Pages:
Author

Topic: A Public Market is Turning 'Cashless' in the Philippines - page 6. (Read 1214 times)

Activity: 432
Merit: 126
A great start. Indeed an easy way to pay digital. We all know that there are so ways to pay online with different marketing strategy. And i am one of that takingvthis advantages and it really give me a lot of savings. But as we all know, safety here is now a question. I mean, if i want to go to a public places like public market, i will not bring my phone due to security purposes. Not trying to give a bad impression but this is what really happens especially in this christmas season. But still, this is a very good start for us.
Activity: 650
Merit: 100
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi
'The new Marulas Public Market in Valenzuela City is the first-of-its-kind ‘DigiPalengke’ initiative in Northern Metro Manila where an entire marketplace is equipped to accept mobile cashless payments.'

https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1015376

--

This is quite interesting since even a public market where most of the time common folk buy their everyday needs is accepting digital payments. While this is not entirely related to cryptocurrency, it's as if the people are slowly seeing the convenience and security cashless payments offer to their everyday lives. For years, scan-to-pay stores are just confined within the walls of malls and luxurious places but it seems that we're slowly bringing it to the masses and eventually, it will be the norm to pay only with our smartphones and pre-loaded accounts--and in the future, possibly even cryptocurrencies.
This would be a great start on making a place through a cashless society.As the current president of the Philippines would hopefully open up the minds of each fellow Filipino to patronize digital payments and go with the trends.This would  have a big impact on the community i guess.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
From the article:

PayMaya equipped at least 200 vendors in the New Marulas Public Market with QR payments acceptance, allowing Valenzuela residents to pay for their day-to-day needs purchased from the market using only the PayMaya app installed on their phones. 

Gonna be interesting how things turn out here. I'm sure that their will be challenges both on the vendor and consumer side in the beginning. But I do like the concept though, most probably if this project turns out to be a success, other big public market will also test it out as there are most progressive city around Metro Manila like Makati City that can take advantage of cashless "pamama-lengke". And imagine your mom just bringing her cell-phone and telling her "kumare" about the advantages of using digi-payments, that would be awesome!!!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
'The new Marulas Public Market in Valenzuela City is the first-of-its-kind ‘DigiPalengke’ initiative in Northern Metro Manila where an entire marketplace is equipped to accept mobile cashless payments.'

https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1015376

--

This is quite interesting since even a public market where most of the time common folk buy their everyday needs is accepting digital payments. While this is not entirely related to cryptocurrency, it's as if the people are slowly seeing the convenience and security cashless payments offer to their everyday lives. For years, scan-to-pay stores are just confined within the walls of malls and luxurious places but it seems that we're slowly bringing it to the masses and eventually, it will be the norm to pay only with our smartphones and pre-loaded accounts--and in the future, possibly even cryptocurrencies.
Pages:
Jump to: