Pages:
Author

Topic: [AC] AsiaCoin | Pure PoS | 100% Interest - page 24. (Read 264526 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
January 26, 2015, 05:42:16 PM
some POS coins and annual POS return
HYP HyperStake 750% PoS
HBN (100%)
CAP(200%)
TEK(500%)
we must look how these coins prosper and/or survive at such high stake rates

BALLS 1000%
MMXIV 2014%

lol holy moly thats crazy... and people gave AC a hard time about 100%

isn't AC's below 80% by now?

I've been adding a few more AC to my bag whenever I get the chance, ditched a bunch of vdo to buy AC and rbr last night
legendary
Activity: 1148
January 26, 2015, 12:01:11 PM
HYP HyperStake 750% PoS
HBN (100%)
CAP(200%)
TEK(500%)

BALLS 1000%
MMXIV 2014%

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
January 26, 2015, 02:18:05 AM
HYP HyperStake 750% PoS
HBN (100%)
CAP(200%)
TEK(500%)
legendary
Kaspa
January 25, 2015, 04:54:08 AM
Our data on http://coinmarketcap.com/ is now updated, it showed the wrong total supply before. We're now coin 117 with ~$75,000 market cap.

right on, I've been buying a few thousand here and there when I can. what is the network weight for AC? it's not at the bottom of the wallet, get info says the pos difficulty is at  274.46071294?  did it get raised to protect against the threat of pos attack? or has it always been that high? Smiley

I figure the long min stake age and high diff would make it trickier for someone orchestrate such an attack, and when they fail they'd have to wait another 2 weeks to try again. although having a max stake age would help even more wouldn't it?

the short min stake age coins (a few hours) would mean they can keep re trying the attacks over and over

Having a max stake age helps for sure. 274.46 is the PoW difficulty, the last time it was calculated (right at the end of PoW phase). Our PoS difficulty is 0.0548 (you can see it from the block explorer).

k thanks guys Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
January 25, 2015, 03:02:46 AM
I am currently trying out Google Inbox and have several invites that I am not using. Anyone interested in paying AC for them?

Google Inbox Invite x1: 5,000 AC
This is not the proper thread for trading.
I could use the main trading section but what are the chances of people interested in paying AC for the invite? I believe the interest level is definitely higher within the community thread itself. Cheesy
Activity: 210
January 23, 2015, 12:25:31 PM
Our data on http://coinmarketcap.com/ is now updated, it showed the wrong total supply before. We're now coin 117 with ~$75,000 market cap.

right on, I've been buying a few thousand here and there when I can. what is the network weight for AC? it's not at the bottom of the wallet, get info says the pos difficulty is at  274.46071294?  did it get raised to protect against the threat of pos attack? or has it always been that high? Smiley

I figure the long min stake age and high diff would make it trickier for someone orchestrate such an attack, and when they fail they'd have to wait another 2 weeks to try again. although having a max stake age would help even more wouldn't it?

the short min stake age coins (a few hours) would mean they can keep re trying the attacks over and over

Having a max stake age helps for sure. 274.46 is the PoW difficulty, the last time it was calculated (right at the end of PoW phase). Our PoS difficulty is 0.0548 (you can see it from the block explorer).
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
January 23, 2015, 12:14:33 PM
I am currently trying out Google Inbox and have several invites that I am not using. Anyone interested in paying AC for them?

This is not the proper thread for trading.
January 23, 2015, 12:05:08 PM

right on, I've been buying a few thousand here and there when I can. what is the network weight for AC? it's not at the bottom of the wallet, get info says the pos difficulty is at  274.46071294?  did it get raised to protect against the threat of pos attack? or has it always been that high? Smiley

Coins with low minimum staking age are more susceptible to an attack. At the moment, I don't think there is a need for a maximum staking age as that discourages people from staking. I am seeing difficulty of less at 0.1 so I am not sure where you get that difficulty level. You can always refer to the explorer to verify.
legendary
Kaspa
January 21, 2015, 04:29:45 PM

January 21, 2015, 06:22:32 AM
January 18, 2015, 09:50:37 AM
hi guys . Is it true that AC is fastest altcoin available?
Recently tested direct transfer within two AC wallets.
Receiving wallet has shown AC as arrived after around 3 to 4 seconds
and has shown as confirmed afer around 20-25 seconds.
Does anybody know how many seconds/minutes takes to transfer other altcoins ?
I know only bitcoin - it takes roughly one hour to confirm ( so much worse that Asiacoin )

The slowness with Bitcoin is also due to the fact that it is the leading crypto-currency with a huge amount of transactions. At the moment, I think AC only has minimal transactions.
January 18, 2015, 08:51:26 AM
and has shown as confirmed afer around 20-25 seconds.
I know only bitcoin - it takes roughly one hour to confirm ( so much worse that Asiacoin )

AC is pretty fast but I wouldn't claim that it's the fastest out there. Generally the lower the block time, the faster the transactions/confirmations will be, and the lower security will be. There are some others (like UTC) that have speed as their primary selling point.
Activity: 230
January 18, 2015, 08:32:41 AM
and has shown as confirmed after around 20-25 seconds.
January 18, 2015, 01:46:20 AM

January 18, 2015, 12:51:37 AM
also you might have seen this. a group gathering to take out pos coins with some sort of pos attack, I think coins like AC and MINT who have 2 weeks + to wait for coins to mature before they stake are probably much more protected than coins with only 8 hrs. am I right ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cleanup-ill-attack-some-coins-i-owned-apexcoin-for-90-blocks-897493

You're right.

Long minimum staking age makes it more secure since in case you want to do a blockchain rewrite attack, you need to have valid private keys with 2 week+ coin age, those are a lot more difficult to come by (as most these attackers just buy their coins and dump it as soon as the coins reach the minimum staking age). It's also more secure since if you miss your chance of rewriting the blockchain, you have to wait again for 2 weeks to retry, rather than a few hours. This gives much better protection.

There's just one scenario: If an attacked had managed to have such a private key and if he managed to do such an attack successfully, there would be less active staking coins to complete, at least in theory, so the attacker will need less coins to manage such an attack.

But in the end, as the security of PoW coins will depend on high hashrates and distribution of them, the security of PoS coins depends on a high amount of coins staking, and their distribution. I've tried doing some experiments on AC, not trying to rewrite the blockchain but trying to see if I could if I wanted to, the most consecutive blocks that I could manage to find has been around ~10. That's better than most other PoS coins but it's nowhere near PoW coins with well-distributed hashrates.

Anyway it's an interesting discussion there, thanks for the link. I think I'll join their discussion.
legendary
Kaspa
January 17, 2015, 03:02:11 PM
also you might have seen this. a group gathering to take out pos coins with some sort of pos attack, I think coins like AC and MINT who have 2 weeks + to wait for coins to mature before they stake are probably much more protected than coins with only 8 hrs. am I right ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cleanup-ill-attack-some-coins-i-owned-apexcoin-for-90-blocks-897493
legendary
Kaspa
January 17, 2015, 02:54:38 PM
great to see you guys haven't given up Smiley it could still be a giant

looked through a couple pages hope'n to find a conf file so I can get my wallet sync'n, any chance someone could be assistance?

EDIT: I guess I had to let it running for a bit cause she's sync'n now Cheesy lol 189 days behind Sad oops... but at least I didn't sell out Wink

Please make sure you are on the latest wallet that can be found on the OP or website.

Additional nodes can be found at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ac/#!network. Use only the ones running version 2.0.0.

thanks for that, I think it's going faster now, just over halfway sync'ed now lol.  a "bootstrap" download above the wallets would help for any new comers, even if it's only updated once a month. if they join AC they'd only have to wait for the last month to update not the whole year Wink
January 16, 2015, 08:45:08 PM
Rather than departments, we will probably have individuals handling multiple roles. After a chat with Maestro1, we might want to kick things up a few notches by exploring fringe development projects. The first one we are looking into is our own blockchain explorer and minor polishes to the current AC wallet. Between the 2 of us, we can only manage that much since neither of us are C++ programmers. As for the other languages, we can explore but Maestro1 and I agree that a lot of altcoins fail because not enough vetting was done of incoming volunteers. We probably favour more of a paranoid approach and spoil the show for everyone. All in all, nothing will work out well if we do not have a developer who can work on the wallet.

I agree , we better only take valuable members that can truly perform ,
dividing tasks and Roles among Public Relation & Marketing Team ,
and Creative Branding & Developer Staffing .

A small team moving forward is better than an inflated one that creates only chatter and chaos , spoiling processes .

One way would be to get only truly entrepreneurial and spirited people who believe in the possibilities of joining our forces ,
people who are self-motivated , buying their own stake in AC while it is so cheap . All under 2000k is very cheap ,
more so as BTC isn't expensive at all and will definitely rise again from the floor to new heights as well , a compounding win .

That said , there is always more to each , and the greatest ideas & strategies often may come at precisely the most appropriate time Wink
I would lump PR & Marketing under one role, Creative & Branding may be another. Maestro1 is reaching out his contacts to see if we can get any developers to come onboard.
January 16, 2015, 08:40:14 PM
great to see you guys haven't given up Smiley it could still be a giant

looked through a couple pages hope'n to find a conf file so I can get my wallet sync'n, any chance someone could be assistance?

EDIT: I guess I had to let it running for a bit cause she's sync'n now Cheesy lol 189 days behind Sad oops... but at least I didn't sell out Wink

Please make sure you are on the latest wallet that can be found on the OP or website.

Additional nodes can be found at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ac/#!network. Use only the ones running version 2.0.0.
January 16, 2015, 08:38:15 PM
edit: i rephrased this

great there is interest in the asiacoin community to change its image.

i could come up with some designs.

AC bounties are cool but if possible i would like to get paid for professional work in coins that could pay the rent.

i think before you are starting to think about asiacoin's official mascot better try to get some more extra asian languages sorted.

i offer a translation service for bitcoin as you can see in my signature.
me and a team of native speakers translate into several asian languages and could handle the official AC ANN OP and wallet translations if needed.

let's be a bit more professional! Smiley

i am open to your suggestions...

cheers

You are right, of course, but we cant pay for professional work, actually we need help and we can offer you to be part of the community, invest in the project and wait for results. If you take de AC Ann OP in asian languages you can take the credit and donations (bounties maybe too), I can do the same with spanish (wich is my language) and maybe we can grow in that way.

If donations are going to the translators, how is the core development group going to get donations to fund the AC activities? I think this has to be thought through.

Mmm... you are right, we need to know firts how can be the organization before think in that details.

1.- This "Ac Ann OP managers" can be part of the team, coordinated by you, if you are still in PPRR and marketing. Then you share the asiacoin of our department.

2.- This "Ac Ann Op managers" are independent and can have the donations from their thread and share X% with Core.

3.- This "Ac Ann Op managers" are independents and can haver the donations direction for core and their personal directions for donations.

More feedback needed. And an administrative department too.

And we still need volunteers.

Rather than departments, we will probably have individuals handling multiple roles. After a chat with Maestro1, we might want to kick things up a few notches by exploring fringe development projects. The first one we are looking into is our own blockchain explorer and minor polishes to the current AC wallet. Between the 2 of us, we can only manage that much since neither of us are C++ programmers. As for the other languages, we can explore but Maestro1 and I agree that a lot of altcoins fail because not enough vetting was done of incoming volunteers. We probably favour more of a paranoid approach and spoil the show for everyone. All in all, nothing will work out well if we do not have a developer who can work on the wallet.

Ok. Then...

We are a community with individuals doing jobs to improve the project and the community itself. We can put the proposals in the main page in order to fund each project. If we have Layer and their team with us we can have a larger community and maybe volunteers (maybe even the dev). So we need a proposal from Layer and their team, to be "Ac Ann Op Managers" (best if it is a volunteer job XD) and I will be one of them in spanish for free (I am a volunteer). In any case an "Ac Ann Op manager" (Short name required) can gather donations.

Is this it?

The main concern is that the managers controlling the ANN OP is a critical role, I don't think it should be a volunteered role but one that is more long-term. After all, the individual who control the ANN OP does control the entire ANN OP of the language. As for donations, I support the idea of maybe 2 to 3 donation addresses rather than spreading out the donations amongst ANN OP managers. In all honestly, ANN OP managers are still marketing staff. Like I voiced out several times, without a developer, nothing moves. We can have as many marketing projects but we are doomed to see AC fail to take off without a long-term developer. Simple as that. That said, the focus at the moment is better off working on fringe development projects that support AC and vetting C++ developers that can come onboard within disappearing halfway through like in the past.
Pages:
Jump to: