Pages:
Author

Topic: Accepting payment unanonymously - page 2. (Read 1026 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
January 01, 2017, 10:31:22 AM
If the payer only has a bitcoin address, then she won't know who she is paying.

As Bitcoin is only pseudonymous, you have to ensure that no other information is linked to your address.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
January 01, 2017, 06:11:41 AM
Hi.. I want to know if there is any way one can accept payment in bitcoins without the payer knowing whom he is sending money. Is there any way the payer can find out whom did he pay by sending a mail to the website owner or smthng..
If you are using exchange your address is related to your personal data.
If you are using some web wallet your address is related to your personal data.
If you are using software wallet your address is NOT related to your personal data.

You are looking for this third option, download software wallet like electrum/multibit/bitcoin core.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
January 01, 2017, 05:21:59 AM
Hi.. I want to know if there is any way one can accept payment in bitcoins without the payer knowing whom he is sending money. Is there any way the payer can find out whom did he pay by sending a mail to the website owner or smthng..

I think theres a way like what you say, by mailing the owner of the website if you use your real identity, but ofcourse the owner dont tell if you didnt do anything wrong. Ofcourse the owner of the site should protect your identity. So dont you worry if you didnt do anything wrong, but if you do anything wrong. haha they can know you. they can track you.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
January 01, 2017, 05:14:46 AM
bitcoin is decentralized which means you don't need a website owner to make a bitcoin address for you and give it to you!

you download a bitcoin wallet https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet and make a bitcoin address and give that address (public key) to the sender to pay you bitcoin.

and if the only thing the sender sees is your bitcoin address that you just made, he can not know who you are.

but if you announce to the world who you are and if you sell those coins, your identity becomes known.

https://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know#anonymous
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 01, 2017, 05:04:49 AM
Pages:
Jump to: