Pages:
Author

Topic: About to turn off my mining rigs - page 2. (Read 2304 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
June 21, 2014, 06:06:53 PM
I shut my Avalon G1 down in March of this year.  I reckon I've got a few more months of S1 mining left, and we'll see how long the S2's can run for.

You either upgrade incrementally or shut down for good.  Personally, I'm slowly working towards the latter.  I've been mining since Jan 2012 and saved 80% of the coins I ever mined.  My efforts now aren't going to get me any further ahead in a relative sense and that's okay.
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019
June 21, 2014, 04:54:54 PM
Shut my farm down at the end of May.  I'm on a tiered electrical plan and comfort became more important than profit. I live in a hot state and need the AC on. Now what to do with this almost worthless gear? 2.6TH/s of misc  lol...

Dont know if I want to hassle with shipping or not. This stuff can probably just collect dust in the basement. It served me well.

Regards,

You can try to sell it. Many people have free electricity or t very low cost, I'm sure you will find someone interested in buying.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
June 21, 2014, 04:26:49 PM
You can both PM me what you are selling Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
June 21, 2014, 02:20:56 PM
Shut my farm down at the end of May.  I'm on a tiered electrical plan and comfort became more important than profit. I live in a hot state and need the AC on. Now what to do with this almost worthless gear? 2.6TH/s of misc  lol...

Dont know if I want to hassle with shipping or not. This stuff can probably just collect dust in the basement. It served me well.

Regards,
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
June 21, 2014, 02:00:46 PM
With electricity being 11.5 cents a kWH, rising difficulty, and the recent drop in BTC to USD, by my math my 4 Cubes will not generate enough income to cover the cost of electricity in then next 9 days or so.

Shortly after that (2-4 weeks?), my BFL units will be in the same position.   I expect that by the end of July / early August I will shut the entire mining operation down.

I post this because I was wondering if anyone else was starting to get in the same position with the 'older' ASIC (i.e. 110 nm, 65 nm, 55nm) units?
Pages:
Jump to: