Pages:
Author

Topic: âš’[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coinâš’ - page 2. (Read 226228 times)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Well I am fairly sure I am mining on the right fork, if not I've wasted a ton of power. iSpace/P2pool and a bunch of others are all on that fork running about 10.9K diff right now, the others are much lower like that one p2pool node at 15 diff. If Poloniex doesnt start working I might have to see about selling some CGA direct or something.

Log a ticket with them to have them check. They've fallen off the proper chain before.

THe node addnode=162.243.6.127 you mentioned on the 14th is a badly forked P2POOL node, its been at 15 diff and doesnt even adjust when its hit with a lot of hash. The others seem to be working. ispace.co.uk and the other p2pool nodes are on the same. But swisscex and poloniex both have derped wallets. Can anyone check the Megamultipool CGA pool, their derping with my account and claiming my username doesnt exist when I try and reset password, I'd like to see what diff it is at.

I opened router ports and have 17 active connections to the CGA network now, up from the 3-4 I used to get. With most other pools just not around anymore, this hopefully is the right fork, I hope so Ive mined almost 210 CGA over the last 2 days now.

Edit: risen to 19 connections now.

Edit: 24 now, and rising. So much better than 4.

Edit: 31 and uploading to a lot of nodes it seems. Seems at least some people are syncing up.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1126
Well I am fairly sure I am mining on the right fork, if not I've wasted a ton of power. iSpace/P2pool and a bunch of others are all on that fork running about 10.9K diff right now, the others are much lower like that one p2pool node at 15 diff. If Poloniex doesnt start working I might have to see about selling some CGA direct or something.

Log a ticket with them to have them check. They've fallen off the proper chain before.
legendary
yeah all my dep to polo have gone into lala land. Turned off the coin on my pool and haven't looked into it yet. My wallets wern't displaying the warning about transactions so my guess was that polo was/is off the proper chain.
Is there still forking going on I am syncing and mining fine, then randomly 0 hours behind, but many blocks behind http://imgur.com/3SbEtjo I got withdraws from iSpace just fine and have been solo mining, but deposits to Poloniex have been lost.

Edit: Found that one of the p2pool nodes is forked, http://162.243.6.127:23932/static/ main diff is 5k, thats at 15 it was a US P2POOL node so I tried to use it, so many blocks so fast lol.

Second edit: Seems when that other chain finds blocks it desyncs the wallet on the main chain, p2pool, ispace, and a bunch of exhanges are all on the same chain, 1 p2pool public node seems to be the only thing forked, but it has one guy mining at like 23kh.
legendary
My wallet is stuck on block 183471 for an hour now.

Another fork?

I really like this coin and the math behind it but it IS a PITA anymore.

Any ideas on where to go to get the "correct" blockchain updated?

Roll Eyes

Nope, you should be near:

"blocks" : 267863,

My wallets are on the proper chain.

These are the nodes I'm using:

addnode=94.242.222.27
addnode=149.210.168.71
addnode=5.45.105.66
addnode=193.95.253.142
addnode=162.243.6.127
addnode=217.25.229.70

$ cryptographicanomalyd getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 267863,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.52907981,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 22250825,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false
}
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
My wallet is stuck on block 183471 for an hour now.

Another fork?

I really like this coin and the math behind it but it IS a PITA anymore.

Any ideas on where to go to get the "correct" blockchain updated?

Roll Eyes
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
dev dev dev dev dev
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
so dev dropped the coin or will it be alive again  Huh
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc
dev was online 1-2 days ago Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
loved CGA but seems its dead now Sad

AllCrypt is apparently on a bad chain and nothing works. We're removing the coin until we get info from a dev. I'm not wasting hours trying to fix yet another shitty altcoin no one cares about. "No one" NOT referring to those people not heavily invested in it, and screaming at my support staff to "fix your shitty website", when the people who made the coin let it fork and don't care about it.

It's a shitty situation but probably for the best that you remove for now. Hopefully the community can rally behind one of the forks and keep the coin going, looks like the dev died suddenly or something.

my pools have been on the proper fork as well as poloniex for several weeks now. Just takes some dedicated pool ops and miners to keep track of the fork their wallets are on. It was a lot worse, a few times a week it'd jump forks for no reason, but it's slowly stabilizing.

crackfoo has indicated his pools are on the same chain as poloniex. Does anybody know which pools and exchanges are not on this chain? Anybody have any arguments that this should not be considered the proper fork?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

AllCrypt is apparently on a bad chain and nothing works. We're removing the coin until we get info from a dev. I'm not wasting hours trying to fix yet another shitty altcoin no one cares about. "No one" NOT referring to those people not heavily invested in it, and screaming at my support staff to "fix your shitty website", when the people who made the coin let it fork and don't care about it.

It's a shitty situation but probably for the best that you remove for now. Hopefully the community can rally behind one of the forks and keep the coin going, looks like the dev died suddenly or something.

my pools have been on the proper fork as well as poloniex for several weeks now. Just takes some dedicated pool ops and miners to keep track of the fork their wallets are on. It was a lot worse, a few times a week it'd jump forks for no reason, but it's slowly stabilizing.

How is the "proper fork" determined?

Is there any block explorer?  The digital mint has been dead for about a month.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
Activity: 749
Merit: 503
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Activity: 595
Merit: 500
and if the block time is 60 seconds how am I able to get multiple blocks (2 or 3) in one minute sometimes?

is it because they allocated 1 coin to each 60 second time slot and if the difficulty is low enough they still allocate 1 full coin, but just dole it out in 3 blocks of 1/3?
Block times are an average, because block finding (mining) is a statistical process - sometimes no block is found for several minutes, sometimes several blocks are found within one minute. If the time between blocks gets too long, the diff (difficulty) goes down so finding a block becomes easier. If the time between blocks gets too short, the diff goes up to make block finding harder. If more people start mining or more powerful miners start finding more blocks, the diff goes up to make it harder. If miners switch off or go to another (more profitable) coin, the times between blocks increase due to the remaining miners finding blocks at lower rate, so the diff goes down to make finding easier again.
All blocks that are found and become part of the block chain are rewarded according to the same formula (depending on the diff) either 1/3 fixed amount or less if the diff is higher than 3 or more when there is an "anomaly". It does not depend on the time since the last block was found.
Hope this clarifies.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
let him fix his floor...if the dev stumbled and hit his head on unfixed floors it could be the end of cga
Activity: 163
Merit: 10
Ive been speaking with a few mods/admins on poloniex and it seems our beloved Dev is busy installing hardwood floors or was it garage doors idk cant remember dont really care.

Tf2honeybadger is supposedly the person who has taken on the responsibilities of the coin and is the person who is working on fixing the bugs that we have been dealing with lately. I spoke with him in Poloniex troll box and asked him to post on here to enlighten the community or hell just to show some life from the Devs of this coin.

He said he would write something up....that was a week ago or so. Huh

I had a conversation with OldManKidd of Poloniex and he says real life issues with the Dev team are hampering progress for CGA right now.

Patients a virtue.
Pages:
Jump to: