Pages:
Author

Topic: Advertising shiller spotted! - page 2. (Read 599 times)

copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
August 04, 2020, 04:05:59 PM
Because I have no clue or I don't know if there is a feature here on Bitcointalk where I could just report this account and not each post?
Just use the report button and write details on comment box. If you can't report each posts then just report one and mention on comment to check that users post history. Moderators will do rest of the work from their side.

Edit - Someone have already given you the suggestion about report submission. Just follow that from next time.

As for the website itself, it was registered way back 2016 as I've checked on Whois. It may be an established site, so I suspect that account was used for "paid shilling".

Maybe some one is promoting their site to get payment from them but i haven't seen anything relates with that on their frontend. You can take a look on their author's  page and most of the authors profile have got no profile picture. 

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
August 04, 2020, 03:35:59 PM
Because I have no clue or I don't know if there is a feature here on Bitcointalk where I could just report this account and not each post?
You cannot report the user. You can only report posts.
The best thing you can do is to report one of posts and ask moderators to check the post history.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
August 04, 2020, 03:24:49 PM
I don't know if the shiller is the blog/website owner or was "paid to shill" by Coinpedia?

Maybe doing it for SEO or backlink purposes? Hmmm....
This user have already created multiple topics where he is trying to promote a specific website named "coinpedia". Almost all the topic contain the same website link and it took my attention today on bitcoin discussion board where he opened a topic about an Australian who wants to sell his house through bitcoin payment. I don’t know you have already reported his post or not but i am gonna do it from my end to let mods know about his activity.

After checking post history its clear that he is trying to drive visitors to his own site by providing same website link.     

Haven't reported yet, but thank you for reporting him.

As for the website itself, it was registered way back 2016 as I've checked on Whois. It may be an established site, so I suspect that account was used for "paid shilling".
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
August 04, 2020, 01:59:39 PM
I don't know if the shiller is the blog/website owner or was "paid to shill" by Coinpedia?

This user have already created multiple topics where he is trying to promote a specific website named "coinpedia". Almost all the topic contain the same website link and it took my attention today on bitcoin discussion board where he opened a topic about an Australian who wants to sell his house through bitcoin payment. I don’t know you have already reported his post or not but i am gonna do it from my end to let mods know about his activity.

After checking post history its clear that he is trying to drive visitors to his own site by providing same website link.     

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
August 04, 2020, 12:37:49 PM
Thanks for bringing up this issue, I hope you also reported the profile to the Mods
The people behind coinpedia are known to be spammers and have had a couple of their accounts banned. I think they are committing ban evasions and mods should ban the remain accounts too

1. coinpediaJordan - Banned
2. sarajahon - Banned
3. Jeffery Mus - Inactive
4. Christy Joseph - Active
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
August 04, 2020, 12:08:45 PM
Can the mods check this account please?

Profile link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/christy-joseph-2830919
Date registered: July 18, 2020

If you take a look at the post history, it was mostly blog advertising/shilling and ain't really natural at all.

The account averaged 1-2 "shill" posts daily. All except the first post were having raw and hyperlinks pointing to https://coinpedia.org

Any thoughts about this one mods? Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: