Pages:
Author

Topic: A great resignation is incoming to the IT powerhouse of the world - page 2. (Read 313 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
News Source: https://www.michaelpage.co.in/talent-trends/the-great-x

Michael Page is a renowned HR consultancy company in India and they have forecasted that a great resignation is going to hit India very soon. The key points are -

1. 86% of employees are planning to resign in the next 6 months
2. 61% of employees are willing to accept a lower salary or a promotion to focus on better work-life balance

We are already seeing a huge amount of attrition in companies like Cognizant, Infosys and TCS with Cognizant leading in this slab with 36% quarterly attrition.

Personally, I lead a team of 70+ associates and around 40% of them have expressed their intent to resign if they are forced to come back to office. It's a huge challenge for many other Indian companies as well.

A huge negative economic impact will most probably follow after this great resignation but it's going to fight the current inflation in India. With less spending by people and with less growth in demand, the inflation may come within controllable range.

Any thoughts?

This sort of research is clearly ridiculous and only designed as clickbait to fool gullible viewers. There is not going to be some sort of mass exodus of IT workers, it is probably one of the highest paying sectors within India but let's face it the jobs are not pleasant. It will be really basic stuff like data entry or even call center type jobs, very repetitive with little satisfaction. However they are still in a highly privileged position in comparison to hundreds of millions of other Indian's who are having to do lower level jobs and they will cling on to IT work for as long as possible because the alternative is much worse. Nobody wants to work, they do it to pay for housing and food to live.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

A huge negative economic impact will most probably follow after this great resignation but it's going to fight the current inflation in India. With less spending by people and with less growth in demand, the inflation may come within controllable range.

Its been claimed that the life expectancy for americans declined significantly in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Some sources claim life expectancy for americans diminished as much as 5 years in 12 months.

Economic recession. Global pandemics. All would appear to contribute towards elevated homelessness, crime, violence, homicide, suicide and overdose rates. Which would take a severe toll on life expectancy and population growth.

If you're searching for decreased demand. It could happen. At the expense of human life. Japan has arguably enjoyed success with its negative population growth. Perhaps that will become our model for the future. A case study where we may not have much input as to which trends materialize. Many of the trends we face could have grown too large to be stopped now. Even if a collective and comprehensive effort was made to reverse those trends.

But even decreased demand won't necessarily curb rising inflation.

The only thing that can stop inflation is people dong more to be informed and knowledgeable on the topic on an individual level. Many of our worst policies were enthusiastically supported by the majority. There were people willing to battle to their last breath to support things that directly led to inflation. How do get these people to stop supporting the wrong things? They must invest more effort into being more knowledgeable and making better choices. That's what is needed the most if these issues are ever to be fixed.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Reminds me of this :

Where are all of Those Quitters? They’re at Work.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/13/business/great-resignation-jobs.html

I had a few friends who were talking about resignation, doing a 4 hours pat time job, but the only guy out of a dozen talking that did quit went back to full schedule after two months, when you have 2000 euros at the end of the month it's easy to say I can live with 1k , when you're getting 1k, suddenly things change 180 degrees.

Oh yeah, the best way to fight inflation, pay fewer people less money, it's going to do wonders!
How about we go completely the other way, hire more people to produce more increase offer outbalance demand, and bring down prices while hiring and not leaving a few million to die?

With the recession knocking at our door (is the situation in India so much different from the rest of the world? I doubt it), I think that those numbers are greatly exaggerated.

It's like those numbers of people willing to go was for their county in peacetime, when it's actually the moment to di they all suddenly remember they have loans, mortgages, rents/ and they will sit again for a few years at the same desk with the same wage with the only difference being the increase of tweets and posts on reddit
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
In normal circumstances it wouldn't be proper to blame those who get the pay they deserve(for solving problems) for inflation. Ignoring the problems could lead to more problems that can hinder productivity while consumption remains constant or continue to increase in the larger society. If you don't pay thousands of qualified teachers in order to reduce inflation who will teach/guide the producers to produce enough?

It is OK to blame inflation on those who are not working but somehow are given things made by producers to consume. Or you could blame those who earn or consume more than they deserve
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
2. 61% of employees are willing to accept a lower salary or a promotion to focus on better work-life balance

With the recession knocking at our door (is the situation in India so much different from the rest of the world? I doubt it), I think that those numbers are greatly exaggerated.

Personally, I lead a team of 70+ associates and around 40% of them have expressed their intent to resign if they are forced to come back to office. It's a huge challenge for many other Indian companies as well.

The important point is "if they are forced to come back to office".
I think that the companies will adapt. They will have to. Of course, the employees will adapt to. A middle ground will have to be set.

Some will go back to the office, maybe for bigger salaries.
Some will find a middle ground, like 2-3 days in the office and the rest from home.
Some may stay at home, but unless they're exceptionally qualified, they will have to find different employer.

So the situation is far from "black and white" and I expect that in many (most?) cases a middle ground will be found.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547
The first decentralized crypto betting platform

I imagine they must have shitty working conditions. I don't intend to resign because I'm happy with my job. People want to quit if they feel they are underpaid, or feel exploited doing too many hours and things like that.

Although this started with COVID because people were paid to stay at home, but in the end, people are going to have to eat and to earn their food they will have to work. I don't see that this is going to be so massive and sustained over time.

In the end there will have to be a balance where all the people who want to will not be able to resign, or employers will be forced to offer better working conditions.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
News Source: https://www.michaelpage.co.in/talent-trends/the-great-x

Michael Page is a renowned HR consultancy company in India and they have forecasted that a great resignation is going to hit India very soon. The key points are -

We are already seeing a huge amount of attrition in companies like Cognizant, Infosys and TCS with Cognizant leading in this slab with 36% quarterly attrition.

Any thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: