Pages:
Author

Topic: Abort Cryptsy - page 5. (Read 14458 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
May 24, 2013, 05:30:47 PM
ok, everything is cool now, he removed my coin from the exchange, he has agreed to give us a week to get our coin to grow up a lil YAY!!!!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I forgot where I put my wallet.dat
May 24, 2013, 05:27:04 PM
Cryptsy is what happens when people with shit for programming skills whip together a complete turd of an exchange overnight. Everything about the site is just awful.

Seriously man, the guy has skills, the exchange works fine. It's not the most beautiful creation but devs normally aren't designers as well.

And it doesn't have a god awful troll box lol
legendary
Activity: 1311
May 24, 2013, 05:25:06 PM
Cryptsy is what happens when people with shit for programming skills whip together a complete turd of an exchange overnight. Everything about the site is just awful.

Seriously man, the guy has skills, the exchange works fine. It's not the most beautiful creation but devs normally aren't designers as well.
May 24, 2013, 05:23:43 PM
The market dictated the value of the coins. Vern simply instituted the mechanism for trading said coins. All the coins added since launch were due to petitioning by miners and/or coin developers and supporters. During beta there wasn't a single coin on the exchange that he didn't have a pool for. A free pool mind you. Of course bag holders are going to be upset when their coin-of-the-week gets massively devalued, penny stock holders probably feel the same way when their investments fall through. The market is decided by... the market. And as stated earlier, if a coin has merit it will survive. Of course, it's always easy to find when you look hard enough.

Ok, the buyers and sellers of certain coins agree to an average of 1 btc per thousand, they trade for 3 days at that price, then the moment it pops up on cryptsy, the buy orders are all of a sudden 100k for 1btc? in the space of 5 minutes? Maybe i'm a monkey on a keyboard then and my mining rigs are piles of bananas

If people are willing to sell at that price, then unless the medium used to facilitate the exchange somehow brained wash them, the fault would lie with the seller... more so even than the person placing the buy order. Let alone the medium used for the exchange. I have coins on Cryptsy, but have found it no more necessary to sell low than I do on BTC-E or Gox. The fact that others do does not put anyone or anything at fault but themselves for being manipulated. Or the scammer setting the low buy orders. A free market is not a democracy where a few individuals can sit back and dictate a pricing structure which everyone else must adhere to.
legendary
May 24, 2013, 05:20:26 PM

I think that was snark, not a straight statement.

OK well it just pisses me off when I see DDoS as a solution.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
May 24, 2013, 05:18:18 PM

Let's face it. We don't like Cryptsy because make us to Dump to soon.

If you're really worried DDoS them. Or we can collect bounties so they don't put the coin into the exchange.

Who is 'We"? This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen posted. And you would resort to crime to support misguided beliefs. Truly pathetic.

I think that was snark, not a straight statement.
legendary
May 24, 2013, 05:15:08 PM

you just simplified this equation
legendary
May 24, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

If you're really worried DDoS them. Or we can collect bounties so they don't put the coin into the exchange.

Who is 'We"? This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen posted. And you would resort to crime to support misguided beliefs. Truly pathetic.
legendary
May 24, 2013, 05:12:57 PM
The market dictated the value of the coins. Vern simply instituted the mechanism for trading said coins. All the coins added since launch were due to petitioning by miners and/or coin developers and supporters. During beta there wasn't a single coin on the exchange that he didn't have a pool for. A free pool mind you. Of course bag holders are going to be upset when their coin-of-the-week gets massively devalued, penny stock holders probably feel the same way when their investments fall through. The market is decided by... the market. And as stated earlier, if a coin has merit it will survive. Of course, it's always easy to find when you look hard enough.

Ok, the buyers and sellers of certain coins agree to an average of 1 btc per thousand, they trade for 3 days at that price, then the moment it pops up on cryptsy, the buy orders are all of a sudden 100k for 1btc? in the space of 5 minutes? Maybe i'm a monkey on a keyboard then and my mining rigs are piles of bananas
Activity: 182
May 24, 2013, 05:10:53 PM

THe name is alright I think Smiley

that's it.
Activity: 224
May 24, 2013, 05:08:44 PM
legendary
May 24, 2013, 05:08:22 PM
I have watched the progress of this new "exchange", in short, alt coin miners are getting duped and they are falling for it. Have you looked at the standing buy orders for every new coin? they are all the same price asking for similar amounts. That site is rigged to make sure alt coins fail by devaluing them. We are the suppliers, ergo we have a say in the price, i motion we drop that site off the forum completely and ignore them until they get serious, my word, in 3 days they killed 6 alt coins that actually were gaining a following.

true, ddos huh?
May 24, 2013, 05:08:15 PM
The market dictated the value of the coins. Vern simply instituted the mechanism for trading said coins. All the coins added since launch were due to petitioning by miners and/or coin developers and supporters. During beta there wasn't a single coin on the exchange that he didn't have a pool for. A free pool mind you. Of course bag holders are going to be upset when their coin-of-the-week gets massively devalued, penny stock holders probably feel the same way when their investments fall through. The market is decided by... the market. And as stated earlier, if a coin has merit it will survive. Of course, it's always easy to find fault when you look hard enough.
Activity: 784
May 24, 2013, 05:06:11 PM
I have watched the progress of this new "exchange", in short, alt coin miners are getting duped and they are falling for it. Have you looked at the standing buy orders for every new coin? they are all the same price asking for similar amounts. That site is rigged to make sure alt coins fail by devaluing them. We are the suppliers, ergo we have a say in the price, i motion we drop that site off the forum completely and ignore them until they get serious, my word, in 3 days they killed 6 alt coins that actually were gaining a following.

legendary
May 24, 2013, 05:02:38 PM
You argue that Cryptsy is setup to make alt-coins fail by devaluing them. But it's run by someone who runs a ton of alt-coin pools. Where's the benefit?

Big Vern stands to gain by successful alt-coins. That means more people mining, more profit from pools (even though it's donation-only), higher trade-values and volumes from successful coins on the exchange will net higher fees. Everything is set up in such a way that Big Vern benefits from strong alt-coins. So why would his exchange be set up to make them fail?

the hand that feeds can also be the hand that punishes
legendary
May 24, 2013, 05:01:39 PM

This ^^ if i charge you 3% of everything you mine, you and a thousand other people, i would never need to mine again. Let alone when i have an exchange. The buy orders are bogus, and to prove a point, once my btc gets confirmed, i'm going to help rob people blind today.

You don't know what the heck you are talking about. All of his pools are donation driven - that's a 0% fee if you didn't understand.

please open the transaction history on any of the websites you mine on, you'll fid that even if you specify 0% donation and the pool is free, deductions are still made. get your ducks in a row man.
Activity: 728
May 24, 2013, 05:00:17 PM
You argue that Cryptsy is setup to make alt-coins fail by devaluing them. But it's run by someone who runs a ton of alt-coin pools. Where's the benefit?

Big Vern stands to gain by successful alt-coins. That means more people mining, more profit from pools (even though it's donation-only), higher trade-values and volumes from successful coins on the exchange will net higher fees. Everything is set up in such a way that Big Vern benefits from strong alt-coins. So why would his exchange be set up to make them fail?
Activity: 840
May 24, 2013, 04:59:47 PM
Plus running a pool is not a cakewalk. Sure it's easy to set one up but with the way pools get DDoSed here upkeep and mitigation is costly. If you think pool ops are raking in the $$$$ you are wrong, maybe a few big ones are like BTCGuild but it took them years to get there.
legendary
May 24, 2013, 04:56:40 PM

This ^^ if i charge you 3% of everything you mine, you and a thousand other people, i would never need to mine again. Let alone when i have an exchange. The buy orders are bogus, and to prove a point, once my btc gets confirmed, i'm going to help rob people blind today.

You don't know what the heck you are talking about. All of his pools are donation driven - that's a 0% fee if you didn't understand.
legendary
May 24, 2013, 04:51:55 PM

I'm calling BS on this. Big Vern is probably one of the largest supporters of ALT coins with a large number of pools and an exchange. There are too many coins for this community to support them all. It's not Cryptsy's fault and is actually a nice exchange.

Pages:
Jump to: