Pages:
Author

Topic: A fully decentralized marketplace - page 2. (Read 383 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 25, 2024, 11:24:07 AM
If the goods and services you sell in this market are legal, then what is the reason for making it decentralized? I can understand decentralization in mixers and services that may need to enhance privacy, but purchasing goods and products may be linked to knowing the buyer’s address, which makes it difficult to provide a service of a privacy nature. The market can be implemented for digital products not physical goods.

You can meet in a public place to exchange goods - no one needs to know your address.
Activity: 406
Merit: 443
April 25, 2024, 11:04:35 AM
If the goods and services you sell in this market are legal, then what is the reason for making it decentralized? I can understand decentralization in mixers and services that may need to enhance privacy, but purchasing goods and products may be linked to knowing the buyer’s address, which makes it difficult to provide a service of a privacy nature. The market can be implemented for digital products not physical goods.
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
April 25, 2024, 03:39:47 AM
Thanks for your feedbacks.

DaveF, i was more thinking of pure smart contracts rather than a decentralized p2p client that you have to install + maintain peers.

Maybe i'll try to code a little POC when i get free time.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
April 24, 2024, 04:39:44 PM
   Indeed, all that would be needed to sell and buy on the contract would be the contract' address.
   From that anyone could open its custom frontend access, like an access point.

This is a good idea that the current services don't offer.   If I could post a simple URL, like https://boldfi.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the user could visit a page that offers all information, before requiring sign up, it might be the kick that pushes smart contracts into the mainstream.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 24, 2024, 12:30:50 PM
Something like this: https://bitbay.market/decentralized-marketplace/
There have been a few others over the years, none as far as I can tell have gained any real traction.

-Dave
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
April 24, 2024, 11:12:51 AM
Greetings,

Lately, I've been contemplating the feasibility of a fully decentralized marketplace. This marketplace would primarily operate through
   smart contracts, ensuring decentralization and seizure resistance.

Indeed, all that would be needed to sell and buy on the contract would be the contract' address.
   From that anyone could open its custom frontend access, like an access point.
   So even an 'access point' being taken down, the core of the marketplace would still live somewhere in the wild on the blockchain.

In the case of physical goods transactions, the contract would encrypt the buyer's home address with the seller's key,
   ensuring that only the buyer and seller could access it.

To address concerns about scams, sellers could be rated through an upvoting system, and feedback mechanisms could be implemented.

However, there is one challenge to consider: fees. Any action that involves writing data, such as posting a product for sale or upvoting a seller,
   would incur gas fees. Nevertheless, on blockchains with very low fees, such a decentralized marketplace could still offer significant benefits, in my opinion.

So i'd like to get your thought and feedbacks of such a market, solely based on smart contracts.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: