Pages:
Author

Topic: A letter to the community from Matthew N. Wright - page 3. (Read 8502 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
I give him a week before he cracks.

This. You'll have to let up just a bit Matthew.

One person can't make a decision about every design detail, that's why you hired some professional designers. That was a smart move.

Now you have to respect their decisions. I can assume that as chief editor, you're already exerting full editorial control of the content. A lot of the details (whether editorial or design) are just minutia and you must let go. Everyone will still love the magazine even if it isn't perfect (nothing is perfect!). But if you don't let it ship then we're guaranteed to hate it!

Forget about the models and everything else. Think about your team. The magazine needs nothing new right now. It needs to ship. The longer this goes, the more morale fades in the team. Eventually, the money will run out.

Write the letter from the editor, issue #1. Then listen to your team and let them finish.

Real artists ship.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
Tl;DR: bla bla bla.
legendary
Activity: 2030
My money; Our Bitcoin.
What, no more fixations on masturbating furries/muppets? 

Good! Thumbs up!   

I like things like Robot Chicken but that type of thing always seemed out of place here and took away from what you seem to be trying to do with Bitcoin.

It was the reason I was never interested in getting a copy of your Bitcoin magazine. ( that and the fact that by the time a magazine, any magazine,
comes out all the news in it is usually old. But that is just me. It is perhaps targeted to a different demographic. )

Although some of your humor on these forums had a point to it, unlike Bruno's, it won't be missed too much by me if it means a more professional
attitude from you.   

Btw, you could've probably said what you said in your letter in a lot fewer words.
We don't need your life story; much of it is perhaps best kept between you, your therapist and your Matt/Atlas voodoo doll.    Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

how about a more 'serious' avatar?

That avatar is cool more dogs in suits (and having dinner parties too).
Activity: 868
Setting your priorities right, was never a bad idea. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
I'll be interviewing applicants to fill this troll void.
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
I manage a group of maintenance workers at Wally World (Wal-Mart).

Phil gave me a long apology about how he spends too long cleaning bathrooms for the third time. He told me he has finally improved.

I just wish he would just do and not care what I think.

I wish you would just release the magazine I paid for and stop telling me how great it's going to be.

Your customers come first. Not your talent. Not your magazine but the people you're serving. Without them, you have nothing unless you are doing charity (you aren't). You have costs and relationships to pay and maintain.

You aren't going to stay in business with this crap, Matthew. Get your shit together.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
When I first read the OP I thought wow, 10/10 troll post! But what do I know :/

This is exactly what I thought (and may still think). What if the OP is a troll post, one that Matthew espouses how he's not going to troll anymore? In retrospect, he may be telling us that he's not going to troll any less.

Or, worse yet, he's going to continue to troll other places, but not on BitcoinTalk, for we're not good enough for his troll posts. If this is the case, then I hope that those over at SA tear him a new...

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
Vladamirs Asic farm , and now this - what is this (bitcoin) world coming to....

Not sure about the 1st yet but the 2nd is a good sign for bitcoin!

Good luck!

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
When I wake up these days, I look in the mirror and I don't see a troll and a goofball anymore – I see a future political activist that has been craving since birth to have something to sink his teeth into, and I finally believe I understand Bitcoin enough to know my place. I will not stop my development of other projects, management of other businesses, nor hobbies in or outside Korea, but I do take the long term success of the Bitcoin Magazine to heart and would soon rather suicide than let it fail.
Good luck!
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
I also want to look up look up LoupGaroux to see what level of vocabulary he reaches.

It's not how big it is but how you use it that counts.

And the same goes for vocabulary. It's why LoupGaroux screws his opposition so masterfully.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Unfortunately, his vocabulary keeps the average visitor to this forum from understanding what he’s saying! 
Shame everyone is so damn stupid.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
You're the perfect troll.
No, he's really not. If he was, he wouldn't get banned so often.

Matthew, I very much prefer this side of you. If you really do feel the need to troll, however, make another account for that trolling. By making it hard on yourself by having to constantly switch accounts, you'll soon get out of the habit of trolling.
Wanna bet he was Atlas all along? Grin

I read the whole thing. Good luck, and if you need an example of a "good" troll, LoupGaroux could teach you a few things.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
You're the perfect troll.
No, he's really not. If he was, he wouldn't get banned so often.

Matthew, I very much prefer this side of you. If you really do feel the need to troll, however, make another account for that trolling. By making it hard on yourself by having to constantly switch accounts, you'll soon get out of the habit of trolling.
Activity: 303
The very first post i read from matthew was about the magazine and i was impressed , i'm fairly new here, but when i came across some of his trolling i just couldn't fit into my mind how someone can be two different persons at the same time, i remember thinking "if these are the VIPs of bitcoin this thing is a joke then"

man you almost made me quit bitcoin, i hope you can keep it together and i hope the magazine succeeds for the good of bitcoin.

All the best to you matthew,

Carlos
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Good effort, Matthew. But your achilles heel is Atlas.

I'm not sure you'll be able to stay serious unless either Atlas is permabanned, or  you sign up with a second anonymous account just so you can continue to point out new Atlas accounts and positroll him.

I'd prefer the latter, tbh.

Activity: 284
This is the part where he takes the money and runs.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Glad to hear it (though I find it a little difficult to believe). Many of your posts are good, especially recently, but I've been annoyed at how frequently you post garbage.

Whenever I see your projects I still think of your initial ridiculous, self-important attempt to start a "Bitcoin Better Business Bureau" and your scamming incident (which was totally your fault and not just a misunderstanding). But my opinion of your projects has been improving recently as you've been acting more thoughtfully.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Semi-factual, semi-paraphrased cliffnotes:

I value quality. Bitcoin Magazine has been delayed due to high values, and I do not apologize for it.

I am proud of my past creations, such as Dialcoin. While it may not be what everyone seeks, I feel pleased knowing how much careful effort I put in it. I feel a sense of calm knowing how well-constructed my creations are, even if they are not financial blockbusters.

The DCAO innovates, and has brought 50 long-term members on-board. They have greatly influenced and supported me. They have guided me along in understanding Bitcoin, the community, and my role in that community. They have helped me arrive to what I believe are more mature and thought-out beliefs regarding what this community is. In particular, while I was originally jaded by the community's hostile actions toward me, I have since come to believe there is much more productive and sincere activity going on behind the shit-flinging which I suppose dominates most Internet forums. While the occasional shit-flinging is an enjoyable, energizing activity for me, I want everyone to know that, within myself, I am more dedicated, sincerely excited about, and willing to work toward a stronger cryptocurrency, a better-informed and more open community, and efficient, helpful services.

I originally thought of Bitcoin Magazine as something much smaller than it has become. I have received contacts from multiple large organizations, both political and non-political in nature, seeking bulk orders of Bitcoin Magazine. I realize that my current goal in creating Bitcoin Magazine is not to provide some humor to the community, but to become the collective voice of Bitcoin for the outside world. In doing so, I realized the opportunity which was presented to me: I am able to greatly impact the future of Bitcoin. Upon this realization, I have taken Bitcoin Magazine much more seriously, and have spent increased time, effort, and money on getting Bitcoin Magazine to a level of quality I am pleased with.

I believe Bitcoin needs now, more than ever, a loud neutral voice to bridge gaps between those of strong opinions, and allow the curious to understand Bitcoin and the community better without being subjected to extreme, hostile, and unproductive arguments rather than thoughtful discussion. As well, truth corrects misguided action. We need as much truth as possible, and I will publish all which I am able which provides to a productive discussion on Bitcoin, its community, and its related services.

Bitcoin Magazine is my life (though I will not be abandoning my other projects), and I want everyone to know this. I believe in it so much, I pledge fully to make it succeed, and it will have great impact on the future of Bitcoin. I am so committed to this new life, where Bitcoin Magazine is greater than myself, that I retire my forum persona. I will no longer troll the forum. That is how seriously I take this responsibility, and the standards I demand of myself. I hope you will exceed my standards, and challenge me to rise higher. I issue this challenge in utter sincerity.

Now go read the OP, dipshits.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
Matthew,

I'd like to think of myself as an excellent judge of character, what with my background in social work/psychology and my experience as a counselor and therapist.  I also meticulously scrutinize the language that people use when they communicate as it is a direct reflection of their state of mind -- after all, people think with language, and if they don't make sense out loud or in print, chances are that they are similarly confused in their heads.

That being said, you DO stand out from everybody.  You have something special, and what's even more refreshing is that you know you have something special.  In my honest opinion (I hope everybody reads this, although I doubt any but a few will care) you are easily one of the most intelligent and thoughtful people in the Bitcoin community, and everybody could learn a thing or two from you. 

You WILL be successful.  Just be yourself, regardless of what persona you need to don to fulfill whatever responsibilities you currently have.  You are remorselessly you.  Few people truly realize that this and this alone is the key to success.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck...

...you can finish wiping your tears now.  Seriously, stop that.
Pages:
Jump to: