Pages:
Author

Topic: A new platform to trade Bitcoins: BTX Trader - page 2. (Read 14629 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
What happened with this platform!?

Seconded. This platform could be great with a nice refresh.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
What happened with this platform!?
Activity: 32
joesmoe2012, did your account linking work?

Also, we'll add BTC/EUR next. I'll let you know once it's done.

Ilya
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Need BTC/EUR option for MtGox.

Also everytime I try to add my MtGox API I get a timeout.

How about some more currency pairs for btc-e as well?
Activity: 37
December 27, 2013, 10:29:51 AM
Hmmm....I don't get how this was announced months ago but an article today says that:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shares-no-name-tech-company-122532967.html

BTXTrader

Shares in a little-known tech firm are up more than 65% in pre-market trading this morning after after it announced it was preparing to launch a beta version of its Bitcoin trading platform.

Pennsylvania-based WPCS says it recently acquired BTXTrader, which is developing what it says is the first trading platform allowing Bitcoin users to "access market data and execute orders on the five most popular Bitcoin exchanges in a single application."

"Obviously, we are still in development mode, but we're on schedule to release both web and mobile versions of our platform by early 2014," BTX Trader Chief Operating Officer, Ilya Subkhankulov, said in the release.

The firm's shares surged more than 20% to $1.81 on heavy volume in after-hours trading yesterday. We first saw the story on Marketwatch as reported by Wallace Witkowski.

Very little has been written about WPCS, which bills itself as a communications infrastructure firm. They IPO'd in 2003 at more $140 and spent the next 10 years going to practically zero.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Fourth richest fictional character
November 18, 2013, 08:57:58 PM
Awesome! I am downloading it now and will post feedback as soon as I play around with it.

November 18, 2013, 04:10:18 PM
BTX Trader just released the ability to send Stop Limit orders to 5 exchanges: CampBX, BTC-E, BitStamp, BTC China and MT. Gox

Check out our blog post for instructions and more information
Activity: 31
An update:

I've added OHLC/Candlestick charts. Bars are being created for bid, ask, mid and last price. The bars are updated in real-time as ticks come in.

I've attached a few screenshots.

Thoughts?  Grin

http://www.btxtrader.com/

http://www.btxtrader.com/media/forums/candles.png
http://www.btxtrader.com/media/forums/periods.png
http://www.btxtrader.com/media/forums/ohlc.png
Activity: 224
I will incorporate your feedback in prioritizing the work to add additional exchanges.

If you have any specific suggestions for the chart -- please let me know; I am happy to make improvements.

Yes, I have something related to bots coming out in the near future. I will add more details once the features/functionality are hashed out.

Over time I'd probably get to understanding the chart, but would have to use it on a regular basis for that to happen.  I think just having the option of some more standard chart styles (candles or OHLC lines) would be good enough for me.

Glad to hear you are working on some bot features for this.  Will definitely be watching your progress.  Smiley
Thanks for the explanation, at least now I know what it means.  Still not easy to read, though.

Are there any plans to add any kind of bot-type features?  I'd really like some kind of trend-following stuff, like EMA/SMA crossovers, or even VWAP crossovers, for example.

As for priorities, I'd suggest that getting it working on other exchanges should be higher.  Simply due to there's a good chance that the legal issues and other problems surrounding Mt Gox will likely make it a bad exchange choice, or maybe even non-existent, in the very near future.

As it is right now, it is a non-choice for me.  There is no low-cost option for moving USD in/out any more with the Dwolla seizure, and what with no wire transfers going on right now.  Even so, wire is not an option for me, since I'm not going to pay $50 (or whatever it is) to move $20 over there to buy coins.  CampBX and Coinbase seem to be my only options to buy BTC with little to no cost of moving in the USD for the volume I'll be doing ($20 or so every paycheck).

I will incorporate your feedback in prioritizing the work to add additional exchanges.

If you have any specific suggestions for the chart -- please let me know; I am happy to make improvements.

Yes, I have something related to bots coming out in the near future. I will add more details once the features/functionality are hashed out.
Thanks for the explanation, at least now I know what it means.  Still not easy to read, though.

Are there any plans to add any kind of bot-type features?  I'd really like some kind of trend-following stuff, like EMA/SMA crossovers, or even VWAP crossovers, for example.

As for priorities, I'd suggest that getting it working on other exchanges should be higher.  Simply due to there's a good chance that the legal issues and other problems surrounding Mt Gox will likely make it a bad exchange choice, or maybe even non-existent, in the very near future.

As it is right now, it is a non-choice for me.  There is no low-cost option for moving USD in/out any more with the Dwolla seizure, and what with no wire transfers going on right now.  Even so, wire is not an option for me, since I'm not going to pay $50 (or whatever it is) to move $20 over there to buy coins.  CampBX and Coinbase seem to be my only options to buy BTC with little to no cost of moving in the USD for the volume I'll be doing ($20 or so every paycheck).
Saw this posted again in another thread, so figured I'd download it to see if anything really has changed from my previous inquiries.

First issue, I have to create a login for a program running on my computer?  What's up with that?

Got that done, and looked around the program.  Seems nice, but for someone like me who is new to trading, a lot of the data doesn't make sense and the graph didn't look anything like I expected.  Standard candle chart would have been nice.

And finally, still no other exchanges than Mt Gox.  I don't see Mt Gox lasting much longer, and I've vowed to never use them again, so I've now uninstalled the program until there is official support for other exchanges.

Thanks for giving it another shot!

It's true that the tick chart can be daunting. I've attached a little explanation of various aspects of the tick chart. I can tell you that it can be extremely powerful one you get the hang of it.

On the other hand, a standard candle/bar plot is invaluable and I'm working to push it out very soon.

Additional exchanges: yes, it's in my todos.

https://www.btxtrader.com/media/forums/tickchart.png
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
I don't see Mt Gox lasting much longer, and I've vowed to never use them again

your not the only one Grin
Saw this posted again in another thread, so figured I'd download it to see if anything really has changed from my previous inquiries.

First issue, I have to create a login for a program running on my computer?  What's up with that?

Got that done, and looked around the program.  Seems nice, but for someone like me who is new to trading, a lot of the data doesn't make sense and the graph didn't look anything like I expected.  Standard candle chart would have been nice.

And finally, still no other exchanges than Mt Gox.  I don't see Mt Gox lasting much longer, and I've vowed to never use them again, so I've now uninstalled the program until there is official support for other exchanges.
Activity: 405
Merit: 255
@_vjy
Also, we are planning on implementing XBT and other units of BTC, this is in our back log of to-do's.

great. Cool
first release working fine so far.

what I would really like to see is a candle stick chart (like clark moody) or at least a line chart (like bitcoinity) in the app, ideally for a configurable time frame (at least from 1-24 hours).

additional exchanges like btce and bitstamp would also be nice, but the chart is more important to me (as now I still have to keep a browser tab open for the chart).

Hi, My name is Ilya from BTX Trader.

Thank you for your feedback! we are actively working on charts and they will be in our next release.

Hi btxtrader  team,

Please allow users to optionally configure newly proposed currency code XBT, along with BTC.

1 XBT = 100 satoshi.

There are few threads in this forum that pushes for XBT ISO currency code standard adoption.

I am not sure, 'BTX trader' already uses this.

I will also send a mail to, [email protected].

Thanks.

Also, we are planning on implementing XBT and other units of BTC, this is in our back log of to-do's.
Activity: 405
Merit: 255
@_vjy
Hi btxtrader  team,

Please allow users to optionally configure newly proposed currency code XBT, along with BTC.

1 XBT = 100 satoshi.

There are few threads in this forum that pushes for XBT ISO currency code standard adoption.

I am not sure, 'BTX trader' already uses this.

I will also send a mail to, [email protected].

Thanks.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
first release working fine so far.

what I would really like to see is a candle stick chart (like clark moody) or at least a line chart (like bitcoinity) in the app, ideally for a configurable time frame (at least from 1-24 hours).

additional exchanges like btce and bitstamp would also be nice, but the chart is more important to me (as now I still have to keep a browser tab open for the chart).
Any plans on working with other exchanges?  I'll likely just use this for planning rather than trading, if MtGox is the only one it's going to support.  Would prefer CampBX, and if not that then BTC-e.

We're launching with MTGOX integration. Would love to support more liquidity sources eventually.
Yup, there is an issue with a few browsers and SSL (thanks to AppEngine). I'm working on it.

Http should work for all.

If you would like to join the free private beta, please visit https://www.btxtrader.com and sign up with you email address.

Seems something is wrong with that page.  "Connection interrupted while the page is loading" error.  Sad

Change it to http://www.btxtrader.com and it works.
Pages:
Jump to: