Pages:
Author

Topic: About to buy my 1st Bitcoin - page 6. (Read 3805 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 03, 2015, 05:09:38 PM
Get an electrum wallet, i used it for the first time few days ago and its easy set up and easy to transfer funds.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
December 03, 2015, 05:07:21 PM
I wouldn't say it's unsafe, but i would still advise you to transfer it away from exchange account, especially since you plan to hold it for that long.
First you have to make sure your system is clean, and then take a look at available clients https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Clients
I would recommend that you make a paper wallet and place it on a safe place, in my mind it's still the safest thing to do.
Congrats on getting your first bitcoin.
Activity: 583
Merit: 503
December 03, 2015, 05:06:17 PM
Safest way is to preserve your Bitcoin offline, with password. Don't lose your password, it would really ruin your day  Grin

I wouldn't engage in activities like gambling and trading yet if I were you. The first method can wipe out your Bitcoin in a matter of seconds, the second requires experience, knowledge and a bit of luck also. You could scout the Service section of this forum and see if you can increase your amount of crypto by paid work/tasks.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
December 03, 2015, 05:04:49 PM
Finally!  I have found an easy way to buy bitcoin.

Someone introduced me to coinbase.  I signed up to it and i entered my banking details.

I uploaded 400 dollars to my usd account, and now i am finally going to purchase my first bitcoin.

I am very happy about this.  It's about time i can easily buy bitcoin from my bank,

So my question is:   Once i buy my first bitcoin, what exactly do i do with it?

Do i leave it in my coinbase account?  Is it safe there?

Or do i transfer it to my desktop computer?

I'm not familiar with this yet.   I plan to always keep a balance of 1 bitcoin in my account for 5 years to 10 years,

the rest of the bitcoin i buy i will spend online.

What is everyone's advice?   

Download a bitcoin wallet and transfer it to that wallet, also print out the private key of that address(do not share your private key).
If your computer crashes and u have your private key, u will be able to get your coins back Smiley

Also backup your wallet.dat and your private key on a usb stick. So u safe Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
December 03, 2015, 05:03:05 PM
It's your 'money' and you can do whatever you want... why are you asking here what should you do with your BTC?
Activity: 74
Merit: 15
December 03, 2015, 05:02:04 PM
Finally!  I have found an easy way to buy bitcoin.

Someone introduced me to coinbase.  I signed up to it and i entered my banking details.

I uploaded 400 dollars to my usd account, and now i am finally going to purchase my first bitcoin.

I am very happy about this.  It's about time i can easily buy bitcoin from my bank,

So my question is:   Once i buy my first bitcoin, what exactly do i do with it?

Do i leave it in my coinbase account?  Is it safe there?

Or do i transfer it to my desktop computer?

I'm not familiar with this yet.   I plan to always keep a balance of 1 bitcoin in my account for 5 years to 10 years,

the rest of the bitcoin i buy i will spend online.

What is everyone's advice?   
Pages:
Jump to: