Pages:
Author

Topic: A KYC database sold on the Darkweb ? - page 8. (Read 18806 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
January 20, 2019, 12:28:38 PM
That's the weakness of KYC and we had a taste of it when facebook got hacked and another one when this forum's database got stolen. I miss the times when we could trade freely without having to deal with KYC on sites like bittrex and poloniex, but things change. Unfortunately, in most cases they change for the worse.
I used to be and still am against KYC and government agencies trying to oversee crypto trading, but reading the posts of some forum members here makes me thing that I'm in the minority. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
January 20, 2019, 12:18:54 PM
it's something scary, now KYC can also be hacked, I really don't think the darkweb site is really dangerous
Activity: 658
Merit: 851
January 20, 2019, 11:52:19 AM
Hacked Customer Data From World Leading Cryptocurrency Exchanges For Sale On The Dark Web?

https://www.ccn.com/hacked-customer-data-from-world-leading-cryptocurrency-exchanges-for-sale-on-the-dark-web/

"On a darknet market called “Dread,” a vendor going by “ExploitDOT” is attempting to sell user data from the know-your-customer (KYC) data top cryptocurrency exchanges ask for, required by most jurisdictions.

According to data shared with CCN, the hacker has an ad that has been online since July 2018, in which he claims to have hacked documents used in KYC checks – including identity cards and drivers’ licenses – from users of top exchanges like Bittrex, Poloniex, Bitfinex, and Binance.

The data is seemingly for sale for $10 per 100 documents or more, with discounts applying for those who buy in bulk, all the way up to $1 per 1,000 for an order of over 25,000. CCN was able to independently verify the ad on the dark web, which is still online. No links to it will be added to avoid promoting the service."

A few days ago, this also made news :

https://www.techspot.com/news/78317-leaked-database-exposes-87gb-emails-passwords.html
Pages:
Jump to: