Pages:
Author

Topic: A few questions because I don't understand how BTC works it doesn't make any s. - page 2. (Read 931 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hello,
My goal is to store a few thousands $ worth of BTC as safely as possible as an investment in Bitcoins.
I read the best way is to store them on a USB key, or even better, on a specific device called the Ledger Nano S (less expensive option it seems?).
I don't understand exactly how does BTC works with this device?
Are the BTC transferred INTO the device?
I read that if you lose the device, you can still access your BTC, so: what's the point of having this device? And would that mean that the BTC are not actually stored on the device? since losing it doesn't mean that you lose access to the BTC. So my previous statement above is wrong?
And it's said to use your device instead of an online service wallet like bitgo or greenéddress? greenbits?? or whatever??
But on the device sales page it says that we can use the device with those online services.
I'm SO lost.
I understand nothing about all of that.
Can you help and/or point me to all the right documentation i could find to understand everything since I like to understand what I'm doing, and all the info online suggest the device as the safest solution to store btc as savings.
Thank you very much :-)
Pages:
Jump to: