Pages:
Author

Topic: A new risk has surfaced in p2p trading, beware and stay safe! - page 2. (Read 455 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
The only way a bank account can be hacked is if the owner of the bank account is stupid to fall victim to social engineering or malware attacks.

Social engineering is a big word for guessing the right password based on your personal details. And there can be no way that a hacker has accessed the bank account as well as the 2FA mobile phone required to approve a transaction. And like I said, only a moron would lose both or disabled 2fa otp.

CK guy is knowledgeable in laws and regulation but doesn't understand how "hacking" works.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
Thanks for the warning! but it is possible to hack a bank account?

I am not doing trades regularly at localbitcoin but I trusted lbc's reputation for trading so I don't dig too deep while trading. Lips sealed

But it is possible to find out the person from localbitcoin site because they need government ID to be verified for start trading right?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Dear fellow community members,

We all use p2p exchanges to cash out our earning but recently a new type of scam/fraud has surfaced. Hackers are using hacked bank accounts to send money to the sellers. But due to police complaints lodged against such hacked accounts, the seller's bank account is getting freezed and FIRs being lodged against them. 8-10 such cases have been reported in recent times for trades executed in localbitcoins website.

Please watch this video to get a better perspective of this incident,

https://youtu.be/sbvJ-m_4quM

Stay safe guys! Don't trade with a new trader just for getting a better price. Rather look at the ratings and number of trades before you finalize a trader to deal with.
Pages:
Jump to: