Pages:
Author

Topic: A Mobile App for Bitcointalk forum??? - page 2. (Read 215 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
July 28, 2023, 02:37:39 AM
I also want one (for better mobile UI/UX), but even the supposedly newer version of the forum(EpochTalk software) isn't even finished after years now — and I doubt it will even finish. Forget it lol a lot of people wanted this for like 5 years+ now.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
July 28, 2023, 01:05:35 AM
I am sure this has been discussed a few times here on the forum and I am against it as the forums work perfectly fine in the browser on your phone.
It's an Old SMF Forum however the mobile responsiveness is there. So I don't think we need a dedicated app just to access Bitcointalk. If someone from the community wants to make one with some mods, go ahead.

Yes it's responsive but you constantly need to zoom in-out, there are settings in browser with which you force site to condense in screen but that rather looks ugly.
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1522
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
July 27, 2023, 10:42:12 PM
I am sure this has been discussed a few times here on the forum and I am against it as the forums work perfectly fine in the browser on your phone.
It's an Old SMF Forum however the mobile responsiveness is there. So I don't think we need a dedicated app just to access Bitcointalk. If someone from the community wants to make one with some mods, go ahead.

I would not personally prefer to use the forum with an app.
Activity: 434
Merit: 141
July 27, 2023, 08:55:54 PM
Bitcointalk is for texting discussion so think about typing on mobile which is not friendly and uncomfortable. If you can use it on a web browser, do you actually need it on mobile and seriously do you need to install an application to use it, just typing.

Many questions and a mobile app will not be deployed with SMF forum software.
Bitcointalk mobile app
Mobile version of bitcointalk
Phone version of bitcointalk site

Meanwhile community have these temporarily solutions when they are waiting for an offical mobile app.
Bitcointalk mobile friendly app for Android
Bitcointalk as mobile app - Tricks for iOS, Android
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
July 27, 2023, 08:26:05 PM
 I don't believe the Bitcointalk community needs any special software or app to access it. If it was necessary, our skilled developers and programmers would have already made one. They have created many impressive tools before, so it wouldn't be a big challenge for them.

Personally, I'm happy using the web browser to view the forum, and I don't see any need for an app. There is an addon made by fahbil Bitcointalk Mobile Friendly App for Android that works like an app if you so wants to try it, but it may not be working properly since its developer has been inactive since 2020. Good luck if you decide to use it, though!
Activity: 116
Merit: 2
July 27, 2023, 07:54:15 PM
I don't know if anyone has ever mentioned this or not, but if they have, wouldn't hurt to bring it up again right?

I was wondering the possibilities of the Devs of Bitcointalk forum developing a mobile app for the forum? I believe that majority of us here makes use of our smartphones to access this forum, and the website is not optimized for mobile. So it would please me if the devs can look into this? Just my suggestion.

Edit July 28th: for those who misunderstood me, I never said the website is not responsive, I mean it's not optimized for mobile, and only displays as a desktop version, in which case you will have to always zoom in and out to make use of it.
Pages:
Jump to: