Pages:
Author

Topic: About Cloud mining sites - page 2. (Read 215 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 275
December 18, 2017, 07:37:10 AM
Hey,

New in a forum but been owning cryptos on and off for 3 years+, mostly for buying stuff online. So I got genuinely interested about these cloudmining sites only by now as I never realized they offer such a huge returns. However I am aware that most of these if not all, are scams. 

My actual question is: Is it theoretically possible for such a service give as high returns as they promise? For you cryptominers out there: If I for example have 20 Terahash of mining capacity, how much this would earn for me or the cloud mining company itself if used. I found some calculators online, but couldn't figure out the cost of the electricity and such. Thank you for your answers ! 

NOTE: this is not scam accusation, just interested how much an optimal setup would net profit with different TH/s numbers.

No they do not give you higher returns. Instead of that what they are doing is they are taking huge or little from you and then showing you the simulated figures which yo never achieve in the reality. The thing is cloud mining is very old game and it does not benefit you now a days due to extreme difficulty for the network. The congestion has recently increased a lot and until the time we don't figure out the block size problem then this will continue. In practical approach cloud miners are getting what they are looking for but they never get enough profits to re-distrubtue to us. They might pay you for initial months but they will end your contract before you can start profiting. So think many many times before you invest money into it. 
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
December 17, 2017, 01:15:38 PM
You have to think of it in a different way - why would a cryptocurrency mining company go to all the expense of setting up infrastructure and buying expensive hardware, only to share all the rewards with random strangers? It doesn't make any sense.

It could make sense for some of the newer altcoins, however you would be much safer mining new coins yourself as the hardware requirements are much lower than Bitcoin needs.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
December 17, 2017, 01:01:58 PM
Hey,

New in a forum but been owning cryptos on and off for 3 years+, mostly for buying stuff online. So I got genuinely interested about these cloudmining sites only by now as I never realized they offer such a huge returns. However I am aware that most of these if not all, are scams.

My actual question is: Is it theoretically possible for such a service give as high returns as they promise? For you cryptominers out there: If I for example have 20 Terahash of mining capacity, how much this would earn for me or the cloud mining company itself if used. I found some calculators online, but couldn't figure out the cost of the electricity and such. Thank you for your answers !

Pages:
Jump to: