a very big problem for its use as a means of payment. It is a big problem for a business where, as a rule, it takes a very long time from the moment a transaction is made to its practical implementation. At the same time, when making instant transactions, especially between citizens, the high volatility of the cryptocurrency is not a problem.
At the same time, the high price volatility of cryptocurrency is at the same time a positive quality in trading.
Activity: 103
Merit: 124
will be interesting to see how this thread ages as more volume comes in
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
Its right the value can be decrease but let me ask if its on high then .Its so tough to invest bitcoin against paper money but remind that it not always make you on loss .we have seen bitcoin touched ATH value on the recent past and its about to 18k$ so that he who invested before it they got lots of profit .But we need to think and judge the market before invest against paper  money.

Many concepts that you have to think about if you want to see big profits next year. Everyone only thinks of a good strategy to produce something big that awaits next year.
indeed in the crypto world today, fortunately a lot is sought. many are frustrated because prices fall, and they lose. crypto is validated as a currency maybe is a long hope. currently legalized in the stock is good
Activity: 616
Its right the value can be decrease but let me ask if its on high then .Its so tough to invest bitcoin against paper money but remind that it not always make you on loss .we have seen bitcoin touched ATH value on the recent past and its about to 18k$ so that he who invested before it they got lots of profit .But we need to think and judge the market before invest against paper  money.

Many concepts that you have to think about if you want to see big profits next year. Everyone only thinks of a good strategy to produce something big that awaits next year.
Activity: 397
Merit: 10
Bitcoin with high volatility is very vulnerable to short-term trading, so that to be used as a means of payment there must be an agreement between the buyer and seller so that no party is harmed. But for the long term where the digital world has become a necessity, bitcoin will put itself as a currency.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
Oh why not ? Arent we already using it to buy stuffs ?  Volatility is not a hindrance to use crypto as a form of money because crypto does actually have a value .   its cool by the way because our money can increase or decrease depeding on the mood of the market  and if ever a merchant decides to use crypto as a payment gateway , he or she can always adjust the price tag of their products .  so that he wont have an issue if ever the price fluctuates too often  .
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
Yes this is true. The volatility of a digital currency is a hindrance to the idea of using it as a currency. The reason is clear and simple, you would loose the value if suddenly it goes down especially when very low. The value can't be stored for long because if it goes low it wouldn't gain from it and only when value rises up. But there could be some other ways which we can still use the currency and thst is for us to figure out. I also have some ideas but I still have to think and check if it could be feasible.
Yeah the current concern is fluctuations which make it difficult for someone to use crypto as a currency and payment method because it will harm one party if fluctuations occur very quickly, I hope there is the latest payment method innovation, where crypto is directly converted to fiat so that fluctuations can be avoided
The volatility nature of cryptocurrencies is what has caused the paradigm shift from the currency aspect to the investment aspect. Now, people are less willing to accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment because it can lose its value when the market goes down. People prefer to hold some coins for some period of time and make profit when the price spikes due to the same volatility nature - the cause of the interest of many in the investment aspect of crypto.
Activity: 1292
Merit: 101
Vave.com
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
I agree that =a currency with high volatility can`t be used as money. But in the case of the crypto currency, which has many other advantages, and which people want to use as money, this problem can be solved. One possible solution to the problem of volatility is to tie the crypto currency to gold at a fixed rate. This will require the consensus of the crypto community and the sponsor who is ready to make the physical gold market at an agreed price in the crypto. This kind of crypto, backed by gold, may even become a global reserve currency, especially if it was supported by the countries who are looking for ways out of the current hegemony system of the USA dollar.
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I agree with you.
The volatility of Cryptocurrency is the main  reason why the public even potential investors are scared of investing in it.....and this in turn results to the low adoption rate of Cryptocurrency that we are witnessing in recent times.
It's volatility has made it extremely difficult for it to be accepted as a legal tender used for exchange of goods and services.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

What do you think about this argument?
If bitcoin was used as the main form of money around the world then it will not be volatile at all, he is trying to deceive people into making them believe bitcoin is volatile by nature when that is not the case, the huge volatility comes from the fact that only a few million people individuals are using it and most of them are just speculating with the coin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
isn't the crypto currency a digital currency that can be used for digital payments or transactions as well and the possibility that if all the crypto currencies have been recognized as legitimate and valid currencies, I think crypto currencies can be a currency that can be used
if in my opinion crypto will not be used as a legitimate currency in the world because the crypto currency is a digital currency that cannot be used as paper currency, crypto can only be used as an online transaction tool

A cryptocurrency has to be more useful when we are in the difficult situation if it will not be profitable also or investment will helpful in sometime so we can definitely trust this kind of method instead of money but it will not always happened to be more useful.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
isn't the crypto currency a digital currency that can be used for digital payments or transactions as well and the possibility that if all the crypto currencies have been recognized as legitimate and valid currencies, I think crypto currencies can be a currency that can be used
if in my opinion crypto will not be used as a legitimate currency in the world because the crypto currency is a digital currency that cannot be used as paper currency, crypto can only be used as an online transaction tool
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
- Even if it is not recognized as a legal currency, I still see people here using it as money, although this range is probably quite small but it is sufficient to prove that volatile crypto can still be used as money. But of course, people will not like to use it too much, not because it is unfavorable, everyone here doesn't use it as money because this volatility of crypto can be profitable for them, even huge profits, so there is no reason for people to waste this gift, investment and trading are the best and most suitable options, using cryptocurrency as money is just an emergency
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
I think Cryptocurrency is a good investment, even though the price isn't always the same, maybe now the price is going to go up maybe later it can go down, though I'm sure that Cryptocurrency investment will benefit everyone who joins Crypto investment.
Activity: 854
Merit: 251
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
I use it as a fiat currency, I think it is different in nature and usability if all countries have received crypto currency as the applicable currency, maybe that could happen
Activity: 518
That is quite true but it still for us believers to hold on what we want. After all, cryptocurrency is still volatile and is always changing in value but it is still a better investment and those who knows how to wait will get rewarded in time so we have to be patient. It is how we handle every situations no matter how fast the changes are.

The cryptocurrency has just some characteristics of the money, but it cannot be called money at all. It is volatile, and its value changes all the time.
Activity: 540
BountyMarketCap
That is quite true but it still for us believers to hold on what we want. After all, cryptocurrency is still volatile and is always changing in value but it is still a better investment and those who knows how to wait will get rewarded in time so we have to be patient. It is how we handle every situations no matter how fast the changes are.
Activity: 322
I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

What do you think about this argument?
It's a pretty much biased and ridiculous point of view. Real property value won't decrease due to cryptocurrency price falling. Cryptocurrency is only an instrument of exchange not a value itself.
Pages:
Jump to: