Pages:
Author

Topic: About Bitcoin Foundation: Who is Lindsay Holland w/ $160k salary - $13k/month - page 2. (Read 4940 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

Anyone with a brain knows this dumb broad Lindsay Holland did nothing for that salary, other than maybe sexual favors.

Does any intelligent person still think this a reasonable discussion?  No? Good.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
I believe she left the Foundation partly because of annoying misogynistic Internet trolls like the ones found in this very thread....
And it was a shame. She was one of those people who turns ideas into action and gets the job done. She was one of the most competent bitcoiners I have met.

lel get a room.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100

annoying misogynistic Internet trolls

As if women in tech and affirmative action hasn't been cancerous enough.

but Galvin andresen has always the reason, he told me
Activity: 674
Scam Foundation, Cody Wilson wanted to dismantle it for good reason.

Anyone with a brain knows this dumb broad Lindsay Holland did nothing for that salary, other than maybe sexual favors.

Also Gavin confirmed for beta white-knight

annoying misogynistic Internet trolls

As if women in tech and affirmative action hasn't been cancerous enough.
Activity: 658
Merit: 1003
I believe she left the Foundation partly because of annoying misogynistic Internet trolls like the ones found in this very thread....
And it was a shame. She was one of those people who turns ideas into action and gets the job done. She was one of the most competent bitcoiners I have met.

Now I underestand 13K/month

you only knew few bitcoiners, right?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!

Did she sell all her Bitcoins in disgust?  After she quit the Bitcoin foundation because of all the h8r5, i mean?
Not sure? My guess is she still uses them.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Did she sell all her Bitcoins in disgust?  After she quit the Bitcoin foundation because of all the h8r5, i mean?
I could understand how the Bitcoin community could be a turnoff tho, she probably did the right thing by quitting. 
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
Activity: 714
I want her job!

How much do you want per month? 13k dollars or more? Why didn't they (all member) receive bitcoin isntead of dollars? Come on guys it is a bitcoin foundation,  not a dollar foundation.
Activity: 588

The "funny" is that all who were in the Bitcoin Foundation knew this was going directly to bankruptcy and corruption that was in it ... But that did not stop them from collecting their high salaries while being silent ... until there was no money and coincidentally it is when everything comes to light.
Brother And I will not talk because I get angry .... let's say a guy that his company spends the day falsifying trading volume BTC.

Just when Lindsay's salary went from 160k to almost nothing.. she dissappears, left Bitcoin Fundation because the Bitcoiners that are evil and sexist. But of course, its the bitcoiners fault who are too sexist. WTF

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etheopenledger%2Ecom%3A80%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F04%2Fstrategicproposal-150406210922-conversion-gate01%2Epptx&wdSlideId=265&wdModeSwitchTime=1428408909147

Lol what a joke. It's specially annoying seeing MARK KARPELES on there. That guy is one of the biggest scammers of all time.

No words...  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Lol what a joke. It's specially annoying seeing MARK KARPELES on there. That guy is one of the biggest scammers of all time.

It's super hard to live on $160k/year.  One really has to scrimp & save, but doing without doesn't have to be depressing.
Find out how Lindsay managed to make frugality fun on http://www.practicallypoppy.com/ Smiley
Activity: 714
Secretary work?

Lindsay WAS the Foundation at the beginning, and did EVERYTHING (including single-handedly organizing the San Jose conference).

She, like me, got a huge salary boost because the Foundation's original policy was to set the exchange rate for paying salaries once per quarter. That policy changed pretty quickly (neither Lindsay or I had any influence on our own salaries or the policies for how they were paid) to "use the CoinDesk price index on payday."

You have to remember that even simple things like "which exchange rate should be used to pay employees" didn't have simple answers back then (nobody had created a cross-exchange, volume-weighted price index).

Are you serious? 160'000 dollars ... that is a very "fraud" I can make as secretary for less than 160'000  Roll Eyes. However good luck with your project, the bitcoin is not more "decentralized" as satoshi said in the first day of this experiment.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

yeah sure @ 160k I'm guessin most normal people would put up with (or simply ignore) a few internet trolls  Kiss
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Why would internet trolls cause her to leave her job? I'd take any stick justified or unjust it up if I was on that much. I'm not sure why people care how much she was earning because it's not like it comes out of our pocket. The bitcoin foundation can do what it wants for all I care.
Lindsay WAS the Foundation at the beginning, and did EVERYTHING ...

She ... got a huge salary boost because the Foundation's original policy ...

I see what you did there Cheesy

Secretary work?

Lindsay WAS the Foundation at the beginning, and did EVERYTHING (including single-handedly organizing the San Jose conference).

She, like me, got a huge salary boost because the Foundation's original policy was to set the exchange rate for paying salaries once per quarter. That policy changed pretty quickly (neither Lindsay or I had any influence on our own salaries or the policies for how they were paid) to "use the CoinDesk price index on payday."

You have to remember that even simple things like "which exchange rate should be used to pay employees" didn't have simple answers back then (nobody had created a cross-exchange, volume-weighted price index).

Or because BTC Foundation Funds were nearly empty and shitstorm incoming... Roll Eyes
https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/1284-the-truth-about-the-bitcoin-foundation/

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2164
Chief Scientist
Secretary work?

Activity: 826
$160k for secretary work? Sounds like fraud to me.
Pages:
Jump to: