Pages:
Author

Topic: A new look to KYC, from a customer's perspective. - page 5. (Read 1323 times)

Activity: 623
Merit: 11
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
I am amused by such thoughts, I want to laugh at the naivete of the author of the topic. Never a single business owner will disclose all information about himself, because it is at least not safe for him and his family. Gangsters can come to his house and rob him. This is the first reason why directors will not go through KYC.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
Originally, I have known KYC as "Know Your Clients" but now I discover the new costumers refer to it as
"Know Your CEO". In the wise that it is majorly introduced to suit the CEOs better. Well, I don't see negativity, because I think the managers introduced it to authenticate the identity of participants and reduce scam,fraud and even crowd.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
But I do not think that this will happen, who will verify his identity? Or he will send ID to everyone who asked for that?  Grin
This ID problem is trying to solve ICON. Maybe after that no scammers will appear.
Activity: 191
Merit: 1
a lot of fake ICO and it uses KYC, be careful of your ID, it could be misused, trackico can verify every ico team, that's a compliment to a website that provides ICO
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
Well, the team must all pass the verification of identity. And this information should be publicly available. Then everything will be easy. Scammers themselves will leave the market. Of course, they will eventually find a loophole. But at least 1-2 years will be calm.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
So, what does KYC mean? I always hated that thing, mostly because I feelt it is an unnecesary leak of information.

With these times and all the shitcoin scams and real waste of time and money I came to the resolution that we need a new meaning for KYC.

Know Your CEO.

The best way we could prevent or atleast act in the case (most certain) of one of any new project being a scam is selecting a number of trusted users of the community to verify the "Team" of any coin just the same way we are verified in most sites.
Since most of the new coins claim the "Team" is the people shown in the pictures they shouldn't mind verifying it to this peculiar non snitch trustworthy gathering of users.

In the case a project is to be compared to bitcoin or ethereum and the team crave anonimity you shouldn't need an ICO or could provide code before launching and provide a service.

Any ideas? Would anyone actualy ask for this before investing? and keep the word and not invest without the check?

I think it is more than a fair price for trusting someone with perhaps thousands of bitcoins.

Edit: I has another interesting post few ahead for (for the ones that read op only)
Thats great idea it should be implemented in all ICO,IEO and other forms of crowdfunding event, I think we should apply these as a requirements for All ICO's to know better about the real background of the team that implementing the ICO and the project itself to be held criminally liable if they are mismanage or scam the money they raise.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
Now, to test KYC, the CIVIC project team has released a good application on a smartphone, where you are going through verification and further, by scanning the bar code, you confirm your identity in the project, so the scammers will not cooperate with this company!
Does this company comply with European Union regulations regarding the security of personal customer data? What responsibility will they incur if personal data is stolen? Without answering these questions, few would risk using the services of this and other similar platforms. Cryptocurrencies are growing up and now companies need to get used to taking responsibility, especially when it comes to the security of customer money and personal data .
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Now, to test KYC, the CIVIC project team has released a good application on a smartphone, where you are going through verification and further, by scanning the bar code, you confirm your identity in the project, so the scammers will not cooperate with this company!

It is not a good application in my experience. I tried it firstly on mobile, I tried the maximum 3 times and all failed, then I contacted the CIVIC guys by email as requested, and still I could not get it done.

I will not say which project this was but it was several months ago. Everything worked well, I could scan and do selfie, everything,,, but when it came to verify, it said failed over and over again.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
This is why I've not been anonymous from the start. Everyone knows who I actually am
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
What will happen the project itself turns into a scam.Giving the personal infomation to others has risk always no matter of who we are giving the information because most trusted site can even leak out our information or someone from insider stole and sell it on dark web.
Guys, I totally agree with you. Those structures that are not authorized to collect personal documents must meet in accordance with criminal law. Each country has a specific regulation for such things, but the cryptocurrency market today is outlawed in many countries today.
Activity: 980
Merit: 275
i all the time keep repeating this. it is ridiculous to demand kyc and private information from investors. crypto market provides an anonymous ecosystem for its participants. what is the meaning of the kyc.
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
So, what does KYC mean? I always hated that thing, mostly because I feelt it is an unnecesary leak of information.

With these times and all the shitcoin scams and real waste of time and money I came to the resolution that we need a new meaning for KYC.

Know Your CEO.

The best way we could prevent or atleast act in the case (most certain) of one of any new project being a scam is selecting a number of trusted users of the community to verify the "Team" of any coin just the same way we are verified in most sites.
Since most of the new coins claim the "Team" is the people shown in the pictures they shouldn't mind verifying it to this peculiar non snitch trustworthy gathering of users.

In the case a project is to be compared to bitcoin or ethereum and the team crave anonimity you shouldn't need an ICO or could provide code before launching and provide a service.

Any ideas? Would anyone actualy ask for this before investing? and keep the word and not invest without the check?

I think it is more than a fair price for trusting someone with perhaps thousands of bitcoins.

Edit: I has another interesting post few ahead for (for the ones that read op only)

I am agree if KYC applied to developers team because many scam ICOs last year. But its hard to do because there is no regulation on cryptocurrency market, anyone can create their own token and sell it and leave it. If government regulating crypto, i am believe it will reducing scam ICOs
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
What will happen the project itself turns into a scam.Giving the personal infomation to others has risk always no matter of who we are giving the information because most trusted site can even leak out our information or someone from insider stole and sell it on dark web.
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
maybe KYC system must be annihilated from requirement need for just buy some token or coin, as long your token or your coin sold in sale event, who care about KYC procedure, it doesnt need i think.
In perspective of governments and bounty managers, KYC is fundamental tool for them.
- For governments: to trace flow of money, to investigate in exit scams, and more reasons.
- For bounty managers: to screen, indentify and wipe out registration/ application of bounty-hunting farms. In short, to avoid abusements.
Activity: 30
Activity: 381
maybe KYC system must be annihilated from requirement need for just buy some token or coin, as long your token or your coin sold in sale event, who care about KYC procedure, it doesnt need i think.
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
How many I did not ask the ICO team to answer my question  to call the regulatory act on the basis of which they demand to undergo a KYC check from bounty hunters and that it is written in these documents about us, no one answered me. I am sure that the ICO teams themselves do not know the answer to this question, and their demands that we pass such a check is only an unjustified excess of their authority. We just need not to participate in those ICO projects that require us to provide our confidential data so that these projects cannot collect the necessary funds and these KYC checks against bounty hunters will disappear. Or you need government regulation of ICO.
Personally I have a feelings that scam ICOs require KYCs as their efforts to show that their team actually seriously work and carefully check applications, registered forms from bounty hunters to show that somehow they are not scam teams.
I doubt that teams of scam ICOs will check those KYCs and verify them for bounty hunters, because eventually they will make scam exits, with money from investors, and IDs from bounty hunters.
Activity: 350

Know Your CEO.

This looks hilarious like a turn table. The rabbit hunting the hunter. But on a more wider perspective, information of teams bounty hunters will run marketing campaigns for should be known and available after proper evaluation. Know your customer - know your project developers should go hand in hand
Activity: 1148
Merit: 116
You are right and at the same time wrong as well ,for example look what happened to few well knowned exchanges this year ,we know them ,both CEO and teams that still doesn't safe us from losing our money and coins ,and there are projects with verified CEO that still went scam so KYC will safe some and KYC won't safe many ,it doesn't really solve anything
Activity: 966
Merit: 104

I had similar feelings towards KYC earlier, but when I wanted to participate in a sale I finally did the KYC. After it I have passed it I told them " now you know me, it is time for me to know You as well" and put a bunch of questions. At first they were surprised but responded politely. One of the criteria I judge a project is how accessible  their leader is and how he is responding to the community.
How many I did not ask the ICO team to answer my question  to call the regulatory act on the basis of which they demand to undergo a KYC check from bounty hunters and that it is written in these documents about us, no one answered me. I am sure that the ICO teams themselves do not know the answer to this question, and their demands that we pass such a check is only an unjustified excess of their authority. We just need not to participate in those ICO projects that require us to provide our confidential data so that these projects cannot collect the necessary funds and these KYC checks against bounty hunters will disappear. Or you need government regulation of ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: