Pages:
Author

Topic: A new crypto directory - your advice needed - page 2. (Read 281 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
Is your web application crawling the web and acting as a search engine? I definitely like the idea of the website but...

I think the way you should do it as add services manually to your database and retrieve them because honestly, it's really not accurate at all. I tried OTC trading, crypto wallets, etc. I couldn't find a single exchange or wallet I've seen before.

As for the comments, people often don't like to bother and make an account unless there is something in it for them. I would suggest implementing Disqus so they can comment from their Social media accounts instead.

I like to second you. I checked crypto games and I am not aware of the games listed in site.
Games like EOSknight should ake up to the lidt.

For lending section, forum lending section can be included.
Activity: 618
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
I appreciate your ideas to help users evaluate and give personal opinions. But most of the listed projects are not moderated by you or the development team, so many fake ICOs still appear on the website, and I don't like this.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
I like the fact that you have plenty of listings there. I haven't heard about some of the companies and services listed so it is always interesting to check them out and see what they can offer in comparison with the ones I am used with.  As an advice you can work a little bit on the website esthetics. I do like that it is simple and you need to keep it simple going forward, but maybe you can make a more modern design.
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
All I will say is that you directory advice site is in perfect position with up to date news and trading skills and learning procedure, I will like to say keep it up with the good job. And looking forward to new development because you must keep advancing to meat up with the trend of time.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
I think don't have to repeat again that everything you did was researching about every business existing and listing them on a website. Honestly I appreciate your effort and I belive you when you say it took almost 6 months because we are talking about such a high number of businesses available. You should work on your design because it looks like a website built by a beginner and also work on organizing everything in a better looking way. Overall the idea is good but it needs a little improvement.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

Not designed to make it easy for the eyes, you can try to  simply make the Nav links on the left side only going down. To  me its more convenient and easy to check  which I wanna look at than checking left to right which link to click. Are you by any chance once it gets known, you will ask fees for the listings?
Activity: 26
Merit: 2
Good effort op, but the quality of the website needs to be improved. The design looks pretty bland, but it could be improved to another level by hiring the services of a freelancer in this case.

Also, why did you compile information related to less popular websites(Most of them I have never heard of before) op?

Thank you for the feedback Haunebu. I am a techie not a designer and I am sure that you are right. My next job is to improve the classifications of the data but after that I will work on the design as you suggest.
I think your crypto directory with users review is already perfect. All bitcoiner needs to see and review your site because it is fully loaded from crypto news up and learn about crypto up to trading module is available. It is very good site especially for the newbies and to the bitcoiner that want a continuous learning.

Thank you for your kind words. They give me the boost I need at the end of a long week. James
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Hi, I am James Bayley and I have spent the last six months building a crypto directory with user reviews. It now has over 7000 listings. I launched it a couple of weeks ago and I would really value your opinion.

Do you find it useful? How can I make it better for you?

Kudos to OP for your hardwork and dedication for providing a crypto directory. It can really be helpful since it has different links segregated depending to users needs, not to mention it has reviews. The site looks simple and user-friendly, this could help a lot of people, especially newbies.

*I am excited to see how much will this site improve in the long-run.

Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Good effort op, but the quality of the website needs to be improved. The design looks pretty bland, but it could be improved to another level by hiring the services of a freelancer in this case.

Also, why did you compile information related to less popular websites(Most of them I have never heard of before) op?
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
I agree with what OmegaStarScream said. I just clicked on my country's tab and it took me to about 26 business listings of which even one I wasn't familiar with. It did not mention about Unocoin which is a leading exchange in India.

I did not get why exchanges and insurance companies fall under a category "Crypto Wallet".
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Is your web application crawling the web and acting as a search engine? I definitely like the idea of the website but...

I think the way you should do it as add services manually to your database and retrieve them because honestly, it's really not accurate at all. I tried OTC trading, crypto wallets, etc. I couldn't find a single exchange or wallet I've seen before.

As for the comments, people often don't like to bother and make an account unless there is something in it for them. I would suggest implementing Disqus so they can comment from their Social media accounts instead.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
I think your crypto directory with users review is already perfect. All bitcoiner needs to see and review your site because it is fully loaded from crypto news up and learn about crypto up to trading module is available. It is very good site especially for the newbies and to the bitcoiner that want a continuous learning.
Hi, I am James Bayley and I have spent the last six months building a crypto directory with user reviews. It now has over 7000 listings. I launched it a couple of weeks ago and I would really value your opinion.

Do you find it useful? How can I make it better for you?

-- Update 22 April 2019 --
I have summarised comments and replied below.
Pages:
Jump to: