Pages:
Author

Topic: A Non-Custodial wallet, Atomic Wallet, being compromised - page 9. (Read 2334 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
I have seen reports of users losing their funds, and they even have no idea what happened since they never exposed their private keys or seeds.
One more reason never to trust closed source wallets.

Interesting posts of their Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/atomicwallet/
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
I couldn't find any specific information on whether incident reports are related to a particular platform, such as desktop or mobile, or if they are related to all wallet versions. It would be helpful to have more clarity on this matter.

By the way, why is this thread in the Web wallets section?
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
-snip-
is it still possible for Atomic walet users to transfer funds?

They should be able to but if not, they can always recover their wallet somewhere else and then transfer funds from there.
Activity: 322
Merit: 306
Farewell LEO o_e_l_e_o
This announcement/warning made six hours ago through Atomic Wallet's Twitter account.

If you're an Atomic Wallet user, send them out to another wallet ASAP.
A news that will make many users disappointed if all the funds stored in the AtomicWallet wallet are lost.
There is a twitter account with the username @Christomos03 replying to a tweet made by AtomicWallet with a reply requesting that the lost funds be returned. Promptly replied by @zachxbt asking to send a DM with the transaction hash of the stolen funds.

It's been 8 hours since the information was made by AtomicWallet that they were compromised, is it still possible for Atomic walet users to transfer funds?

Any bitcoin wallet, that also support altcoins or not should not be used anymore if they can not follow the recent standards.
What about other wallets that support multiple coins?
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
It could be a phishing attack targeting their users. I don't see how their software can be compromised unless they were lying about how are the private keys generated and them being non custodial.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
I wonder why people should still be using a wallet that support only legacy address when there is Segwit today. Any bitcoin wallet, that also support altcoins or not should not be used anymore if they can not follow the recent standards.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
This announcement/warning made six hours ago through Atomic Wallet's Twitter account.

We have received reports of wallets being compromised. We are doing all we can to investigate and analyse the situation. As we have more information, we will share it accordingly.

For any questions and concerns, contact [email protected]

https://twitter.com/AtomicWallet/status/1664946301815910400?cxt=HHwWgMCzneP1iZsuAAAA

It's still being investigated, and no one actually knows if their software is really being compromised or not. But better be safe than to lose all of your coins/savings. If you're an Atomic Wallet user, send them out to another wallet ASAP.
Pages:
Jump to: