Pages:
Author

Topic: A Great Thing Happened Today - page 2. (Read 2689 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
October 17, 2011, 01:57:11 PM
Just a reminder that the price of bitcoin is irrelevant if you are using them instead of hoarding them.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 17, 2011, 01:48:22 PM
You and everyone else need to stop pretending like BTC was anything other than one more internet meme.

How can you tell? I mean, how could people tell that email, HTTP, and online retail like Amazon weren't just internet memes? (All claims put forth at the time) What makes the bitcoin protocol different?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 17, 2011, 01:39:41 PM
There are other exchanges. You think they will all close? People will still be able to trade bitcoins outside the exchanges, it just is a bit more difficult.

It's not "just a bit more difficult," it's magnitudes more difficult. And enormously more risky, considering you need to trust people with complete anonymity.

Don't expect the past diehards to keep things rolling. I've watched many of them bolt.

You and everyone else need to stop pretending like BTC was anything other than one more internet meme.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
October 17, 2011, 01:39:24 PM
LOWEST POINT SO FAR SINCE 32. I'm not a moron that thinks bitcoin traded first for $10.
yes you are. sorry mate!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
October 17, 2011, 01:37:27 PM
You are right, but value cannot simply drop forever. If it goes to 0.5 many people will buy.

You mean, like, speculators and hoarders?

Could be. But if they saw this decline, won't do big moves. Big moves will do people that want to move funds. Easily, securely and maybe anonymously.
legendary
October 17, 2011, 01:36:19 PM
LOWEST POINT SO FAR SINCE 32. I'm not a moron that thinks bitcoin traded first for $10.
legendary
October 17, 2011, 01:35:16 PM
You are right, but value cannot simply drop forever. If it goes to 0.5 many people will buy.

You mean, like, speculators and hoarders?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
October 17, 2011, 01:33:20 PM
Today, 17th October 2011 Bitcoin went to a $2.20 per unit low. Lowest point so far.

WHAT? oh please! N00b!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 17, 2011, 01:31:32 PM
You are right, but value cannot simply drop forever. If it goes to 0.5 many people will buy. And it's up to $1 again. If it goes to $1.5, fewer than "many" will buy, but still the price can stabilize or rise to 1.7. Anyway, we need stability after this decline.

Yes, it can. Volume can drop to the point that MtGox decides the cost of running the exchange outweighs the money they make, and they close up shop. I promise you nobody will be around to dance with your BTC without MtGox.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
October 17, 2011, 01:30:51 PM
Today, 17th October 2011 Bitcoin went to a $2.20 per unit low. Lowest point so far. Lower than the average price needed to produce a coin. On the way down, almost all of the speculators sold. I know lots of people lost money and I'm sorry for them. Some made profit, but nothing to blame.  Now there is a real change, and people will start to use bitcoin as a currency and buy things otherwise not available easily or anonymously.

Rally? Dunno, don't care. I do care about shopping for Christmas with some coins.

EDIT: Oh, and try to differentiate us from bitcoin. Bitcoin is still a success, has a great price and now no major flaws were discovered. It was just speculators (in all their forms: traders, miners, hoarder) got screwd. Including I. Never sold a coin until $6. And generated some with CPU...

You need to check your facts, bitcoins were trading for less than 2.2 for quite a long time.

Excatly...Bitcoins traded for under 2.2 for the majority of the time.

And what's the "average" cost to produce a coin?
legendary
October 17, 2011, 01:28:11 PM
Why would they, if they only see it going down? Why risk buying the currency to buy something else, if what they buy is expected to lose value in a day?

You are right, but value cannot simply drop forever. If it goes to 0.5 many people will buy. And it's up to $1 again. If it goes to $1.5, fewer than "many" will buy, but still the price can stabilize or rise to 1.7. Anyway, we need stability after this decline.
legendary
October 17, 2011, 01:26:09 PM
Why would they, if they only see it going down? Why risk buying the currency to buy something else, if what they buy is expected to lose value in a day?
legendary
October 17, 2011, 01:22:50 PM
Today, 17th October 2011 Bitcoin went to a $2.20 per unit low. Lowest point so far. Lower than the average price needed to produce a coin. On the way down, almost all of the speculators sold. I know lots of people lost money and I'm sorry for them. Some made profit, but nothing to blame.  Now there is a real change, and people will start to use bitcoin as a currency and buy things otherwise not available easily or anonymously.

Rally? Dunno, don't care. I do care about shopping for Christmas with some coins.

EDIT: Oh, and try to differentiate us from bitcoin. Bitcoin is still a success, has a great price and now major flaws were discovered. It was just speculators (in all their forms: traders, miners, hoarder) got screwd. Including I. Never sold a coin until $6. And generated some with CPU...
Pages:
Jump to: