Pages:
Author

Topic: About Armory and the blockchain - page 2. (Read 544 times)

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345
diamond-handed zealot
February 16, 2018, 12:36:10 PM
pretty sure "Bitcoin Install Dir" should be C:\Program Files\Bitcoin

or, as droark suggested, navigate to C:\users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming\Armory and create a file "armoryqt.conf" containing the lines

Code:
satoshi-datadir="H:\Blockchain Core"

datadir="path to wherever you want armory to store its database"
(be sure to pay attention when saving it and not save it as armoryqt.conf.txt like I did)  Tongue

and then uncheck that box "let armory etc."
Activity: 525
Merit: 282
February 16, 2018, 11:59:22 AM
Bitcoin Install Dir is wrong but you should turn off Armory's management of Core anyway and run Core manually. If you have armoryqt.conf and it's working properly, that should do the trick.
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
February 16, 2018, 08:25:04 AM
As you can see, Armory is running but is actually doing nothing. If I try to close Armory, Windows tells me it crashed:

I found out a way to avoid this behavior: when this message appears:

... do nothing, until the next message appears:

Armory is displaying your balance then and doesn't crash when you quit. It is stille telling you beeing offline. Although I tried all 4 possible configurations:
First, leaving both fields empty:

Second, leaving only the "Bitcoin Homedir" empty:

Third, leaving only the "Bitcoin Installdir" empty:

Fourth, leaving none empty:

In any case Armory tells you beeing offline.

I don't know what to do. Sad
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
February 10, 2018, 06:32:58 PM
dude...I know

deep breaths man
February 10, 2018, 06:18:42 PM
Why must it be that fucking complicated?!
February 09, 2018, 07:15:22 AM
Now I see what you mean by "downgrade". I started Armory via a link pointing to the old directory. Therefore, the log displayed different version numbers. I have corrected that now.

At the moment I start Armory (now the shortcut points to the right file) via a shortcut without any parameters. I tried it with the parameter --satoshi-datadir = "G:\Blockchain Core". Previously, this provoked an error message, but last, it simply had no effect (without displaying an error message).

Therefore, I have now tried to set the blockchain directory via the Armory configuration file. I saved the line:
Code:
satoshi-datadir="G:\Blockchain Core"
in the file "armoryqt.conf" which I saved in the default configuration directory of Armory:
Code:
~/Armory
This too had no effect.

I would like to start Armory via a shortcut without any parameters and save the parameters in a configuration file instead. As I read here, you can do that with the file "armoryqt.conf". But since the file does not exist by default, I'm not sure what it has to look like and where to store it.

I would also like to change the database directory of Armory too and would like to know if I also have to create/change the configuration file "armorydb.conf" and how it should look like. (It's a pitty that the information of the above link are very confusing me.)

Do you need the new "armorylog.txt"?
February 08, 2018, 01:11:18 PM
I don't downgrade anything!

The log starts at v0.96.3 and then reverts to v0.96. If you really have upgraded, you're sending the wrong log somehow.

I didn't check the checkbox "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core/bitcoind in the background". So why Armory is looking for the blockchain in "G:\Blockchain"?!

How exactly are you actually invoking Armory?
February 08, 2018, 08:45:18 AM
I don't downgrade anything!

I didn't check the checkbox "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core/bitcoind in the background". So why Armory is looking for the blockchain in "G:\Blockchain"?!
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
February 07, 2018, 02:38:22 PM
1) Don't downgrade. Upgrade.

2)  G:\Blockchain. This folder either does not exists, or you have not given your user account the privileges to read/write in it.
February 07, 2018, 01:18:11 PM
You can view the full armorylog.txt here: https://pastebin.com/R60JDX0s
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
February 06, 2018, 10:30:21 AM
Post the full armorylog.txt
February 06, 2018, 04:37:02 AM
Do you mean this file:
Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3716 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
(ERROR) qtdialogs.pyc:3561 - User did not accept the EULA
(WARNING) ArmoryQt.py:262 - Armory startup was aborted.  Closing.
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3716 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
(ERROR) qtdialogs.pyc:3561 - User did not accept the EULA
(WARNING) ArmoryQt.py:262 - Armory startup was aborted.  Closing.
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:1862 - Failed to setup SDM
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1857, in startBitcoindIfNecessary
  File "SDM.pyc", line 188, in setupSDM
BitcoindError: bitcoind not found
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:396 - Spawning DB with command: ./ArmoryDB.exe --db-type="DB_FULL" --cookie --datadir="C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming\Armory\" --dbdir="C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases"
(ERROR) BDM.pyc:199 - DB error: C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming/Bitcoin/blocks is not a valid path
(ERROR) BDM.pyc:199 - DB error: C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming/Bitcoin/blocks is not a valid path
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:5951 - Socket already in use.  Sent CLI args to existing proc.
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:5952 - Exiting...
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:439 - Spawning bitcoind with command: C:\Andreas\Programme\bitcoin-0.15.0\bin\bitcoind.exe -datadir=G:\Blockchain -dbcache=1000
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:439 - Spawning bitcoind with command: C:\Andreas\Programme\bitcoin-0.15.0\bin\bitcoind.exe -datadir=G:\Blockchain -dbcache=1000
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:396 - Spawning DB with command: ./ArmoryDB.exe --db-type="DB_FULL" --cookie --satoshi-datadir="G:\Blockchain\blocks" --datadir="C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming\Armory\" --dbdir="C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases"
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:396 - Spawning DB with command: ./ArmoryDB.exe --db-type="DB_FULL" --cookie --satoshi-datadir="G:\Blockchain\blocks" --datadir="C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming\Armory\" --dbdir="C:\Users\Andreas\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases"
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:1198 - 3 attempts to load blockchain failed.  Remove mempool.bin.
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:1203 - File mempool.bin does not exist. Nothing deleted.

I'm confused
I use the "portable" version that comes with the zip file.
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
February 05, 2018, 09:57:55 PM
Bitcoin Core (not installed) tells me "blockchain load complete".

I'm confused
February 05, 2018, 08:16:58 PM
Are you absolutely sure you're invoking satoshi-datadir correctly and pointing it to the correct location? Can you please post your logs?
February 05, 2018, 07:25:17 PM
No matter what I do, Armory keeps saying he couldn't spawn the DB. The error log says absolutely nothing. Keeps Armory looking for the blockchain in the wrong directory? Why? "satoshi-datadir" does also not work, although Bitcoin Core (not installed) tells me "blockchain load complete".
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
January 23, 2018, 01:30:16 PM
Does it matter whether Bitcoin Core is running or not while Armory runs? The blockchain would not become updated if not.

the recommended method is to uncheck "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core/bitcoind in the background" under file/settings and then have core running and synced when you launch Armory.
January 23, 2018, 09:25:00 AM
Does it matter whether Bitcoin Core is running or not while Armory runs? The blockchain would not become updated if not.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009
January 21, 2018, 05:39:33 PM
The problem is: I don't really know, what matters, so I'm unable to give any more specific information. No, I'm on a Windows machine and I'm using the portable versions of both of them, Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Armory.

I have something in mind, getting a sample configuration, step by step, in text form, how to set up the environment not using the default data locations, becaus due to having a small SSD running in my machine, using the default locations is not an option for me. I have to put them on an external drive.

Run Bitcoin Core manually and Armory doesn't need to know where the "Bitcoin install directory" is, only where the block chain data is located.

Start Bitcoin Core, let it sync fully, then start Armory. Pretty easy.

Use a config file in the Armory folder (armoryqt.conf) to specify where your block chain is located. Example: satoshi-datadir=D:\Bitcoin

Put the Armory database in the same place if you want. Example: dbdir=D:\Armory
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
January 21, 2018, 04:01:16 PM
due to having a small SSD running in my machine, using the default locations is not an option for me. I have to put them on an external drive.

This is a very common problem and one, in my opinion, Core could have made easier to manage.  Who, in this day and age, loads their C: with untold GB of application data??  I share your frustration with that.

You have probably seen it but here is a primer on getting the big folder off your SSD.

https://bitzuma.com/posts/moving-the-bitcoin-core-data-directory/
January 21, 2018, 03:51:10 PM
The problem is: I don't really know, what matters, so I'm unable to give any more specific information. No, I'm on a Windows machine and I'm using the portable versions of both of them, Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Armory.

I have something in mind, getting a sample configuration, step by step, in text form, how to set up the environment not using the default data locations, becaus due to having a small SSD running in my machine, using the default locations is not an option for me. I have to put them on an external drive.
Pages:
Jump to: