Pages:
Author

Topic: A rising number of Americans own crypto and nearly 13 million women says study.. - page 2. (Read 629 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
One should understand that at the same time the are good things going on with the US too , people are asking the government to make Bitcoins as important as the other personal goods , the ministers in fact are asking them to consider Bitcoins to be protected by the state !
Therefore I think they are just in a process but not exactly making it difficult for someone to own the Bitcoins.
I mean it will definitely grow.
You're right, I think it's just a precaution to overcome the possibility of using bitcoin for bad things by certain people or parties. The limitation does not mean we have to stop, rather it becomes a trigger for enthusiasm to be more innovative in taking advantage of small opportunities.
Activity: 720
Merit: 103

Since US regulations make it more difficult for citizens to participate in crypto investments the growth shows an underlying interest.
If regulations loosen up in the coming year this could spur growth for the global crypto market.

What do you think?

I think that it is unlikely that something will change in relation to the Americans.They are forbidden to participate in almost all ICO.Generally I do not understand why then buy crypto.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
You should all think how many people who were asked to participate in the survey declined because they did not know what a cryptocurrency is. This would be my reaction if they asked me to participate in a survey. I'd say ok fine and they'd say it's about my opinion about chemo in treatment of children with melanoma. I'd be like  Shocked Huh no thank you I don't have an opinion really.

Those who participated know a lot about crypto. Those who did not declined to take the survey.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
I am very happy to see the results of a survey that says American citizens who have cryptocurrency increased by 81% in one year.
This is a sign that more people are starting to understand that cryptocurrency is the future, with rapid growth in America for sure
there will be an effect globally. I am sure that other countries will also grow rapidly in the ownership of cryptocurrency. And I am
sure American citizens invest more in bitcoin than altcoins. With this, the price of bitcoin can be higher because of its many demand
for bitcoin. I think the price of bitcoin in 2020 can reach $ 20,000 is not just a dream.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 261
It's really good to see so many female holders there are. I was under the impression there were very few females. Even on here I thought there were not many females. I think there are more than we think there are.
That graph has a much larger portion then I thought. Girls don't have such an ego as guys do so maybe we don't hear of it. Though I have always wondered who the people are behind these profiles in the forum.
Where they live and how they live, what pc they use and all that. It shows we really know very little about one another.

"While an increase of people with a cryptocurrency is positive for the industry,
the vast majority of Americans are not investing in digital currencies."

I am not surprised by this. Crypto is not yet mainstream and is something only some people consider. I think the way it is so volatile is one of the main reasons they do not invest.
Then you get people like me who believe that crypto is the future with their whole heart and show so by using crypto more than fiat.
Fiat disgusts me  Tongue

Even I never thought there will be so many female users who are into crypto and as you have mentioned we have no idea who's behind the profiles in this forum so we cannot judge.

Not only Americans but most of the people who don't have clear understanding of crypto will not invest into it as some just think it's like a gamble where you invest and either get profited or end up losing without realizing that crypto never dies. Those who are into crypto like you and me are more into it for it's features and trust that bitcoin will change our lives like it did to many other people during 2017.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
One should understand that at the same time the are good things going on with the US too , people are asking the government to make Bitcoins as important as the other personal goods , the ministers in fact are asking them to consider Bitcoins to be protected by the state !
Therefore I think they are just in a process but not exactly making it difficult for someone to own the Bitcoins.
I mean it will definitely grow.
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
It's really good to see so many female holders there are. I was under the impression there were very few females. Even on here I thought there were not many females. I think there are more than we think there are.
That graph has a much larger portion then I thought. Girls don't have such an ego as guys do so maybe we don't hear of it. Though I have always wondered who the people are behind these profiles in the forum.
Where they live and how they live, what pc they use and all that. It shows we really know very little about one another.

"While an increase of people with a cryptocurrency is positive for the industry,
the vast majority of Americans are not investing in digital currencies."

I am not surprised by this. Crypto is not yet mainstream and is something only some people consider. I think the way it is so volatile is one of the main reasons they do not invest.
Then you get people like me who believe that crypto is the future with their whole heart and show so by using crypto more than fiat.
Fiat disgusts me  Tongue
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Its a significant statistics that encourages us to be more confident with cryptocurrencies. Its a risk-taking act to be involved in crypto but as they say, more risk more income. We cannot say what will happen but definitely we will not know if we woudn't try. Americans are mostly stable citizens that they are not so afraid to invest into crypto. That's one factor that makes the statistics reliable.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
It's just a simple indication that the number of crypto users is growing continuously each year. Americans are known to be risk-takers and they are always open for adoptions so we can't question that. It's a good thing that there are lots of people who are into cryptocurrency. It's beneficial for both crypto and users especially when it comes to investment and mode of payment. I believe that more countries will accept and adopt cryptocurrency in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Since US regulations make it more difficult for citizens to participate in crypto investments the growth shows an underlying interest.
You're obviously not from the states, because it is still legal to invest in bitcoin and everything else except for ico's.  The only regulatory pressure anyone is getting is facebook with libra.  There are also some laws pertaining to exchanges which is why Binance doesn't provide service to all states, but it isn't a nationwide issue.  So it's nowhere near as bad as you think.

people like OP tend to believe whatever lies they read online. it doesn't even have to be from a source like a news site, it may as well be a random comment on a forum. so he might as well be from US but fallen for the FUD.
First you don't know OP so, therefore, you don't know "people like"..

Second the source is quoted and linked so take the time to click and read  -- rather than just spewing nonsense. If you question the methodology of research than put up your supporting facts or sources. 
I doubt that you can predict the price of Bitcoin based on adoption. The volatility proves it's not linear so you really have no clue.

Lastly, many of the investments in crypto for retail investors come from ICOs, IEOs and exchanges. Each of these is more difficult to participate in the US unless you are an accredited investor, 
and many of the projects exclude US participation outright due to regulation and uncertainty.

I would trust the source of the research and quoted data more than your random comment on a forum. And  I am from the US .. all my life.

well i apologize if i judged you too soon but i am talking based on the evidence that i have. you believed a very poorly researched statistic from a site that has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to bitcoin. the resources they use are either not mentioned (a vague statement saying "a survey") or you see they are using other types of poor sources such as coin.dance with false statistics.
to be honest i can not call what this site has done, a "research". it looks to me even worse than a random comment on a forum.
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
The handwriting is clear on the wall for everybody to read, most of us can see what happens when an exchange announces that it won't be catering to US customers anymore, Binance being a very big example of this, they lost so much volume overnight and the BNB coin dropped in price almost overnight, the US is one of the countries with the highest level of gender equality so it's expected that when there are many people involved in Cryptocurrencies, a vast majority of them would be women, I think this survey just proved it that Crypto is heading in the right direction, worldwide adoption is the goal.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆

Americans who own a cryptocurrency has almost doubled from 7.95% in 2018 to 14.4% in 2019, an increase of 81% in one year,
according to a new survey. That means roughly 36.5 million Americans own some form of crypto.
https://www.finder.com/how-many-people-own-cryptocurrency

In addition, the survey by Finder said,
While an increase of people with a cryptocurrency is positive for the industry,
the vast majority of Americans are not investing in digital currencies.

If regulations loosen up in the coming year this could spur growth for the global crypto market.

What do you think?

This chart in particular make sense, as there are really not a lot of women involved in technical fields related to information technology. A lot off women get upset by saying there isn't enough equal opportunities for them in the fields of science and technology but that is entirely unfounded and untrue, these fields really aren't pursued by most women (their own choice). I believe if they were to feminize Bitcoin a little and market it as some sort accessory to money and then push a celebrity like Kim Kardashian to endorse it, you better believe that women from all walks of life would hop all over it like fly's to shit.
     Tried to tell my mother about blockchain and crytpocurrency, she said it would never replace real money (cash) and was a just a speculative fetish for tech boys (boy is she wrong). I promise you if crypto was introduced and marketed through the medium of Facebook's Libra coin, every women on Facebook and Instagram would own cryptocurrency, while it would spread like wildfire overnight.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 634
"CoinPoker.com"
I believe that now that china is trying to lead by example to the great countries that we have, the united states may soft peddle on their regulation as from next year like you rightly said and this will started boost the market too, as we can see how the statement of china president as regards cryptocurrency gave the Chinese people some level of assurance to be able to be a part of cryptocurrency without the government having to be a pain on their neck.

If the US government can do same too, there is every possibility that most of their citizens would want to take advantage of the opportunities that they feel they have been missing as a result of government strict policy on crypto which I know that the US government is now considering giving it full support also.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
This makes sense to me.

Given that trade war between US and China is still on, I expect these numbers to raise even more in 2020.
Activity: 914
Merit: 299
Americans who own a cryptocurrency has almost doubled from 7.95% in 2018 to 14.4% in 2019, an increase of 81% in one year,

Imo, this number seems to be very big and to be honest it sounds more like a made up statistic somebody pulled out of his anus.

I checked the site you referenced, I see no information about the sample (other than size) or the methodology or whatever of the "study" that gave this number or a link to the actual journal where normally real studies are published.

I call BS.
copper member
Activity: 56
Merit: 7
global marketer and strategist
You're obviously not from the states, because it is still legal to invest in bitcoin and everything else except for ico's.  The only regulatory pressure anyone is getting is facebook with libra.  There are also some laws pertaining to exchanges which is why Binance doesn't provide service to all states, but it isn't a nationwide issue.  So it's nowhere near as bad as you think.

people like OP tend to believe whatever lies they read online. it doesn't even have to be from a source like a news site, it may as well be a random comment on a forum. so he might as well be from US but fallen for the FUD.
First you don't know OP so, therefore, you don't know "people like"..

Second the source is quoted and linked so take the time to click and read  -- rather than just spewing nonsense. If you question the methodology of research than put up your supporting facts or sources.  
I doubt that you can predict the price of Bitcoin based on adoption. The volatility proves it's not linear so you really have no clue.

Lastly, many of the investments in crypto for retail investors come from ICOs, IEOs and exchanges. Each of these is more difficult to participate in the US unless you are an accredited investor,  
and many of the projects exclude US participation outright due to regulation and uncertainty.

I would trust the source of the research and quoted data more than your random comment on a forum. And  I am from the US .. all my life.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
Americans need to show government support for cryptocurrencies, after which the adoption of cryptocurrencies will go at a very fast pace. A significant positive impact on the introduction of cryptocurrency in the United States will have the emergence of a national stable coin, as already announced in this government. As soon as the Americans see that the state takes cryptocurrency seriously, they will begin to use it in large quantities.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
You're obviously not from the states, because it is still legal to invest in bitcoin and everything else except for ico's.  The only regulatory pressure anyone is getting is facebook with libra.  There are also some laws pertaining to exchanges which is why Binance doesn't provide service to all states, but it isn't a nationwide issue.  So it's nowhere near as bad as you think.

as for these stats, if it were true then bitcoin price should have been a lot higher than this. a nearly 15% adoption in US alone means price of at least $500k for this limited supply currency! the only reason why it is still at this very low price levels is that the adoption is still around 1%.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
This study is of no use, until it gives the distribution of the Bitcoin ownership. We don't know how much each of these individuals own. 14.4% of the American population is close to 45 million. If each of them owns around BTC0.01 ($94 as per the current exchange rate), then we can assume that BTC450,000 is being held by small-scale cryptocurrency users within the United States. And that sounds quite large for me, considering that the current circulating supply is only around BTC18,000,000.

Basically if the OP will add the accumulation or even the average accumulation of the population this topic will be trusted. For me, the Americans aren't just focusing on bitcoin but to the entire crypto itself, and the rising number of the population who owns crypto is a significance of huge cryptocurrency market adoption that will yield to increase in market price. With regards to the 450,000BTC, I am pretty sure there's some whales already having huge volume of BTC in America in these case, the population isn't necessary.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
If the survey is such an authentic one without any manipulations, then the data is a very impressive one. In spite the government regulations and restrictions concerning cryptocurrencies,there is still such demand for cryptocurrencies.
But then again this data is not trustworthy, there is no proof backing it.
Pages:
Jump to: