Pages:
Author

Topic: A SHIFT FROM ICO TO IEO - page 2. (Read 7349 times)

Activity: 573
Merit: 11
July 20, 2019, 05:24:51 PM
For sometime now all the upcoming cryptocurrencies are making a paradigm shift in our old ICO format and trying to do IEOs first. I know it's one of the best remedies for them even on this hard times in cryptocurrency markets. I want to know that is this going to help the upcoming coins or not?

Also is it that they want to just make their monies and run away because now they think the easiest way to make people buy their coins is to do an IEO??

Yes, there has been a paradigm shift from the old way of raising fund know as ICO to IEO but I don't really see much difference about this new method. The only difference is that ICOs are being run on project platform while IEO are being organized on exchanges. IEO will surely help the real projects to develop in the future while it will only help the bad ones to scam people and run away with their money.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
July 20, 2019, 05:15:07 PM
This has been a great shift from ICO to IEO and I must say that IEOs are performing incredible now than the former. You could also see that projects under IEOs are faster and convenient.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
July 20, 2019, 04:08:02 PM
Looking at IEOs or rather projects that has taken the IEO path in major exchanges, they tend to sell out fast thereby getting the needed funds to run their project. So, banking on this, I think the shit from ICO to IEO is a profitable one and will likely last more than ICO.
Activity: 899
Merit: 101
July 20, 2019, 03:00:39 PM
IEO is the new trend now and I have realized projects that did not get successful with the ICO are now doing IEO. Its a good idea and I believe it will help the upcoming projects. A lot of people are also embracing this new trend.
don't hope too much on IEO, after its be new trend ,nwe havow many unqualified IEO in small exchanges.i see it in several exchanges, and they could not collect minimal fund to run their projects.we have to pick IEO in exchanges that have good history.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6
July 20, 2019, 02:56:03 PM
For sometime now all the upcoming cryptocurrencies are making a paradigm shift in our old ICO format and trying to do IEOs first. I know it's one of the best remedies for them even on this hard times in cryptocurrency markets. I want to know that is this going to help the upcoming coins or not?

Also is it that they want to just make their monies and run away because now they think the easiest way to make people buy their coins is to do an IEO??
IEO is the easiest way to get listed on exchange + raise the funds, it is a complicated thing, but from marketing point of view IEO much more profitable. And as we can see there are only few projects are trying to do regular ICO and i think listing can be the problem for them, because IEO is the way of raising money not only for projects, but for exchanges too...
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 20, 2019, 02:51:39 PM
Nobody talks about investing in ICO anymore since everyone drifted to IEO. Even some projects which did ICO in the past started doing IEO and many have been successful via that means. Well, a project doing IEO doesn't necessarily mean that the token sale will be successful, it depends on the exchange running the IEO too. You can't compare how fast an IEO held on Binance launchpad sells out fast with that held on Cobinhood, just for example.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
July 20, 2019, 02:44:11 PM
IEO is the new trend now and I have realized projects that did not get successful with the ICO are now doing IEO. Its a good idea and I believe it will help the upcoming projects. A lot of people are also embracing this new trend.
Activity: 783
Merit: 108
July 20, 2019, 01:09:02 PM

The IEO is like a gambling game, people are no longer interested in the quality of the IEO, they just hope to be able to buy IEO and x5 x10 x20 assets.
IEO is really not good, it only creates garbage for crypto. Most IEO can only trade for a short time and will soon be forgotten and die slowly.
Activity: 602
Merit: 254
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
July 20, 2019, 10:17:12 AM

The main advantage of IEO is obvious - tokens are immediately listed on the exchange and security is much higher. But there are plenty of minuses as well, at least a very dubious scheme of implementation - it’s hard for almost all projects to get into an ordinary person, people write scripts! In ICO, this was not and everything was visible in the public domain!
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
July 20, 2019, 10:03:01 AM

The launch of IEO is mostly due to the bearish market and lack of investors willing to buy from an ICO after various fake ICOs, IEOs is providing an alternative to ICO whereby a token get listed for trading sooner than it used to be with ICOs, and investors also tend to rely on the reputation of the exchange listing.
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
July 20, 2019, 09:56:38 AM
You are right, the easiest way is to do an IEO on a big exchange, because there is so much hype around IEOs at the moment and I think it is pretty disappointing. Even a shitcoin with enough funds can hold an IEO on Binance and will be traded at x10 after the token sale.
Which project is listed in binance as shitcoin? You should remember that not all projects are eligible for selection. The project must meet many requirements from binance and only really good projects are selected
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
July 20, 2019, 08:05:20 AM
There are not really hard times in the crypto-market. The hard times are only for the low valued shitcoins which don't have any future. IEO/ICO/STO are all the branches of the same tree. They wouldn't make a big difference. There will be literally a word that will be changed, the way of operations still remain the same.

Exactly!
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
July 20, 2019, 07:56:59 AM
I think the main point on ICO and IEO are still the same on formatting on selling tokens but IEO are using exchanges to sell all the tokens while ICO just need to send on the website or send on the contract address which for me on security IEO is great
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
July 19, 2019, 08:07:01 AM
Well, as we all know that the reputation of ICO was really on its lowest level due to many irregularities after 2017.  Loopholes were abused by scammers which made the investors scared to support projects even it is kinda promising.
Then here is the new IEO which offers assurance that scammers will not be entertained on their platform so I think there is no reason why we should not try IEO. As long as the reputation of the exchange platform is okay then we are safe.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
July 19, 2019, 07:56:04 AM
In my own opinion regarding shifting from ICO to IEO, I can say that it really does make sense. To be honest, ICO has gone in a bad reputation after the boom in 2017 along with Bitcoin rallying to it’s all-time high. ICOs really contributed so far in the rise of cryptocurrencies last 2017, especially that most of them are running under the Ethereum blockchain.

However, ICOs are unregulated and scams are on the rise. I’ve experienced that with most of the investors in investing to some ICOs without doing our homework. But I was a newbie back then.

And here comes IEO. Of course, they have this so-called launchpad where startups can run their token sale through them in exchange of paying them listing fee plus commission on the total sales they have. The only risk for us in participating to IEOs is if the exchange isn’t reputable and trusted.

I would suggest staying away from IEOs whose exchanges are unproven. I would go for launchpads like Binance, LAToken, Tokpie, Sistemkoin, etc. Just my two cents.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
July 19, 2019, 07:46:30 AM

If these low projects can do an IEO in exchange, we can only blame the exchange where they held their ICO, the burden now is on the exchange, they should be more strict, and not let this low project to use their platform to scam people, or they will lose repuation.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
July 19, 2019, 07:42:47 AM
New version means improved , advanced and secure. IEO is the new version which will make the scammers to rub their hands and gain nothing.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Kuvacash.com
July 19, 2019, 07:16:37 AM
I think the sudden appearance of IEO is an escape route for ICO's which in general was already declining in value and patronage.
IEO's seems to be a better alternative to ICO's and it is already gaining the interest of investors.
I hope the Exchanges make it extremely  difficult for scam project(s) to get listed.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 250
http://unidapp.app
July 19, 2019, 06:55:03 AM
Because IEO is more safer than ICO and more faster and it will keep investor safer from scammers

maybe thats right mate
but, remember the purpose from ICO and IEO is same, wich mean both just a method to collecting money from investors
so, people should do their best research before buy an IEO project

IEO will still be at risk if you do not have the choice when it comes to investment and many recent IEO projects are having lower prices than the original and that makes IEO projects at small exchanges not attract new investors. I believe that the IEO is the best solution to make more profit but you need to have a specific strategy to do it because big projects depend a lot on luck.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
July 19, 2019, 06:07:30 AM
the IEO concept is very good, but it has weaknesses if there is a fraud or market where the launchpad token is damaged or hacked, then everything can disappear in an instant.
Pages:
Jump to: