Pages:
Author

Topic: A little birdie told me > $5K Bitcoins by March 1st. - page 2. (Read 3910 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

addendum:

Everyone else is still in the 'i missed the boat so there is no point' camp. I think this means we are a long, long way from the *actual*  new-paradigm-bubble event, and the strongest contrarian indicator that now is still the time to be buying and hodling.

I've had the same experiences with my friends, family and colleagues.  Of the dozens and dozens of people I've had conversations with (since the spring), three have purchased coins now (but not until half-way through the October/November run), one is waiting to buy on a dip, and the rest either think bitcoin is stupid/scam/ponzi/etc or they think they've missed the boat.  It's funny because a lot of people thought they had missed the boat this summer at $120.  

The real new-paradigm-bubble event will correspond with MSM articles that explain--using the gold market cap, or M3 money supplies of the USD/euro/JPY/etc--that if bitcoin grows to become a major international currency, then its value must be $100,000+.  A lot of people can't fathom how it could increase 5000%+ this year and still have plenty or room to grow.  But eventually, everyone will "get it" and they'll be wondering why I'm selling a few coins at $40,000 when "dude, this thing has a good shot at hitting a million bucks!"  

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

addendum:

Everyone else is still in the 'i missed the boat so there is no point' camp. I think this means we are a long, long way from the *actual*  new-paradigm-bubble event, and the strongest contrarian indicator that now is still the time to be buying and hodling.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
In logarithms, $1000-$3200 takes half the time of a move from $1000 to $10000.  $1000-$2000 takes 30% of the time.  So expect to be in the $1000s for a while and then to more quickly move once we get past $5000.

My totally unprofessional market psychology bullshit assessment is that we're going to fight around $1000 for a while because there were a lot of people getting in around and above that nice round USD number and a lot of those people got their first real lesson in markets/panic/capitulation recently and a lot of them probably want to get the fuck out because bitcoin is still too risky for them.

The only other person I know IRL that bought BTC, is behaving exactly like this.

Thats 100% of my sample.

Therefore I call true.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
In logarithms, $1000-$3200 takes half the time of a move from $1000 to $10000.  $1000-$2000 takes 30% of the time.  So expect to be in the $1000s for a while and then to more quickly move once we get past $5000.

My totally unprofessional market psychology bullshit assessment is that we're going to fight around $1000 for a while because there were a lot of people getting in around and above that nice round USD number and a lot of those people got their first real lesson in markets/panic/capitulation recently and a lot of them probably want to get the fuck out because bitcoin is still too risky for them.

Yup, notice how the price tends to stabilize around powers of 10 in USD.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

And because the powers that be stubbornly refuse to switch to the more psychology-friendly mBTC.

Yep, that's totally it.  Switch to mBTC and we'll hit $5 tomorrow. If only the man weren't keeping us down.  Roll Eyes

If we could just switch to Satoshis we'd be at like $1trillion/satoshi by next week, at least.  Amiright?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
A little bird told me that people who take advice from little birds belong in an asylum.

Hummmm, do I get to wear a helmet if I was in the asylum?

Only if it's lined with tinfoil.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

And because the powers that be stubbornly refuse to switch to the more psychology-friendly mBTC.

Yep, that's totally it.  Switch to mBTC and we'll hit $5 tomorrow. If only the man weren't keeping us down.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 378
Merit: 255

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
In logarithms, $1000-$3200 takes half the time of a move from $1000 to $10000.  $1000-$2000 takes 30% of the time.  So expect to be in the $1000s for a while and then to more quickly move once we get past $5000.

I'll be watching for sure!
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
In logarithms, $1000-$3200 takes half the time of a move from $1000 to $10000.  $1000-$2000 takes 30% of the time.  So expect to be in the $1000s for a while and then to more quickly move once we get past $5000.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I doubt $5k is likely that early, however it is entirely possible that we could reach $2k or even $3k if the market keeps going as it is without negative news.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
Give that little birdie some seeds!  Cheesy
legendary
A little bird told me that people who take advice from little birds belong in an asylum.

Hummmm, do I get to wear a helmet if I was in the asylum?
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
I'm always grumpy in the morning.
legendary
Safe bet, since we are < $5K right now!

LOL, I meant >. Now I gotta go edit that!

HODL!
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Safe bet, since we are < $5K right now!
legendary
Anyone disagree?