Pages:
Author

Topic: Acceptance of bitcoin as payment! - page 6. (Read 1004 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 516
March 07, 2019, 05:39:07 PM
I think the volatile nature of Bitcoin itself is what makes it more interesting to have; it’s the termed the digital gold and merchant/investors like to have something that can be sure of increasing in value.

If Bitcoin price becomes stable, there will not be much profit and this might really not be so encouraging. While some need the price to be stable, others want it fluctuating because aside buying to keep so it increases in value, others are still trading and doing other businesses with it. So, it’s true that the mass adoption is a pressing need but having it to be stable at a price is not what is required.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
March 07, 2019, 04:05:50 PM
You should surely go through the Whitepaper of bitcoin. Bitcoins are been meant for a number of online activities which includes trading, mining, gambling, etc. Purchasing commodities with bitcoins was not expected for the long run as we all know the centralized systems are always an obstacles for decentralized currencies.

Yet, there are some stores who do accept bitcoins as a mean of payment. Bitcoins are been utilized fully as we are doing them now. We can surely expect a better valuation ahead but the use might remain constant.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
March 07, 2019, 03:09:26 PM
This is basically what will make adoption go up, the more places that accept bitcoin as payment the more common bitcoin will get and the higher price will get. People will keep on buying bitcoin and less people will sell bitcoin since instead of selling bitcoin you can just spend it and the person who receives it could potentially sell it but can opt for keeping it as well which is better than the current version.

I have been accepting bitcoin as a payment for over 5 years now and I can assure you I will continue to do so because I am the type of person who would prefer to get paid in bitcoin than fiat, fiat seems illogical to me and seems too much controlled whereas bitcoin looks like it could be the way out of this financial doom we are getting closer and closer everyday.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
March 07, 2019, 02:26:12 PM
Bitcoin is used more as investment because that's how people are promoting it. When I hear someone talking about bitcoin, there are always words like investment, profit, fast money involved in their conversation. So there is no surprise bitcoin is seen more as a tool to make profit rather than being promoted as a payment method that you can use to send money and pay everywhere.
I think it might remain this way until Bitcoin on its own has a stable price and have now been well adopted worldwide as a payment method.

Lots of people actually started bitcoin because they see it as an investment that would increase in value, many believed solely in it because they’ve witnessed the great value increase their early Bitcoin brought and convincing those ones to rather see it as a payment method at a stable price alone without any other benefit might be difficult.

Yes, the wish of everyone that it becomes generally accepted because that it the time the ones hoarded will really add much value.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
March 07, 2019, 11:58:29 AM
Yes, investing in BTC actually provides many benefits besides material matters. Knowledge and insight will be obtained easily and more innovated. One business that has a future is bitcoin payments, so don't doubt the development of bitcoin.
There’s a growth everyday in cryptomarket and bitcoin improves a lot compare before. In my country, you can use it as mode of payment though it is still limited but eventually when regulations happen mode businesses will also use cryptocurrency. A market like this will stay for good and bitcoin will be more valuable in time.
yes it's good for you in a country where the government has legalized bitcoin so it's possible to make transactions. the problem is that in the country the government doesn't want to legalize bitcoin
but some countries still do not accept and do not give legality to the use of bitcoin and I think this is really very unfortunate because the country cannot accept cryptocurrency-based digital currency technology that has very high security compared to the use of other currencies.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
March 07, 2019, 11:15:27 AM
Yes, investing in BTC actually provides many benefits besides material matters. Knowledge and insight will be obtained easily and more innovated. One business that has a future is bitcoin payments, so don't doubt the development of bitcoin.
There’s a growth everyday in cryptomarket and bitcoin improves a lot compare before. In my country, you can use it as mode of payment though it is still limited but eventually when regulations happen mode businesses will also use cryptocurrency. A market like this will stay for good and bitcoin will be more valuable in time.
I agree.Bitcoin is really intended as a mode of payment and not more of an investment like most of the people now are thinking.But knowing that most of the governments in different countries are not yet ready to adopt and legalize bitcoin so people prefer to make it as an investment wherein they can make good profits out from those potential bitcoins.But hopefully in the next years ahead,bitcoin will be used already as a tool for payment system.

The government is still in learning and it must be able to enter the government list to continue to be considered, or approved for the future of its people. Bitcoin is able to provide many benefits and very practical tools for payments in any business. Surely many countries will use it for the country's economic progress and future.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
March 07, 2019, 10:29:19 AM
I agree.Bitcoin is really intended as a mode of payment and not more of an investment like most of the people now are thinking.But knowing that most of the governments in different countries are not yet ready to adopt and legalize bitcoin so people prefer to make it as an investment wherein they can make good profits out from those potential bitcoins.But hopefully in the next years ahead,bitcoin will be used already as a tool for payment system.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
March 07, 2019, 09:09:23 AM
yes it's good for you in a country where the government has legalized bitcoin so it's possible to make transactions. the problem is that in the country the government doesn't want to legalize bitcoin
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
March 07, 2019, 08:27:24 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 134
March 07, 2019, 07:33:57 AM
Agree that they are companies or retailers online that accept bitcoin as payment or any crypto at all. This should represent future in all aspect of money trade and transfer, but from some point it will take look of time for this to be a reality. Every country have reserves of cash that are back up with gold, and many dont see crypto as reliable asset to invest cuz its not constant in price, or more they cannot control it at all.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
March 07, 2019, 07:26:34 AM
In the Netherlands and more and more online companies allow bitcoin as payment. Possibly other countries also.
Bitcoin is processed through 3rd part processors but yes it is a valid payment option.

We also need to take into account that there are elderly people who have never used a computer (or internet) and don't want to use digital currency in any form.
The technology is far ahead and it will take a generation or two for it to become the default method and considered "normal".

And gold has been the standard for a long time (way before cash was invented).
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
March 07, 2019, 07:16:41 AM
There are already a number of companies that has accepted Bitcoin as payment. Though, This is quite a breakthrough last 2017 or 2018 but despite of this event, There are still some issues in terms of the legality of Bitcoin. Yes, Bitcoin is already known worldwide but not all legally accepts Bitcoin as form a currency or payment. Well again despite of the limitation set by these Laws, Bitcoin (Users of Bitcoin) still managed to move forward and to innovate on it's own. Let's not expect for the rates to stabilize the way we wanted, as it will continuously or forever be in a volatile state.
Crypto isn't just fully established and yet it still on the developing stage.  Since we are still on the process of legalization, we don't expect for its fully acceptance as a mode of payment. It takes times to have that, maybe a year's but we do hope that people will oversee bitcoin as another form of currency and not just for investment.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
March 07, 2019, 06:49:41 AM
There are already a number of companies that has accepted Bitcoin as payment. Though, This is quite a breakthrough last 2017 or 2018 but despite of this event, There are still some issues in terms of the legality of Bitcoin. Yes, Bitcoin is already known worldwide but not all legally accepts Bitcoin as form a currency or payment. Well again despite of the limitation set by these Laws, Bitcoin (Users of Bitcoin) still managed to move forward and to innovate on it's own. Let's not expect for the rates to stabilize the way we wanted, as it will continuously or forever be in a volatile state.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
March 07, 2019, 04:04:05 AM
at this time it may not be maximal bitcoin as a means of payment, because it relates to its legality in every country. but many bitcoiners use it as an investment tool because it is profitable, and we hope that bitcoin will soon be accepted as a means of payment
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING
March 07, 2019, 03:44:41 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
March 07, 2019, 12:50:30 AM
I have not read bitcoin's whitepaper but from the little understanding I have I think bitcoin was developed to be use as a mode of payment for goods and services? It was for a transactionary purposes and not as the way we are using it now as a way of making profits by buy them and hold or sell Them whenever we think it has appreciated in pricing!
I believe for bitcoin to grow it purposes must be well explain to the populace as they are the one that needs it in transactions and that is why the more people that know about it an it primarily uses of p2p the better bitcoin become.  We must promote it with the aim of bringing more people especially business people to start adopting bitcoin for they business.  Bitcoin should also be stable in pricing because it will be very difficult for retailers and wholesalers business to use it if it is unstable.
Finally I will like to get your opinion on this as this will help the mind of many of us here about this great technologies.
I don't think the price of BTC should be stable. I think it needs a lot of volatility to increase the attractiveness of businesses' investments. But anyway, investing in BTC will never be loss. why? because the halving event always takes place after 4 years and the price of the BTC soars up a lot.
If BTC is available at this bad time, businesses will have huge profits in the future.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
March 07, 2019, 12:46:57 AM
At this current day we can see big development in the acceptance of bitcoin especially in the field of businesses simply because some companies, store and mall start to accept it as a mode of payment. Maybe in the coming future all of us bitcoin to pay all our bills.
Well right now the development is quite good from cryptocurrency, some companies actually make their own coins for their payments. and this is indeed very good for current developments
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
March 07, 2019, 12:32:17 AM
nowadays there are many bitcoin users who benefit, in addition to providing bitcoin benefits it can also be used for easy payment by its users. Because it's easy to pay with bitcoin is very acceptable to the public.
Crypto currency payments may be possible if the crypto currency has been inaugurated by the government as the applicable currency for payments and transactions because in my country crypto currencies are still prohibited by the government for direct transactions but at some time it will be possible
Activity: 532
Merit: 148
March 06, 2019, 11:08:58 PM
Bitcoin nowadays can be used as a payment method especially on online shops. Many people uses bitcoin as a payment because the transactions are smooth and can be payed quicker then fiat currency. In some restaurants here in our country they accept bitcoin as a payment as like as bitcoin atm. Using it as a payment method can save our time and efforts when paying. We can also have a service or have an own shop and accepts bitcoin as a payment.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
March 06, 2019, 10:02:23 PM
In my understanding, the main purpose of Bitcoin is for online payment, it's a decentralized payment system with an advantage for the users to enjoy a very cheap transaction fee and instant transaction. That is suppose to be, but for now, it's not happening yet because most people are seeing bitcoin as an investment, hence it resulted to price volatility but these problem will have a solution as the market matured.
Pages:
Jump to: