Pages:
Author

Topic: A Flood of Bitcoin Forks Coming....4 more here before Jan 2 2018! Sheesh! - page 2. (Read 750 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 339
invest trade and gamble wisely
As someone else already said:  For fork's sake.
I bet soon there will be also BTC tritium, BTC lithium, BTC 2.0, BTC oil and maybe AntiBTC ( the last one you definitely don't want to send to your BTC wallet )
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
I am not a big fan of these shit forks. It only takes one of these forks to develop a wallet that might have some backdoor or

exploit to steal people's coins. I get nervous when I see a new fork, because I know there will be thousands of people who

will be running to sweep their paper wallets and cold storage to get their hands on these FREE coins. They expose their hoard

coins when they do this. Most people run blindly into these things, because their judgement is clouded by greed. Using these

untested wallets/software is a huge risk.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
I hope that forking season will end soon. With every new fork it become less worth all hassle to claim new "Bitcoin". I don't think that many people will claim forked coins to get few bucks worth shitcoin.
Looks like it's the beggining of the end of bitcoin. It's like Yugoslavia splitting to many smaller countries.
Lol. Wrong comparison. Where do you see end of Bitcoin? If someone decide to make shitfork, it doesn't actually means that Bitcoin is splitting if miners don't start to mine new coin.
Activity: 387
Merit: 251
Your Campaign Manager!
Apart from the forks, there is also those that are completely new coins with the bitcoin name. For example Bitcoin Dark, Bitcoin White. Then you can have the full rainbow too.

So combining all these, i think 25 is reachable. Even when it becomes irrelevant, i guess programmers, hobbyists and plain mischief players would do it just for the sake of it.

I mean sharing a name and blockchain history with the original coin does sound kindda cool. Say what, you may even have these as graduation projects. That'd be a pretty good idea..

if i am still in my class , i might have definitely fought with classmates for selection of rainbow colors .........  Grin
Activity: 387
Merit: 251
Your Campaign Manager!
Where shall we keep BTCs to benefit of incoming forks?

Well, I hope the IRS is not keeping track of these 'supposed' paper profits, from forks on BTC and then say at the end of the year...

*scam fork #127 hit your BTC wallet as a snapshot on dec 22nd 2017 at a price of $8.93.....being money from the air (like mining) you need to pay

this as income tax, as such*

talk about a way to muck up my life, how would you even keep track, of every tom, dick, harry ....fork falling from the sky, snapshotting off BTC?

That would put a crimper on things. (The IRS really does not like $$$ falling from the sky, even if imaginary....they find it annoying (like crypto mining)

and make you pay!

well said ... why the hell these forks are coming...  are really crazy enough to keep forking these.....
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
Apart from the forks, there is also those that are completely new coins with the bitcoin name. For example Bitcoin Dark, Bitcoin White. Then you can have the full rainbow too.

So combining all these, i think 25 is reachable. Even when it becomes irrelevant, i guess programmers, hobbyists and plain mischief players would do it just for the sake of it.

I mean sharing a name and blockchain history with the original coin does sound kindda cool. Say what, you may even have these as graduation projects. That'd be a pretty good idea..
Activity: 133
Merit: 37
Let them fork as much as they want. As long as I'm getting free coins I won't be complaining  Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
I voted 'less than 25' because it is already becoming ridiculous. Each subsequent fork will be less and less profitable and get less and less attention, until such forking becomes meaningless. I think even 10 is too many, let alone 25.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Looks like it's the beggining of the end of bitcoin. It's like Yugoslavia splitting to many smaller countries.

Well, BTC was supposed to PULL as one unit, as far as scaling and such software improvements, you don't like it, you are supposed to make your own fork.

Doubtful, Satoshi thought forking to an alt, could be used to game the system, and make all that money, and concentrate BTC network power in pools and large miners.

The sad part is we could reach consensus on all this in 1/2 a day! It would take the 'scare' of BTC price falling to like $1,200.00 bucks to do so, IMHO, but by god

there would be consensus and integration on scaling/etc, damn quick!

So, not sure, not ideal, that is for sure.

(now to my other boogie man, what if Craig Wright is Satoshi? and he really does have access to billions of BTC, held in a trust, that opens Jan 1st, 2020 to him? Ack!

On his proof?

..you know if that is true, with his temperament, he will flush/sell most of it...with the price going down into the 100's of dollars... and watch the Bitcoin experiment burn right? by the way,

he was treated, by the BTC community and the press? you betcha!

..damn...only 1 out of 100 chance of this.but always scares the crap out of me...lol) Anyway, enough ghost stories.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
copper member
Clueless!
This is the reason why people now are holding bitcoin and with that theres a lot of demand with btc and the supplies are really shortening now .. therefore bitcoin value in the market and still expecting more rise on the price ..

That is the reason for BCH. You can't increase the limit on BTC beyond 21 million coins, just make a fork/alt of BTC and viola 21 million coins on the fork...and  low difficulty...only

problem is the FUD to promote this and push the Alt.

Also, BCH allows you to run longer your OLDER Sha-256 miners etc. Assuming your pump of this Altcoin worked, which it seems to have...sad, but true!

Plus a lot of FUD is deliberate from BCH and other Bitcoin forks...makes for more BTC being dumped in a panic that pushers of the other forks can grab up

at an otherwise cheaper price, if no FUD then if you never forked, from btc at all. Thus you'd have a lot higher price in your whale endeavors to grab cheap coin!

(example: assume there was consensus and NOTHING did fork like BCH etc....the scaling solution was fixed, you had lighting and other options...all was well

in Bitcoin land....what the frack would the price be now..if as a store of value BTC was united...frack, IMHO, we'd have 24K USD coin now)

win/win/win for the folks forking BCH and other altcoins.....a very pretty game plan..evil wise anyway :

It also is getting damn hard to mine BTC with difficulty rise/etc...Everyone who has any accumulation before 2016, with the price rise of 1k to 11k now, is NOT selling

any BTC if they can help it, and thus third, the only way to accumulate coin is to do the FUD game and forks and such...shake the BTC tree ....so the weak hands will fall

out, sell their BTC, and you can grab cheap coin for a longer period of time....god help your whale like endeavors...if you had to pay 24k a BTC to fill your coffers

anyway, not going away, IMHO, not gonna get any better...just too fine an angle to have your cake and eat it too.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111
This is the reason why people now are holding bitcoin and with that theres a lot of demand with btc and the supplies are really shortening now .. therefore bitcoin value in the market and still expecting more rise on the price ..
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
I really blame bitcoin cash for this shitty bitcoin fork mayhem. They started it with the promise that they will be the new and the only bitcoin everybody needs. But honestly, they just made another altcoin. Then comes those other shit coins that think they can oust bitcoins. Then it just gone crazy with bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond, they're just plain creating shit coins just to make a quick buck! What is this, Pokemon? I'm guessing next ones are Bitcoin Crystal, Bitcoin emerald, Bitcoin Ruby, Bitcoin Sapphire, Bitcoin White, Bitcoin Black, Bitcoin FireRed, Bitcoin LeafGreen, Bitcoin Pearl, Bitcoin Platinum. Yeah you guessed it, name all the Pokemon games and that would be the new Bitcoin fork!
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
Nowhere. Sooner or later the miner fee for sending somewhere your btc somewhere to grab a new fork will be more than your potential profit from the new coin.
Well, say you want to make your own crypto coin. (scammer or not)

1) I can make an alt coin in the traditional way...it launches at 0.0000001 USD....I hype it for 3 years and it is at 12c USD! (yea!)
And now try to imagine how much money will you spend to hype such a shitty fork for the whole 3 years. Imho it will be much more then your profit.

Damn, are we gonna see a lot of BTC labeled forked coins! It is gonna be the crypto version of the biblical flood....Ack!
All those forks are taking less media space each day. Pretty soon the average user won't even know that bitcoin had another fork Smiley just imagine that in some month you fill find that you can get XX shitcoins for your btc.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
There is another one coming December 25th Bitcoin God (GOD) https://cointelegraph.com/news/forgive-me-father-for-i-have-forked-investor-to-release-bitcoin-god

It really is getting out of control, I mean everyone likes free money but really for forks sake.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0

Well, I hope the IRS is not keeping track of these 'supposed' paper profits, from forks on BTC and then say at the end of the year...

*scam fork #127 hit your BTC wallet as a snapshot on dec 22nd 2017 at a price of $8.93.....being money from the air (like mining) you need to pay

this as income tax, as such*

talk about a way to muck up my life, how would you even keep track, of every tom, dick, harry ....fork falling from the sky, snapshotting off BTC?

That would put a crimper on things. (The IRS really does not like $$$ falling from the sky, even if imaginary....they find it annoying (like crypto mining)

and make you pay!

I really dont care about IRS since i am already living in a "tax paradise" country. For sure it is risky to run behind scammers in order to catch some peanuts. Yobit seems a good oppurtunity.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
Let them be. The more there are, the more people will realize that they are shitcoins. I do not even plan on claiming any.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
I learnt that  more fork will make bitcoin transaction very fast and enable less transaction charges but I have abserved that even after some of the fork we have had already the transaction is not fast and the charges are still much. So I want to know any other function of bitcoin fork.
copper member
Clueless!
They're only doing this because of the frenzy people went into to get their bitcoincash and bitcoingold coins.

Bitcoincash was a legit fork, bitcoingold was pre-mined and their official site linked to a wallet that stole bitcoins when you put your seeds in.

People need to ask themselves whether these freebies are worth getting their bitcoins stolen.

Well, say you want to make your own crypto coin. (scammer or not)

1) I can make an alt coin in the traditional way...it launches at 0.0000001 USD....I hype it for 3 years and it is at 12c USD! (yea!)

or

2) you can call your altcoin Bitcoin Gold. Use the x13 protocol, GPU mine it, has 210 million coins, as max made, etc.

This has NOTHING to do with BTC, but the name and a prayer to the ASIC gods that this will work!

And as of this moment, Bitcoin Gold (BT is $302.07 USD

With all the talk of ICO's and such being banned etc. This whole make your BTC fork coin angle, will be all the more profitable and possible!

Damn, are we gonna see a lot of BTC labeled forked coins! It is gonna be the crypto version of the biblical flood....Ack!

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
One result could be the price is gonna keep going upwards in the speed of a rocket.
But won't it actually derail the progress of bitcoin? I mean people will split, money will split, there may not be one strong bitcoin afterwards and there could be many bitcoins(alts).
What do you guys will be the biggest impact or actually what negative impact could it have on bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: