Pages:
Author

Topic: A human civilization experiment - page 3. (Read 1342 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 02, 2014, 08:16:08 AM
Sounds like Lord of the Flies
Yeah, I got the idea when I was reading that book. But in this scenario the children won't even know about the outside world. They will think that the world consists of that island and a lot of water.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
April 02, 2014, 08:08:36 AM
I had this idea, and it's just hypothetically, quite inhumane:
Why don't we place a few persons on an deserted island far from civilization. The islanders will consist of a few number of really small children and a few grown-ups divided between different villages.
The grown-ups will teach the children survival stuff and such things, and when the children are capable of surviving on their own the grown ups will leave the island and let the children take over.
Let us now move twenty years forward. What will life be like there? Will there be any survivors? Religions? Tribes?
What do you think would happen?

I'm up for this
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
April 02, 2014, 08:04:50 AM
Sounds like Lord of the Flies
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 02, 2014, 06:53:30 AM
I had this idea, and it's just hypothetically, quite inhumane:
Why don't we place a few persons on an deserted island far from civilization. The islanders will consist of a few number of really small children and a few grown-ups divided between different villages.
The grown-ups will teach the children survival stuff and such things, and when the children are capable of surviving on their own the grown ups will leave the island and let the children take over.
Let us now move twenty years forward. What will life be like there? Will there be any survivors? Religions? Tribes?
What do you think would happen?
Pages:
Jump to: