Pages:
Author

Topic: Acceptable Collateral - page 2. (Read 1941 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 08, 2015, 06:08:21 PM
Hello,

New user to the site, and have traded on other exchanges. Curious to know what are acceptable forms of collateral for lending out bitcoins. (I would lend the bitcoins)

The best collateral is altcoins which are known and sell wuickly, like DOGEcoin and Litecoin.
Also bitcointalk accounts have value, but don't over estimate it.
Don't accept giftcards because they sell at 30-50% of the value or they won't sell if the loan is defaulted.

Good luck!

I would go for that too. Altcoins with a large daily volume. Accounts, be it BCT or from other sites is just too much of a hassle. People can retrieve it or the account is worth nothing, so you can't sell it.

Lending money with money as collateral.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
December 08, 2015, 05:15:46 PM
It is what collateral is. A stablely priced good that can be resold in the case of a scam, so the lender can make back the money he/she lost. It's that simple. You really don't have to worry. Look at other threads, and see what people have offered as collateral and see if they've been denied.

Some valid forms of collateral are:
 - Bitcointalk accounts; provided there is a signed message
 - Stable altcoins
 - Anything that is easy to sell, and has a consistent value.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
December 08, 2015, 06:03:58 AM
Hello,

New user to the site, and have traded on other exchanges. Curious to know what are acceptable forms of collateral for lending out bitcoins. (I would lend the bitcoins)

collateral for lending out bitcoins are some told of altcoins, but be carefull that they are saleable altcoins because he defults it and when you go for sale in market then their should be seller for that. you can have bitcointalk account as collateral but for that you should be knowing some process like get signed message from the address mentioned in that bitcointalk account which he/she is going to give you in collateral if you have any doubt you can use escrow service in this process so that in future no one can come and scam you.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
December 08, 2015, 05:43:31 AM
acceptable collateral when loaning " full members" is usually just their word for it. a man is nothing without his word

A full member account is just worth around 0.05-0.08. The price dropped since the bitcoin price has risen.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 07, 2015, 06:12:04 PM
Alright cool Ill take a look.

Thanks for the responses.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
December 07, 2015, 05:58:28 PM
acceptable collateral when loaning " full members" is usually just their word for it. a man is nothing without his word
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
December 07, 2015, 05:57:49 PM
Hello,

The best collateral is altcoins which are known and sell wuickly, like DOGEcoin and Litecoin.
Also bitcointalk accounts have value, but don't over estimate it.
Don't accept giftcards because they sell at 30-50% of the value or they won't sell if the loan is defaulted.

Good luck!
Activity: 22
Activity: 8
December 07, 2015, 05:55:02 PM
Hello,

Pages:
Jump to: