Pages:
Author

Topic: A message to all those involved in the BlockNET debacle - page 2. (Read 3207 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
leaking all info
Given all the hoopla, I hope this thing works out for the best for anyone/everyone involved.  Given how alts work, it's crazy how ORGANIZED FUD causes so much panic.

oh yeah i hope it works out for million dollar scammers too  Roll Eyes

you know how sickening it saying that when some guys have already lost money on Blocknet ?
that is a slap in their face !

i bet you rooted for Mark from GOX too eh ?

Ok this coming from SDC's whales paid troll. "I get tips and their piling up" FFS
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Given all the hoopla, I hope this thing works out for the best for anyone/everyone involved.  Given how alts work, it's crazy how ORGANIZED FUD causes so much panic.

oh yeah i hope it works out for million dollar scammers too  Roll Eyes

you know how sickening it saying that when some guys have already lost money on Blocknet ?
that is a slap in their face !

i bet you rooted for Mark from GOX too eh ?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
Given all the hoopla, I hope this thing works out for the best for anyone/everyone involved.  Given how alts work, it's crazy how ORGANIZED FUD causes so much panic.
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
well said and simply true.
Activity: 391
Thanks for posting this, BTCDDev.  I think it clears up some of the misconceptions. 
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I disliked Supernet from the start because I knew this was going to open the doors for ICOs (actually Ethereum started it all to do ICOs in grand scale). Ethereum and VB have posted a lot of technical documentation to go with their marketing however and VB is a real techie and some of his blog posts are phenomenal.

Hopefully the blocknet scam implodes and serves as an example of what not to do. We really need some mod intervention when it comes to selling ICOs (securities) or whatever they want to call it. It should not be allowed period.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Whether this is indicative of a wider conspiracy against SuperNET and anything NXT-related is up for debate, but it certainly leads to some troubling questions.

I'll just start by saying that I'm no fan of the SuperNET.  From what I can understand of the concept it is much more like a decentralized exchange in each coin wallet than anything (might be misunderstanding)

But on the news reporting outlets I'll say this.  XCurrency (the guys behind Blocknet) have their coin routinely pumped / reported on by crypto magazines when there is little report since there is no open source to prove that their coin is actually doing what they say it is.  Plus no other anonomous closed sourced (let that sink in) gets pushed like they do in the coin reporting magazines.

Interesting fact ... they named their coin originally after the algo Darkcoin invented (http://www.x11coin.org)  They setup their reward nodes and even copied the amount (1,000) from Dark to try and drive their prices up.  And anyone with half a brain could see their project was a blatant ripoff of yours.

They are good at copying other people's shit then getting in the bitcoin alt articles.

I think it's more about them being in bed with the right PR guys than people hating on the SuperNET.  BlockNET has also (thankfully) run into more resistance than the SuperNET did.  Probably because they rushed it out as fast as possible to avoid as many questions as possible and grab the money fast.  It was very timed.
Activity: 255
First let me say that these views are entirely my own, as I can only speak for myself.

Anyone who invested a considerable amount financially in this mess did not properly do his homework. Whether or not the developers of BlockNET are part of a pump group just playing their usual games remains to be seen. However, their behavior shows that whether or not they are, they have behaved in a very unethical manner. 

I have worked closely with jl777 (James) for several months on SuperNET, mainly on integrating it into the BitcoinDark core. I have watched this project grow and currently we have over 5 dozen great people involved, from testers to technical writers, to radio djs.

BlockNET was first announced and billed as "The internet of blockchains". (jl777's signature in the SuperNET forum is "SuperNET is to cryptocurrencies as the internet is to websites") This idea is taken almost completely from the SuperNET. In addition, ideas like distributed file storage (already working in the SuperNET API) have been announced as coming to BlockNET, and even the structure of SuperNET's ipo has been emulated by BlockNET. To date, BlockNET has released 0 lines of original code, as compared to the tens of thousands of lines we have worked so hard on these past months. This code is available for public viewing at github.com/jl777/btcd. (Analysis and review is very welcome)

BlockNET has claimed that their protocol will be true p2p and has even claimed that SuperNET is not. SuperNET uses kademlia distributed hash tables, the same as bittorrent. The BlockNET devs are effectively claiming that BitTorrent is not a peer to peer system. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and we at SuperNET certainly encourage free and open competition. However, I am discouraged to see our imitators blatantly misleading their investors. 

The SuperNET announcement thread on this forum was immediately moved to the marketplace, while the BlockNET thread has been allowed to remain in announcements. Many more news outlets have reported on BlockNET, and bittrex is helping host their ito. Whether this is indicative of a wider conspiracy against SuperNET and anything NXT-related is up for debate, but it certainly leads to some troubling questions. SuperNET's initial marketing was low key by design, but the resistance we have felt from the larger crypto community has been unexpectedly strong. It seems that new ideas with active developers are being fought. This is a disease that must be rooted out in this community!

In the end, however, I am not worried. It is my contention that superior technology will always win, and that the long term market will always choose the strongest competitor. Crypto is a vibrant and exciting world, we all need to remember to keep pushing the boundaries of what is possible daily. 

Matthew
Pages:
Jump to: