Pages:
Author

Topic: A year from now (2013/04/15) - page 3. (Read 8160 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 18, 2012, 08:04:00 AM
Supply of fresh btc to the market will be lowered, miners, who pay electricity will try to compensate their lowered income by raising the price, speculators and outsiders will think this price bump is the sign they were waiting to buy before another 30$ peak so people will buy and hold to their btc as everybody who has btc will be hoping btc will rise more. Expectations may cause short term jumps,  total market is shallow (30-40 million ?) .

Or, miners running a loss will leave, and difficulty will adjust as such  Tongue

At a guess for this time next year, I'd say $7-10, assuming there's not another huge disaster like the mtgox hack.

At the end of the day, bitcoin has some very popular uses (money laundering, contraband, tax evasion, sending money overseas for no fee, sales without risking chargebacks) and I think services like bit-pay have a very promising future.
What we need to do is make it easier for merchants to accept bitcoin payments and get paid in the currency of their choice. Bit-pay is good, but it's still US-only (or was the last time I looked).
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
April 18, 2012, 07:49:16 AM
I think btc price will definitely rise after december and demand might just push it above 20 in february or so, It helps when your wife is an economist Smiley

Why should that be the case?  It might happen, but there are reasons to think the price won't go up after the reward halving.

miners have little impact on the market right now, they will have half that impact after the reward halving. that is all

Supply of fresh btc to the market will be lowered, miners, who pay electricity will try to compensate their lowered income by raising the price, speculators and outsiders will think this price bump is the sign they were waiting to buy before another 30$ peak so people will buy and hold to their btc as everybody who has btc will be hoping btc will rise more. Expectations may cause short term jumps,  total market is shallow (30-40 million ?) .

but of course it's impossible to predict future, mtgox might get stomped upon by some government or banks in the meantime so trust in bitcoin might go down with the price, or someone might decide to attack Iran and gold, oil will jump and everyone may forget about bitcoin for a while, aliens might invade earth and vaporize our rigs , some huge vendor might start to accept bitcoin, then it will go up. If nothing weird happens it will go up I think Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
April 17, 2012, 07:14:14 PM
I hear a lot about "acceptance bitcoin." But I think it has already taken place. I think the price will vary throughout the year. In the range of $ 3 ...  8 (if it will not "blast" advertising and "Google has invested in the project") Here's my prediction. The best way for the development (successful) of the project.
i let this in here

Is that Daniel Radcliffe?
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
April 17, 2012, 04:07:26 PM
I predict $15-$35 a year from now.

$10+ for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
April 17, 2012, 03:56:20 PM
I predict $15-$35 a year from now.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
April 17, 2012, 03:16:38 PM
I think btc price will definitely rise after december and demand might just push it above 20 in february or so, It helps when your wife is an economist Smiley

Why should that be the case?  It might happen, but there are reasons to think the price won't go up after the reward halving.

miners have little impact on the market right now, they will have half that impact after the reward halving. that is all

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
April 17, 2012, 11:51:54 AM

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
April 17, 2012, 11:47:22 AM
I hear a lot about "acceptance bitcoin." But I think it has already taken place. I think the price will vary throughout the year. In the range of $ 3 ...  8 (if it will not "blast" advertising and "Google has invested in the project") Here's my prediction. The best way for the development (successful) of the project.
i let this in here

Battlefield earth there needs a haircut...  god...

First you tell us you work for a Fortune 500 co. and now you're freaked out by long hair ?

The picture is getting clearer by the minute  Grin

Cheesy

FYI my hair are almost as long as that, should I dread them to fit your stereotypes better?

Just wash it once a week maybe? So people will be less afraid of getting lice.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
April 17, 2012, 11:24:48 AM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
April 17, 2012, 10:54:12 AM
Can you guys please stop quoting him?
kthx
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
April 17, 2012, 10:23:42 AM
it is difficult to predict timings, but in terms of price, I predict bitcoin will have exceeded 32 $ within the next 12 months.

What are you basing this prediction on?
wave 1 + fibo

Not impressed.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
April 16, 2012, 09:07:41 PM
it is difficult to predict timings, but in terms of price, I predict bitcoin will have exceeded 32 $ within the next 12 months.

What are you basing this prediction on?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
April 15, 2012, 07:12:19 PM
Positive brings Positive.

Hell yeah.

Stop thinking what bitcoin can do for you, instead think what you can do for bitcion.  Cheesy

That's kind of a false dichotomy. If you figure out how Bitcoin can help you then you will do much better and have much more to offer. If you pour yourself into 'the good of Bitcoin" you'll run out eventually even if you are totally self-sacrificing. Profit is sustainable, loss is not.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
April 15, 2012, 04:24:39 PM
long term I'm bullish, as is everyone else here it would seem to be

but 1 years isn't long term.

I think this year we wont be seeing any crazy bubbles, but we will see a slow and very much not steady rise, i would say the best strategy would be to support bitcions by using it. play games where the bitcoin has become part of it's economy. I know diablo3 will play a key role in bringing bitcoin to gamers (because in hardcore mode their will not be an auction house for real money). come Xmas time, buy gifts using bitcoin. If you smoke then considered saving money by buying European cigarettes for bitcoin.

Positive brings Positive.
Stop thinking what bitcoin can do for you, instead think what you can do for bitcion.  Cheesy
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
April 15, 2012, 03:22:58 PM
I predict double digits by this time next year.

A few reasons:
The reward getting cut in half.
The new tools and enhancements to existing ones that will be developed.
The new merchants that start accepting bitcoin.
The new people that haven't been exposed to bitcoins getting involved.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
April 15, 2012, 02:39:28 PM
I am guessing surely over $10 by this time next year.

$10 is almost a given, I think, after the reward drop in December.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
April 15, 2012, 02:28:03 PM
Double digits for sure. I'll guess $16.
double digits. prediction enshrined.
the usual suspects.
you care to explain yourself?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
April 15, 2012, 02:24:26 PM
Double digits for sure. I'll guess $16.
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
April 15, 2012, 02:03:07 PM
Double digit for sure when you start to see alot more places accepting bitcoins, I don't mind the single digit so I can accumulate alot more and be part of the 1%, If I can easily pay all my bills using my bitcoins then I can say that bitcoins will be worth over 20. So developers make me a debit card that will do that and let the rally begin Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
April 15, 2012, 02:00:43 PM
I predict that a year from now the bitcoin price will be in the single digits.  I just want to enshrine this prediction in its own thread.  I hope somebody remembers to dig this up a year from now.  In the meantime I hope to take advantage of the next bitcoin bubble.  My the odds be ever in my favor.

I hope someone digs it up too.
Pages:
Jump to: