Pages:
Author

Topic: Abolish the Merit system and bounty threads - page 3. (Read 601 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
October 26, 2022, 03:14:11 AM
Back when I first started reading, legendary status used to mean something, it meant that poster had something useful to contribute. Now it just means they merited themselves with an alt or they bought sMErits online and they spammed the forum enough times.
What are you talking about? "Back in your day" before implementtation of merit system it was exactly the opposite, as all you had to is post 1 meaningless oneliner shitpost post per day for ~3 years in order to reach Legendary rank, while now you actually have to write meaningful (to some degree) post in order to reach higher ranks.

The thing that grinds my gears the most is that there are legendary accounts with a join date of less than a year ago
Impossible to happen as you still need to meet activity requirement, no matter how many merits you have.

and here's my account which is operated by a normal user, who has contributed to actual discussion about actual real issues since 2015 with a Senior member level LOL!
Since your activity is below Legendary requirement (775), first thing that you would have to change is to post more consistently and you might reach Legendary rank, evenbtually.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
October 26, 2022, 03:06:57 AM
The laughable state of this forum, I've been reading this website since at least 2014, most active during 2015-2016 and the website is just unreadable at this point. 99% of the posts are from bounty hunter spammers

Too many Legendary accounts!
There seem to be hundreds of legendary accounts and they have all got there through some sort of merit cartel as far as I can see. just spam enough pointless repetitive posts to get to legendary status? Back when I first started reading, legendary status used to mean something, it meant that poster had something useful to contribute. Now it just means they merited themselves with an alt or they bought sMErits online and they spammed the forum enough times.

The thing that grinds my gears the most is that there are legendary accounts with a join date of less than a year ago, and here's my account which is operated by a normal user, who has contributed to actual discussion about actual real issues since 2015 with a Senior member level LOL!

the site admin should abolish all this corrupt nonsense and just have ads, that means its a level playing field and no corruption. You still make money. You think having thousands of beggars making pointless posts will make the forum better? this is now a low quality forum with low quality users.
Pages:
Jump to: