Pages:
Author

Topic: About bitcointalk.org Registration system - page 2. (Read 636 times)

Activity: 428
Merit: 172
chenille!
December 22, 2018, 03:52:05 PM
Adding a requirement to confirm a mail account could improve the situation in my opinion. It would be much more work to register large numbers of accounts. I agree to suchmoon this would not completely prevent those accounts from registering, but it would make the whole process for them more time-consuming. Especially ICO shills/bumping services are registering hundreds of accounts and I can imagine it would discourage maybe some of them or at least make their work very annoying.

Bitcointalk should require to make an email verification and phone verification system.
I don't like services where you have to submit your personal data for signing up and I tend to avoid them. And I can't imagine this fits in a Bitcoin forum, where the founder himself is anonymous and Bitcoin in general is designed to stay anonymous. If you link it to your personal data, your BTC addresses can be connected to your identity.

Mail verification works, it's easy to create a new mail account and still enough to make it time-consuming for large numbers of fake-accounts.

But something like a KYC in a Bitcoin forum is a contradiction in itself.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
December 22, 2018, 01:44:40 PM
If there was an email verification system in registration then it will help us for stop creating fake accounts.

It won't. Fake e-mail addresses are easy to get.

Bitcointalk should require to make an email verification and phone verification system. This system will protect the forum from spam and fake accounts.

It won't. It would just inconvenience regular users. This has been discussed ad nauseam. Some have suggested going as far as implementing KYC. Not going to happen.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
December 22, 2018, 01:35:51 PM
Hello, Bitcointalk's members

Today I will only share my personal Opinion about bitcointalk.org registration system.

bitcointalk.org registration system is too easy. There is no email verification system in the registration system. If there was an email verification system in registration then it will help us for stop creating fake accounts. Because I saw lots of fake accounts in the service section. They have only 1-3 activity. They create those account for doing only small tasks like survey tasks, Registration tasks etc.

Example link :
1. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.46919848
2. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitsgapcom-get-a-reward-for-simple-feedback-finished-5079424

In those link, you can see there are lot's of fake account with 1 activity created for only pick money by doing those tasks. If there were an email and phone verification system for registration process then it can help us to stop useless fake accounts. Bitcointalk should require to make an email verification and phone verification system. This system will protect the forum from spam and fake accounts. Nowadays Fake accounts are very dangerous for us. They can do various illegal things and it will damage this forum. So always stay safe from fake accounts.

You can share your own opinion with us.

Best regards
Coin-Desk
Pages:
Jump to: