Pages:
Author

Topic: A question about reposting my own content - page 2. (Read 333 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
I consider spam only if the only real reason for the post is the back link to the website: overly often posted weak articles (or too short fragments of those). I think that it won't be the case.

Bitcointalk makes all links inside posts no-follow (at least that's how it was the last time I checked) so this isn't a concern.

But yeah I'd check you're getting discussion from them after posting the first few just to make sure it doesn't look spammy (as mods are quick to delete low quality posts).

Noted, thanks.

There is no problem posting them since you said it's unique unless that old content is from expired domains?

notatether.com (my domain) is clearly not an expired domain, do a WHOIS search Smiley

I saw some people on another forum doing this by copy-pasting the old content from the old expired domain to their forum or new website and claim as its own content.

Yeah I don't have any of that BS here because the mailing list is sent from an email account with my domain name on it, so I can prove that I sent the mailing list emails anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037
BTC price road to $80k
There is no problem posting them since you said it's unique unless that old content is from expired domains?

I saw some people on another forum doing this by copy-pasting the old content from the old expired domain to their forum or new website and claim as its own content. But if the content is created by you then I think there is no problem posting them here.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Cite where you got the information from just to be sure but I think you should be able to prove it was yours anyway if someone does mention it's plagiarised.

Normally mentioning links on sites like this allow it to get found by search engines too (as they crawl this website) so it's probably advantageous to link where the content was coming from anyway.

But yeah I'd check you're getting discussion from them after posting the first few just to make sure it doesn't look spammy (as mods are quick to delete low quality posts).
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I just don't want to trip any spam rules (again, not that any of my mailing list content is low-quality!)

If the content is useful/informative, I don't see any problem.
I consider spam only if the only real reason for the post is the back link to the website: overly often posted weak articles (or too short fragments of those). I think that it won't be the case.

Even more: if you'd start getting some of those posts removed, then you could start worrying. But not before Wink
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Now for the question - Is it allowed for me for post several weeks-old messages from my mailing list to the forum? These messages are not copy-pasted or even edited from my website and hence are unique but very old content. And obviously since I'm just copying myself it's not plagiarism - I just don't want to trip any spam rules (again, not that any of my mailing list content is low-quality!)
As long as you give source of the article and it has value to the community then I do not see any problem. There are users who just make one a two lines and leave it with a link, seems spam to me but in your case I will looking forward to read instead of just giving the the url and complete the reading there.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
As many of you know, I have a website/blog I post articles on. It has been dormant for a few months, but now I am starting to write more content on them.

I also have a small mailing list where I write more or less about cryptocurrency - educational mails with links back to my website.

Now for the question - Is it allowed for me for post several weeks-old messages from my mailing list to the forum? These messages are not copy-pasted or even edited from my website and hence are unique but very old content. And obviously since I'm just copying myself it's not plagiarism - I just don't want to trip any spam rules (again, not that any of my mailing list content is low-quality!)
Pages:
Jump to: